Gran Tourismo 3 Acura NSX

Ummmm, In GT3, the 97 Acura has a redline of 7500rpms. Is that the redline on the real car? I though it was 8000. All of the other versions of the car (type r, s zero, 93 acura) have the "classic" 8000 redline. If they got this wrong, I'm pissed.

Yep, they got that wrong alright! The software writer for this game is biased toward the Lancer Evo and Skyline GTR. He thinks these 2 cars are what he considers INVINCIBLE, so one can assume that he downplays the NSX quite a bit in his game. Case in point: The NSX-S zero in GT3 is much SLOWER than the real-life U.S. 3.0 liter NSX-T !!! HOw's 0-60mph in 5.35 sec. and 1/4 mile in 14.3 sec. sound to ya? Shouldn't the S-zero be able to hit 4.7 sec. in 0-60mph and 12.9 in the 1/4 mile at the very least? Extremely biased, won't you say, eh? And the GT3 ver. of the NSX tends to push (ie. understeer) too much. The engine note of a REAL NSX is much cooler-sounding than the one in the GT3 game. The sound it makes in the game is extremely sharp and high-pitched (more of a trashy noise of a cheap engine-kinda like the LS1/6 engine
wink.gif
), where as in the real McCoy it has this indescribable melodious honk of an extremely refined engine that makes you say, 'GOddang' !

But don't get me wrong. I think the creator did a great job trying to get it right. At least he included the NSX in the game for all of us to enjoy. If you can just pretend these MAJOR flaws aren't there at all (believe me, it's pretty hard to ignore for guys like us that drives the real thing), you can still have a real blast playing it, because everything else the GT3 creator did with the handling is pretty much right on the $$. Also if you play it enough, you'll noticed the NSX in GT3 feels just as light and somewhat tossable as the real thing. So it's not all bad.
So to hell with it! Just shut up and play the damn game, ya nick-pickin' gamer!
rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

Even so.. I still beat crap outta other cars with the S zero

I haven't even touched my S Zero...but I did get a ton of use out of my heavily modded NSX-R and JGTC ARTA NSX (modded over 1000HP).

biased toward the Lancer Evo and Skyline GTR.

I find GT3's assortment of NSXs the most balanced and easiest cars to drive...and the Skyline GT-Rs seem as twitchy as all get out. I don't know what Bill is saying...I think Yamauchi (GT3's producer) has a definite pref for the S2000 and NSX.

In rally mode, I find the WRX Prototype superior to the Lancer Evo Rally Car (and I've been using the latter to kick a$$). Invincible? I think not.
biggrin.gif

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

[This message has been edited by akira3d (edited 02 August 2002).]

you guys are too damn picky.... lol!

Anyway, I like the NSX (honda and acura)....it has great handling!

Yeah, all of the NSXs I find to be way better than all of the other Japanese cars (stock vs stock). But it would just be nice if they were actually translated "correctly."

On the other hand, for "suped-up" Japanese cars, I find the 3000GT to be the best if you can adjust the suspension and torque distribution just right. It has nearly 1100 hp, and with 4wd it accelerates SO FAST. On the rally tracks I think it looks the coolest.

As far as balance and control goes, the NSX is my favorite car (I've never lost against any of my friends driving "better" cars).

Originally posted by akira3d:
haven't even touched my S Zero...but I did get a ton of use out of my heavily modded NSX-R and JGTC ARTA NSX (modded over 1000HP).

I prefer the S zero because I like the stock look of the NSX over the JGTC mod ones

I've experimented with my theory about the NSX being a faster and better-handling track car than the Z06, provided that both shares the same Pwr./wt. ratio. So I bumped up power-wise a stock S-Zero from 290hp to 359hp with modest exhaust mods and stage 1 NA balancing work done to it, to get it up to the same p/wt. ratio as a stock 405hp Z06. (Actually the stock Z06 STILL has better p/wt ratio than the lightly modded S-zero as I wasn't able to mod the NSX to exact same p/wt ratio without surpassing that of the stock Z06). Everything else, like tires, brakes, weight reduction settings, suspension settings and anything else were left alone. Again I repeat, ONLY the power ratio of a stock S zero was lightly modified to match that of the stock Z06. Then I put both cars through a grueling 3-6 lap runs through Complex String I over the next few days, and my lap times showed that the NSX is at least 2 seconds faster on avg. than the Z06, run for run. I will post my lap times here as soon as I get the chance to look them up.
As far as the Stock NSX vs. Z06, the NSX is still ~2 seconds behind, FYI.

[This message has been edited by Zanardi 50 (edited 04 August 2002).]

Btw, about the bias the gt3 software designer might have toward the GTR and Evo, Akira3d is right (hi there Eric
wink.gif
) I drove all 3 cars in stock trim and I realized the NSX is much better handling-wise than the other 2. My bad.
redface.gif

However, IMHO, the stock NSX's tendency to push more fiercely in GT3 than the real thing still holds true.

Also I ran an Arta JGTC NSX (480ps) through the Complex String I course, just to compare lap times and handling characterisitcs with the C5R Vette (650ps?)for kicks. BOTH without the benefits of TCS/ASM. It turned out that the underpowered Arta is only 2 seconds slower than the C5R on average, but the ARTA is so neutrally balanced/slightly oversteered that it behaved like it had TCS/ASM activated. I could throttle-oversteer through a corner without loss of control. It's so easy driving this machine that it's just a total joke. On the other hand, the C5R was more than a handful! If you're not patient enough to ease the throttle through corner exit, the C5R would get you doing donuts faster than you realize it. Out of 10 laps, I could only get in 1-2 that I didn't at least spin out once. For kicks, I threw in a non-TCS/ASM Oreca Viper for comparison, just to see which one is easier to drive. You won't believe this, but the Viper killed the C5R ! I only had one spin out of 3 laps and posted a 3 sec. faster lap than the C5R. The Viper is so much easier to drive.

Actually, I find that the cars are easier to drive if you turn of ASM (I usually leave the TCS on low to allow for full throtle acceleration) because the cars turn more easily (although, cars with lots and lots of power will probably spin out more if you try to punch it out of a corner). With the NSX, try ASM setting of 0 and TCS of 1 or 2. You can do more "stunt-like" maneuvers with the car. You have more manual control but if you're not skilled, you'll just wind up with slower lap times as your tires try to get ahold of the ground.

Back