GPW on it's way!

Hey Deepak!

I hope you have been driving her. Let's get together soon and have night out with the gals...

Talk to you soon,

Dennis

Huge Congrats!

Wow...you scored a really nice GPW and with some neat history as well. As for the mat I'd hang it on the garage wall if you can.

I think the best part of scoring a NSX like this is knowing you did your "DD - Due Dilegence". :biggrin:

Post up pictures once you get it!

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I just posted a shot of the rear of the car and I noticed what appears to be a lip under the spoiler. Is this an illusion or do the 02+ have a lips that were added on? Kind of looks like a Gurney lip.

This would be news to me :smile:

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I just posted a shot of the rear of the car and I noticed what appears to be a lip under the spoiler. Is this an illusion or do the 02+ have a lips that were added on? Kind of looks like a Gurney lip.

This would be news to me :smile:

It's OEM. BTW the car looks GREAT. Good luck with it and I hope you enjoy it.

Hello all,

I sold my 97' GPW to a great local buyer and just completed the purchase of my soon to arrive 02' GPW with just over 8k miles! Always wanted the newer body style and I am finally getting it. Going on the truck tomorrow in New Jersey and should be in San Diego in 7 to 10 days. Hope she comes in time so I can drive up to Laguna Seca on the 17th. Pretty excited to see her in person. I am posting a couple of pics from the previous owner. I also purchased a nearly new set of HRE's with Pilot sports on them. He told me they rubbed a bit in the front. They are 18's and 19's. Any suggestions on keeping the rubbing down? More photos to follow. Want to thank Achron for passing on this one and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Dennis

NP, glad someone bought this car. I know you'll like it and the previous owner seems pretty stand up, if not very talkative :)

Enjoy the new ride, I am enjoying my new M3 :) ...GTR who? hahaha

Horseless carriage is shipping her out. They picked up yesterday and are going to start the journey out west on Saturday or Sunday. It will take 7 - 10 days from then. It is highly unlikely that I will make it to Laguna Seca :frown: At least I will have time to clean her up and start putting leatherique on the seats and detailing the car. That is a pretty relaxing day for me :smile:QUOTE=osugrad97;1073099]What company is shipping the car?[/QUOTE]

I remember this car was the NYC Auto show car if I'm not mistaken. Where did you get it from? Im in NJ and never knew it even existed?

if this was indeed the car at the ny auto show (i saw a gpw there in 2005?) it was absolutely spotless...i have a few pictures of it if you want to add them to your collection.

I would love to see some more pictures. I would be curious if it is the same car. I purchased the car from a gentleman in Boonton, NJ.

if this was indeed the car at the ny auto show (i saw a gpw there in 2005?) it was absolutely spotless...i have a few pictures of it if you want to add them to your collection.

I would love to see some more pictures. I would be curious if it is the same car. I purchased the car from a gentleman in Boonton, NJ.

from boonton? i spent a good amount of time up there with a friend of mine and never saw one (pretty small town too)...guess the thing never really got driven. good for you i guess.

i just looked through my pictures of the 2005 new york auto show and the car was a GPW which an onyx interior...so sorry to say, it wasn't yours. at least, look at it this way. you won't have my fingerprints and drool over the car!

Found it on Cars.com

That is the only place it was advertised at. A previous poster passed on it and he pointed me in the right direction. I never look at Cars.com and had it not been for that poster (Achron) I never would have found it. Prime to the rescue again!

Ya Dennis, how did you find this one. Cant wait to see it!

Bat™

Found it on Cars.com

That is the only place it was advertised at. A previous poster passed on it and he pointed me in the right direction. I never look at Cars.com and had it not been for that poster (Achron) I never would have found it. Prime to the rescue again!

I considered this car myself. I was just scared to buy something across the country (from a non-prime member). I think it's sweet that it's coming back to the west coast!!!

Cars.com has a few different cars than autotrader...then there's a few other places you can scan around. There's a LBBP in Hawaii Bat...and a few new Imola's that have recently popped up.

I remember a GPW at the Anahiem Auto Show in so cal back in the day. Me and my brother were droolin over it for a good twenty minutes. I remember I took photos with a camera with actual film! I recall it was on a tilted and raised display, so it was very easy to see all the aluminum components. It wasnt' on the floor and it would have prob been tough to do any harm. I'll look for the photos when I get a chance.

This wait is difficult to deal with. I cannot get the car of my mind. Just left New Jersey yesterday and will be in San Diego early next week between Tuesday and Wednesday. Any one else have this gruelling anticipation before?

Congrat's on your new ride, I'm sure it will bring you lots of smiles.

I had seen this car on Cars.com and had it book marked, checked it this am and it says "Sorry, the vehicle you requested was not found. It is possible that the vehicle has been sold or otherwise removed from our database." So that's a good thing :smile:

Sounds like your in the home stretch, hang in there man... good times are coming your way.

And no I've haven't had that "grueling anticipation before" but I'm looking forward to having it someday soon :cool:

TripleL

First let me say you picked a great transport company - Horseless Carriage shipped my Audi s4 back in 2001 from chicago to CA and I've been using them ever since for cross country transports. In fact they will be bringing my new toy from the midwest to CA soon :)

Yes the grueling wait is tough - I had a car shipped from DC to Norcal and I kept thinking about other things to distract me from the car's arrival date...haha

Congrats on a sweet car - not too many GPW owners around so you will see the same names keep popping up!

rk

dennis,

hang in there brother . . . i'm sure the wait is a killer . . . just know your old one is being well cared for . . . i was out for a drive with top off yesterday . . . awesome :) i'm really looking forward to getting together for a drive and taking some pics of the 2 cars together. see you soon :)

take care . . . :smile:

Hey Deepak,

I will get in touch with you when she shows up.. We will get together!

Talk to you soon,

Dennis
dennis,

hang in there brother . . . i'm sure the wait is a killer . . . just know your old one is being well cared for . . . i was out for a drive with top off yesterday . . . awesome :) i'm really looking forward to getting together for a drive and taking some pics of the 2 cars together. see you soon :)

take care . . . :smile:

Back