Great Sunday Drive!

Last sunday we had several SF Bayarea NSX'er meet for a nice sunday drive. We met at a local Starbucks and had a blast going through the back roads of Oakland Hills.

We are planning on having another one so if any NSX'ers in the SF Bayarea know of good back roads and wants to join us feel free to take the lead.

Thanks guys/gals that came along last sunday, that was alot of fun..

It was great until we had that encounter with the county sherrif!!
eek.gif
It's a good thing he didn't make a u-turn and try to catch up. We definately have to do it again.

[This message has been edited by Option2 (edited 10 September 2002).]

Romeo,

Count me in. I'll see if Noah wants to come also. Maybe we can do Woodside. It would be a shame if Bob had to leave for HK without one last run in the NSX.

I had the digital camera in the car the whole time!! Next time we will take pics.

Jay

You need to get out there before 10 AM for optimal traffic conditions. If you're starting from Hayward, run Redwood to Pinehurst to Skyline to Grizzly Peak to Fish Ranch Road. Then you can add Bear Creek Road (north of Orinda) to Alhambra Valley Road and end up in Pleasant Hill near my house. Redwood and Bear Creek are the best of these, but they're all very nice, especially early in the day. You can drive through Tilden Park for the middle part if you don't need a break from curves.

This will be GREAT!!
I am in!!
I will be going to Romeo's house tonight and look up the Bay Area map. We will figure out the route for this coming Sunday morning drive. Probably we will meet at SF in the morning, travel down to Half Moon Bay then the local twisty road to Saratoga.

Hi there myF16:

Nice avatar you got there! I would love an opportunity to do something like this in my "other" NSX (NOT in my Z of course!) as soon as I get it sometimes in the next few years!
biggrin.gif

Got a blown up ver. I can use for my desktop? E-mail me!
Thanks In Advance.
Bill
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 11 September 2002).]

Would love to join all of you but I already have a full schedule this Sunday. If you plan on any other Sunday drives, please let me know as I have a couple of my buddies that would probably be interested. Yes, they have NSX's also. Have Fun!

Sidney

Hey guys, where and when do you plan to meet Sunday morning. Maybe I can join up. Any excuse to go for a Sunday drive w/ some other NSX's. Let me know.

Outta Here,

1NSX2GO

------------------
1NSX2GO
97 NSX-T, 6-spd, Red/Onyx, Bridgstone SO3's, rest is stock

Some one suggested higway 35 off 92 towards Woodside. If that would be the place then the Eastbay guys can meet Emeryville/Oakland, then head south towards H-92 in the Penninsula.

private me at "[email protected]" if your interested in coming. It will be around 9am this sunday and last till about noon.

as of now we have about 5 NSX's =D
hope to see you then...

Ok, guys heres the update.

I had guys give me different suggestions for the Sunday Drive.

1)Eastbay Hills

2)Penninsula-Woodside Area

3)Marin County-

open for more suggestions, but we need to confirm it by friday. =) cast in your votes.

(pls. everyone drive responsibly..)

thanks,
Romeo

HAHA....yeah that way we are all thoroughly wired before we drive.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Option2 (edited 13 September 2002).]

Originally posted by juejaimon:
So what are the details for this Sunday?

HOw about we meet at a local Starbucks and chew the fat a bit before the drive?

-Steve

Steve, I didn't know you also play with R/C NSX. Romeo also has a nice one too.

Is there a local Starbucks in Emeryville? Maybe we can meet there.

Sound like fun. Can't make it this weekend, as my car still on race tires, and I don't have the time to pick up my street tires that I left at my friends place.

Keep us posted on future runs. It would also help if you give more lead time.

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.tracknutz.com" TARGET=_blank>www.tracknutz.com
</A>
Join us Nov 24!

Bob-

yeah.. i was heavily into R/C.
I went as far as picking up tons of fire hoses to make a racetrack for all the local R/Cers at a school in alameda.

Maybe if there's enough interest, we can all drive out in our NSXs and race the minis.

Steve, Is your gas or battery operated?
I will have to pick up a new one from HK then. I used to have a few full bearings battery operate 1/10 Tamiya R/C, but gave them to my friends when I left college.

If we get enough interest in the R/C stuff, we should try to make a R/C race meet only for NSX.

Too bad for me because I can only play with mini-z and bit-char-g in Hong Kong's tiny living room.

Mine is battery powered, haven't experimented with the gas powered though...but I've been itchin' to.

If its possible, I'm game to do a get- together to do r/c nsx'ing. I know of a perfect place to race, plenty of nice spaces for us to park our NSXes and electrical outlets to plug in our chargers right next to our self made track.

Hey guys, i'm down to meet up and go for a few runs. I'm from the east bay as well. There's a Starbucks over in Emeryville inside that circuit city plaza. I prefer the eastbay hill runs. =) i definetly wanna hook up.

Originally posted by Tobal:
Hey guys, i'm down to meet up and go for a few runs. I'm from the east bay as well. There's a Starbucks over in Emeryville inside that circuit city plaza. I prefer the eastbay hill runs. =) i definetly wanna hook up.

If myf16 can come out on Sunday and guide us the "run Redwood to Pinehurst to Skyline to Grizzly Peak to Fish Ranch Road. Then you can add Bear Creek Road (north of Orinda) to Alhambra Valley Road and end up in Pleasant Hill near my house. Redwood and Bear Creek are the best of these, but they're all very nice, especially early in the day. You can drive through Tilden Park for the middle part if you don't need a break from curves." That will be the best because it does sound fun.

[This message has been edited by nsx2000 (edited 13 September 2002).]

Hello everyone,

If anyone else is interested in joining us this sunday, kindly email me your phone number so I can organize the meet this Sunday morning.

Due to the fact that there will be "The SF Grand Prix" (w/Lance Armstrong and US Postal Team")and "SF VS Denver game" we will try to stay out of the busy H-ways such as 80 west bound.

We should meet at Lafayette off 24 instead.

Andrie, We were hoping you could join us (you take the lead =D) sorry for the late note but hopefully next time you can show us how its done =D

thanks guys and look forward to meeting you this sunday.

Ok, were all set.

Meeting for the sunday drive will be at Orinda at 9am.

Orinda is off Highway 24 just 5 miles east of The Caldecott tunnel. Orinda is a small town so we shouldnt get lost, we'll meet at the Chevron Gas Station, if traffic is light we can meet by the Theater (main Strip) for coffee then a drive through Berkeley/Oakland Hills.

If you need further directions pls call me.

see you then..
Romeo

[This message has been edited by spartan2-3 (edited 03 November 2002).]

Back