Great road discovery

Have you discovered a road where you live or on a trip that is fun, twisty, empty (of traffic ) and had little or no police? where was it? please describe it and where it is. Post photos also I you have them. I have found one here in WA and will post pics soon

The one your referring to wouldn't happen to be just before you enter Bellingham twisties beautiful lake on the left :wink:

Just before you hit CWU some twisties. High 90 both sides grand coulee dam pretty deserted area steepes nice twisties. Major straights going towards Spokane after crossing the bridge.

High 5 entering California from Oregon. Also one rest area in Oregon next to a small airfield beautiful views nice stopping area.

Leaving LA north towards the desert Long strech and twisties.

Arizona Tempe twisties out in the desert. Long straights leaving Arizona to San Diego.

I have just the road for you .It goes up to Bogus basin ski area where I work.In the summer it is great ,the road goes know where.16 miles 187 turns no cops. My personal record is 17 min.not in My nsx but in a tricked out DElsol I use to have.We also have a 2.1 mile stretch on private land that the porsche club and scca.rent for hill climb events.

NSXFRIEND,

If you know of any good roads in Md, I'd love to go for a run one day.

(It seems like they trippled the county mounties around my area. I see them everywhere lately. I've been pulled over twice in the last month for no front tag.:mad: Aren't there drug dealers they could bust somewhere????)

NSXFRIEND,

If you know of any good roads in Md, I'd love to go for a run one day.

(It seems like they trippled the county mounties around my area. I see them everywhere lately. I've been pulled over twice in the last month for no front tag.:mad: Aren't there drug dealers they could bust somewhere????)

Sounds good, I think we were planning a Virginia Beach meet this early summer that would be lovely.

MD montgomery county has those lovely cameras that take photos of exotics flashing by:biggrin:

Not to mention parked cars with cameras in them:eek:

I read in one auto mag the flash dismantler not allowing license plates to be photoed tempted.

66 west towards way out towards Laure Caverns has some nice roads also going towards west virginia up the mountains, and middle Penn.

Well in Massachusetts I discovered a road while going to visit my ex at her college. I live in central mass (Worcester) and she lives in Western Mass (Amherst). The trip usually took me 1 hour and 30 min one way and was nice to do, very relaxing, and it has a nice view along the way since it goes through the valleys/hilly region of Mass.

The trip is off I90. You get off exit 8 from I90 and take a left at the light. That road (route 32) is pretty good towards the afternoon and evening since not many people are driving there during work hours and its full of twisties. This route takes you to Ware.

**Beware once you enter Ware cops are sometimes there trying to catch people speeding, especially after the school zone. They usually hide after the school zone in a blind driveway. I've done the trip over 30 times so I know that is where they usually sit.

Once you're in Ware drive past the McDonald on the left. Vernon st should be after that on the left and that is where you take a left. Then you take another left at the end of Vernon st onto route 9.

**Beware again this is where another cop sometimes just sits on a side street and waits for people that are going up/down (mainly down) the main road that is on a hill. You won't be able to see him till you pass that side street!**

Note: These two cops don't sit very far I estimate its a total distance of like 5 miles apart out of like a 30 mile long trip.

This again is a nice road to drive on has long curves and is very hilly region but not to the point that it's annoying. Also the road doesn't have many cops sitting and waiting between Ware, Belchertown, and Amherst. Although there is a state police station along route 9, I rarely ever see them sitting and waiting. They usually just drive up and down the road along with traffic. Also the quabin reseviour is just off to the right of route 9 between Belchertown and Ware which would be a nice place for sight seeing plus taking pics of group drives :D.

**Beware at Belchertown past the Macdonald's on the left, a cop sits on the left side of the road overlooking traffic light past traffic lights. Hard to spot during the night.**

Continuing on you get to Amherst which has some nice restaurants and shopping plazas. I don't really know much about Amherst excepts its pretty boring place. If you are into the night life UMASS would be fun for you cause they party hard basically every weekend since there is really nothing else to do there.

I can do the drive one of these weekends and post photo's although I really have no reason to go back to Amherst anymore lol.

Last edited:
Back