GPW on it's way!

dxd

Experienced Member
Hello all,

I sold my 97' GPW to a great local buyer and just completed the purchase of my soon to arrive 02' GPW with just over 8k miles! Always wanted the newer body style and I am finally getting it. Going on the truck tomorrow in New Jersey and should be in San Diego in 7 to 10 days. Hope she comes in time so I can drive up to Laguna Seca on the 17th. Pretty excited to see her in person. I am posting a couple of pics from the previous owner. I also purchased a nearly new set of HRE's with Pilot sports on them. He told me they rubbed a bit in the front. They are 18's and 19's. Any suggestions on keeping the rubbing down? More photos to follow. Want to thank Achron for passing on this one and thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Dennis

Attachments

• Woody's NSX 003.jpg
    Woody's NSX 003.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 235
  • Woody's NSX 006.jpg
    Woody's NSX 006.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 223
  • Woody's NSX 007.jpg
    Woody's NSX 007.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Woody's NSX 001.jpg
    Woody's NSX 001.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 194
  • Woody's 058.jpg
    Woody's 058.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 170
  • Woody's 059.jpg
    Woody's 059.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 223
  • Woody's 062.jpg
    Woody's 062.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 145
  • Woody's 063.jpg
    Woody's 063.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 112
  • Woody's NSX 016.jpg
    Woody's NSX 016.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
My 97' sold pretty quick. A ton of inquiries and a low baller here and there that lost their shot at a mint/rare NSX. Buyer is a great guy that lives farily close to Sn Diego. He is going to be one happy owner for some time to come. We are going to try to get together and do a photo shoot with the 97 and the 02. Should be some pretty good photos. Not sure if I have ever seen the original body style with the newer body style back to back in GPW... Will post them when we do the shoot.

geeze! looks immaculate! congrats on your purchase. kind of hard to believe that this car is cleaner than your 97 cause your 97 looked perfect.

1. Where did you find this rare gem? Craigslist?
2. Why not just do a front end / rare end conversion?
3. Did you buy it from another NSX owner?

A previous poster "Archon" was looking at a NFR 05' and the 02' GPW. Ended up getting an M3 instead. I pm'd him and he told me to where to find the listing. It was listed on cars.com a site I never visited before. I purchased from a person in New Jersey. It appears the car was owned by Acura as a show car for about 4 years and then sold in 06 to the "real first owner". Then purchased by the current "former" owner. He is sad to part with the car but being a home builder business is a bit slow right now and the toys must go. I had a PPI done by the local Acura dealer and the tech said it is in "showroom" condition with not a nick on it and the interior is like a new car. I am pretty excited to see it in person. Pretty big purchase without looking but I did a ton of DD prior to purchasing...

Congrats on the fantabulous purchase. Although I do like the GPW color on the nsx, berlina black is still my number one choice. :cool: but yours is noice! you have the springs or coilovers to lower the car once you stick those HREs on?

Last edited:
she is a beaut! congratulations on the purchase. btw what does DD mean?

That car was listed for a helluva price. Good sale. If there wasn't such a economic crunch going on that car would have been in my garage a month ago. Congratulations, love the HRE's.

Lower the car a little bit and it will be perfect =)

rav

Beautiful car! I didn't have the guts to buy something like that from across the country! Give it a good home!
Picking up my "new" one tomorrow night!

Dxd,

congrats

with the history you stated, i think i remember your car. as i recall it was originally from the pacific northwest.(portland???) and was used at a acura training center from 02-06 when it was sold to it's first owner. i will try to find the original thread

Congrats dxd

I, too, remember the story of that car. It's in a thread buried in prime somewhere

Let me know if you can find the thread. I would be curious to read it. From what I was told the car was in the Southwest region of the US and not the Pacific Northwest but I could be wrong. Let me know if you find it.

Thanks,

Dennis

Thanks for the links guys. It looks like mine was 2 car behind this one. My VIN is JH4NA21632T000012

It was sold on 10/19/2006 with 1,161 mile on her. I was told that it was a show vehicle for Acura. I had a thorough PPI done by Acura and everything checked out fine. I hope it was not a guinee pig like this other one. Sometimes you have to have faith in humanity.

Dennis, great to hear that it was not your car!

congrats again on the purchase. gpw nsx's are very nice.

Take care

Tom

I just spoke with the old owner and he told me he "put the matt on the truck". I told him that he should put the matt in the trunk and he responded that it was too big. I did not understand.He then went on to tell me that the matt is about 20' x 15' and that it was used to park the NSX on top of at the Acura shows! I was pretty pumped to hear that. The matt is gray with red "NSX" written in it. It is going to make a nice addition to my garage floor.. I will post pics once it arrives.:smile:

the matt is about 20' x 15' and that it was used to park the NSX on top of at the Acura shows! I was pretty pumped to hear that. The matt is gray with red "NSX" written in it.

NICE!! :eek:

I just spoke with the old owner and he told me he "put the matt on the truck". I told him that he should put the matt in the trunk and he responded that it was too big. I did not understand.He then went on to tell me that the matt is about 20' x 15' and that it was used to park the NSX on top of at the Acura shows! I was pretty pumped to hear that. The matt is gray with red "NSX" written in it. It is going to make a nice addition to my garage floor.. I will post pics once it arrives.:smile:

I don't know that I'd put the mat down, you may find out that someday the history of your car and that mat means something in the collector car market ;)

Congrats! Do you have any plans for the new car - mods etc?

Back