Grinding noise

Maybe something w/ the brakes? Jeez, I don't know. I think you may have explain little more. Can you tell on which side? Maybe anything else that you do or a situation that makes this happen consistantly? When did you notice this?

Ok it makes a sound like when you have to replace your pads.. Like a loose nut comming out.. yet I couldnt find anything.

It happens when ever it wants to.. when I am driving or when I come to a stop and go again.. it is unexpected.

It comes from the rear of the car..

sounds like a sticking caliper.
sometimes it releases completely and no grinding noise, and sometimes it sticks and grinds until you hit the brakes again and it releases completely, or turning a corner hard which makes it release.

Originally posted by Joe Gliksman:
sounds like a sticking caliper.
sometimes it releases completely and no grinding noise, and sometimes it sticks and grinds until you hit the brakes again and it releases completely, or turning a corner hard which makes it release.

Hmm yup sounds just like it.. how do you fix it?

Originally posted by HapaHaole:
Hmm yup sounds just like it.. how do you fix it?

Take your pads off like you are going to replace them. Put some kind of rubber/silicone compatible grease on the piston boots/seals with a q-tip or small paint brush; it helps to clean everything off with a toothbrush and simple grean and let it dry completely first. Also, while you have the pads and caliper off, check to see if you have any tears in your piston boots/seals...if so, replace them with the caliper rebuild kit from Honda. Reassemble everything and before you put the pads on, put some grease on the brake pad retainer clips (the metal clips that hold the pad via the baking plate) with a q-tip, and then re-install your pads and give it a whirl. Bleed your brakes while you're down there...take a couple minutes if you have SpeedBleeders or a vacuum bleeding system.

HTH,

Andie

Back