Greatest/Best F1 Driver

Suppose that they drive same cars. Would one driver be faster than others?
Who do you think is the best/greatest F1 Driver?

M. Schumacher? Senna? Prost? Mansell? Hill? Hakkinen? Vilenevue? Coulthard?

I think with the ever changing technology, you really cannot compare drivers of different eras. The technology of the 50's F1 cars is way, way different than modern day F1 cars. So, I think you have to compare drivers of the same era. EG. Fangio was the greatest driver of his era, MS is the greatest driver of his era.

btw, in my book.

1. Juan Manuel Fangio.
2. MS
3. Senna.
4. Prost.
5. Hill.
6. Mansell

Schuey.

Senna was remarkably fast in qualifying (anyone remember his Monaco flyer?) but less consistent. Schuey is consistent and has the ability to reach deep down to get the times he needs to win (remember the 4 stopper last year?) Wish Mika was still around.

Ponyboy said:
Schuey.

Senna was remarkably fast in qualifying (anyone remember his Monaco flyer?) but less consistent. Schuey is consistent and has the ability to reach deep down to get the times he needs to win (remember the 4 stopper last year?) Wish Mika was still around.

I dunno, a lot of his consistency comes from the awesome team and cars. It'd be interesting to put Senna in MS's ride today and see how he stacks up.

dave22 said:
a lot of his consistency comes from the awesome team and cars

Indeed, in the fact that he consistently wins. I am talking about the fact that he seems to be able to dig deep to produce the lap times he needs to win. This is why I like the old-style of qualifying.

Mika quite too early, Andrie. :frown:

Ask the guy in the middle he might know :)

Armando
ecclestone_loves_schumacher.jpg

MiamieNeSeX said:
Ask the guy in the middle he might know :)

Armando
ecclestone_loves_schumacher.jpg

Schacher's wife would raise her eyebrows. :biggrin: :biggrin:

cmhs75 said:

I don't doubt Senna's brilliance. If anyone has seen vid of that Monaco qualifying lap they certainly wouldn't...but MS has won four more championships, and decisively so, since that article was published. So decisively that he's won the championships near the mid-way point.

EDIT: for grammar and spelling too, since I can't seem to actually spell grammar correctly.

Last edited:
TigerNSX said:
Suppose that they drive same cars. Would one driver be faster than others?
I would have to say M. Schumacher

TigerNSX said:
Who do you think is the best/greatest F1 Driver?
I would have to say Rubino for this category! I just think he has the best and greatest attitude of all drivers - that certainly makes him my favorite.

I may be showing my age but does anyone remember Sir Jack Brabam?

The Brabham name is synonymous with Grand Prix motor racing and to this day, Sir Jack Brabham, the first driver in history to be knighted for his services to motorsport, remains one of racing’s most popular personalities.

The triple world champion is the only Formula One driver to have won a world title in a car of his own construction – the BT19 – which he drove to victory in 1966. The following year the Brabham team won its second successive world championship when New Zealander Denny Hulme drove the BT20 to victory

http://www.jackbrabham.com/

Definitely Aryton Senna... *******

Back