• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Got my NSX, from S2000 to NSX ... wow ...

Yesterday we went to the dealer hoping we could bring the car home, but been Saturday, there's still some paperwork that couldn't be finalized, but we took it for a spin anyways ... as expected it was a blast:
DSC06996.jpg

and here is why i MUST get rid of the S2k lol
DSC06995.jpg

I can't stop smiling
DSC06970.jpg

DSC06984.jpg

DSC06973.jpg

and we got some "company" ... for like 6 miles .. arghhhh
DSC06978.jpg

Our RL, looking at the new brother
DSC07002.jpg

OScar

Last edited:
Wow nice to see prime members who contribute to the forum but have not owned the car,become owners right before our eyes,and are very stoked,and are good at posting pics:biggrin: Happy motoring!

Yesterday we went to the dealer hoping we could bring the car home, but been Saturday, there's still some paperwork that couldn't be finalized, but we took it for a spin anyways ... as expected it was a blast:

and here is why i MUST get rid of the S2k lol
DSC06995.jpg

She would look good behind the wheel of the S2000
Convince her you both need a car toy!

Another satisfied customer.:biggrin:
Congrats on a wonderful find. She looks immaculate.

congrats, i knew it was only a matter of time before you got into one.

i also like how he had the older grey colored solaris wheels rather than the polished ones. i prefer the grey color more.

congrats, i knew it was only a matter of time before you got into one.

i also like how he had the older grey colored solaris wheels rather than the polished ones. i prefer the grey color more.

I'm almost positive those are the 97-01 machined wheels as they look too bright in pic 7 ( above the S2000 ) to be the grey 94-96s.
Mine look just like that.

But to the OP, congrats!

Last edited:
Fun isn't it, I expect you'll be up all night the first night after you get it home.

The NSX has a lot of more "punch" than my S2000 ... it feels more "adult" somehow ... while the S2k is frenetic and MANIAC .... the nsx is nice and smooth, yet powerful .. i did one hard launch just to hear the "concerto" behind me .... i'm still in Love ....

2 people on the car :)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LKpd9EHxVSw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LKpd9EHxVSw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

just me .....
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lK163PQtxj4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lK163PQtxj4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sorry to spam videos and pics ... i can't help I am excited ...
Oscar

Very cool Oscar!!! Thanks :smile:

Be Excited and keep em coming. I know if I was in your position that's what I'd be doing :cool:

Larry

Congrats on finally getting one, and don't sweat getting rid of the S2K. Now that you have an NSX, you'll never drive it anymore anyways. That's what happened to me:wink:Never really even thought twice about it.:biggrin:

I'm still pissed I didn't see you were selling that thing when I was looking for mine. Didn't you sell it for like 18k? :frown:

The NSX has a lot of more "punch" than my S2000 ... it feels more "adult" somehow ... while the S2k is frenetic and MANIAC .... the nsx is nice and smooth, yet powerful .. i did one hard launch just to hear the "concerto" behind me .... i'm still in Love ....

Oscar

You gotta launch that S2000 harder, haha! I usually drop mine around 6 grand or so for a good launch.

And I gotta say, it sounds like the clutch in your NSX slipped on that launch because you weren't aggressive enough. Rev it to like 4500, sidestep the clutch and floor it. You should spin the backs a few times and it should take off.

As for the comparo, I'd say you've pretty much got it bang on. They're about equal in straightline speed, and the NSX feels a lot more "serious". That said, I think the S2000 handles better, is way, way easier to control and I have to say I'm having more fun with it than I was the NSX.

But that's just my opinion... Enjoy the NSX, it's one of the great cars for sure! :biggrin:

You gotta launch that S2000 harder, haha! I usually drop mine around 6 grand or so for a good launch.

And I gotta say, it sounds like the clutch in your NSX slipped on that launch because you weren't aggressive enough. Rev it to like 4500, sidestep the clutch and floor it. You should spin the backs a few times and it should take off.

As for the comparo, I'd say you've pretty much got it bang on. They're about equal in straightline speed, and the NSX feels a lot more "serious". That said, I think the S2000 handles better, is way, way easier to control and I have to say I'm having more fun with it than I was the NSX.

But that's just my opinion... Enjoy the NSX, it's one of the great cars for sure! :biggrin:

i have to disagree with you on that one saying that a s2000 is about = to a nsx in a straight line, not even the ap2 can beat a na1. you come from a few decently quick cars and you know better than that to be fooled by the short gears of the s2k. the nsx esp a na2 would run on a s2k in straight line race.

i don't see how a 14.1 @ 99mph car = to a 13.5 @ 105mph car for the na1
or the 13.2-13.3 @ 108 mph for the na2's.

Last edited:
I'm almost positive those are the 97-01 machined wheels as they look too bright in pic 7 ( above the S2000 ) to be the grey 94-96s.
Mine look just like that.

But to the OP, congrats!

yes you are correct. my mistake.

about the quarter mile times. An ap2 s2000 will run dead even with an na1 nsx. it is a drivers race. (i have an ap2 s2000 (my third) and 2 na2 nsx's currently) i am pretty experienced in this department.

Congrats on your NSX! +1 on this being a pleasant, informative, and *mature* community.

I was lucky enough to find an unmolested 91 also... so unmolested that even the timing belt was long overdue :biggrin:

p.s. I had a GPW AP1 S2K. I don't miss it at all compared to the NSX. Definitely feels like a progression step. I don't think I would enjoy the NSX as much if I didn't have the S2K first.

ENJOY!

about the quarter mile times. An ap2 s2000 will run dead even with an na1 nsx. it is a drivers race. (i have an ap2 s2000 (my third) and 2 na2 nsx's currently) i am pretty experienced in this department.

i should really look into what owners are running in the 1320 with their stock ap2's on s2ki and compare it to the numbers we get here on our stock na1's.

the ap2's that i drove ( and they were mint stock ones ) felt slow but had slightly more tq compared to the ap1 but since they ran on the same gear ratio's they still can't hit 60mph in 2nd gear due to the lower redline if i remember correctly.

but i since i've never ran mine stock at the track nor have i driven the ap2 or ap1 down the drag strip i can't really know for a fact other than just looking at mag times which really is no comparison. but given my seat time, even with the short gears the they felt like it took forever to rev to redline relatively speaking of course.

edit: just saw a few youtube videos of modded ap2 with vafc, headers, intake and a tune they can still can only do 102-103mph in the 1/4 and most stock ones can't hit 100mph consistently unless you can really really drive the car. sounds like a modded ap2 would be a good race for a stock na1. considering how a ap1-2 is a very good match for the pre VQ35HR 350Z's and we would crap all over them stock.

Last edited:
Back