Got my H2 today!

So I picked up a new H2 today, and all I can say is, "What a great toy!"

My fiance and I both love it, we drove the hell out of it today and plan to take it to Lake Tahoe this weekend (of course it will probably take 3 tanks of gas to get there).

I will post some pics soon of it with the NSX as they will both be out in the driveway tomorrow while I clean the garage.

After looking at Range Rovers, Cadillacs, Lincolns, etc., it is clear that this was the best replacement for the Land Cruiser, it looks like a tank, with the comfort and handling that I expected from the Cadillac but didn't get.

Originally posted by Jonathan:
So I picked up a new H2 today, and all I can say is, "What a great toy!"

My fiance and I both love it, we drove the hell out of it today and plan to take it to Lake Tahoe this weekend (of course it will probably take 3 tanks of gas to get there).

I will post some pics soon of it with the NSX as they will both be out in the driveway tomorrow while I clean the garage.

After looking at Range Rovers, Cadillacs, Lincolns, etc., it is clear that this was the best replacement for the Land Cruiser, it looks like a tank, with the comfort and handling that I expected from the Cadillac but didn't get.

NICE TOY....!
I really like the new one a lot.Good luck w/ it (not that you'll need to be carefull,others w/ need to stay out of your way)

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Congratulations Johnathon!

Everytime I see the H2 I gawk at it. I love the looks. Those looks never wear on me and I think I live in a city where there may be more of those H2's than anywhere.

How does it drive compared to the Land Cruiser? Could you give us a small head to head comparison?

Thanks!

Originally posted by zoomnsx:
If you read the last sentence in the bottom of the ad, it won't be fun due to Jonathan's location.

Hey, that hasn't stopped plenty of CA people from installing NSX mods with no CARB exemption... Including forced induction!

Originally posted by Lud:
Hey, that hasn't stopped plenty of CA people from installing NSX mods with no CARB exemption... Including forced induction!
Northern California has recently fallen victim to the lobbying of the folks from Central Valley, blaming us for their excessive smog. Because of this, the smog test procedure will drastically change within a year or 2. Treadmills will be used and visual inspection will be fully enforced. In the past most people were getting away with forced induction because the sniff test was done only at idle and 2500 rpm, which was not enough simulation of daily driving condition. Also, visual inspection of the engine compartment for any signs of modification was not strictly enforced due to lack of training guidelines from CARB.
All this still won't deter me from FI, i'll just remove it prior to smog test, which is NOT THE FUN part I was talking about.

...After looking at Range Rovers, Cadillacs, Lincolns, etc., it is clear that this was the best replacement for the Land Cruiser, it looks like a tank, with the comfort and handling that I expected from the Cadillac but didn't get.[/B]

Congratulations Jonathan. I can certainly appreciate the handling and the looks part. Is the comfort level very high as well?? I actually thought that this would be the one area in which you would lose out to some of the more traditional SUVs. Would like to hear your thoughts on this.

Also, how are prices of H2s these days?? Are dealers selling them close to (or at MSRP) these days, or are prices for H2s, like prices for almost all the other vehicles on the road these days -- new or used -- severely depressed because of the prevailing economic conditions.

Regards.

Wow Lud, that thing is pretty amazing, although for 1/3 the price I think I would rather take my chances dressing up the NSX with some more HP
biggrin.gif

For those interested in more H2 details, let's see how I can sum it up here...

In the two days I have owned it, I have a few pros and cons:

PRO
* I love the seats and the riding position, very nice, also has heated front and rear seats with adjustable temperature. The seats adjust in more ways than I have seen in most any vehicle including side bolster, lumbar, some sort of mid-back in addition to the back and seat positional settings
* I also really dig the multiple key 'fobs' which recognize me as the drive on entry and adjust seat, mirrors, radio, etc., to my tastes and likewise for my fiance, killer feature. Even on our CLK I have to press and hold position '2' to get the seat set where I want, and even then I have to monkey with all the mirrors
* It drives super smooth and the turning radius is amazing (way better than my Land Cruiser), it is also surprisingly quiet
* The sunroof is wicked, it is huge, I really like it
* At 6'5" I don't have to have the seat all the way back to drive, leaving plenty of rear seat room
* Compared to the Escalade and Navigators I recently drove, they can barely compare to the above items

Cons
* Gas Mileage. You pretty much know what you are getting into with a monster SUV, but even still a 32 gallon tank is painful to watch fill, especially lately
smile.gif

* Rear view mirror is not power, which doesn't seem like a big deal until you need to adjust it, and it is about 8 feet away
* There is no 'dead pedal', at least nothing useful, and the e-brake sort of interferes with where I would like me left leg to rest
* The glove box is smaller than I would like, even with a crazy deep console I wish I had a few more storage places, a split storage console like we have in the Benz would be appreciated

Overall, I am truly pleased with the H2. It's plenty peppy on the freeway, and it really is a smooth and comfortable ride, I would rate it better than our CLK in this regard, which is pretty impressive.

I might also add, I really like the shift 'throttle'
biggrin.gif

The dealership was asking for a $5K mark-up, which is ridiculous. I got mine for $53.5K, with the luxury package and sunroof, which I was ok paying. I know many have gone for high $50's to low $60's out here.

So you finally decided to do the H2 - at least you dn't go the (stinkin) Ford route! (Sorry - those two words seem permanently, inexplicably associated for me, regardless of how un-intentional I attempt to be)
cheese.gif

Congrats, looking forward to checking it out.
$64.00 tank-full though - ouch!

Hey Jonathan, with the H2, you're not a BIG DADDY ... you're a <FONT SIZE=+1>HUGE DADDY</FONT>!
biggrin.gif

Your pro/con list is interesting; sending that off to a mate of mine who's a hummer fan.

One more list to the 'cons' after a few days driving.

Took the H2 up to Tahoe this past weekend, and while it did great off road, I realized the pitfalls of a nearly vertical windhield.

A small rock hit the windshield at relatively low velocity, put a small chip in the windshield, and it promptly turned into a 10 inch horizontal crack
mad.gif

At least the dealership said they have had some problems with that and would replace the windshield for me at no cost, which I thought was cool.

Hopefully I don't have to get a new windshield every week though
frown.gif

Where are those pictures? Thanks for listing those pros/cons, I was wondering how it rides compared to the lincoln and cadillac.

I will get pictures this weekend for sure, last weekend I ended up going out of town, and the NSX never made it out of the garage.

I have a lot to do in the garage, so hopefully I can get pictures of the H2, the CLK, and the NSX together, I will spare you pictures of me cleaning out the garage
biggrin.gif

I will put the pictures in the Gallery section since the NSX will be present and it won't have to be 'off topic' anymore
wink.gif

Now that I've seen your H2 pics, I might have seen it before. Were you having lunch in Mountain View during a Friday? I saw the exact same H2 on Valentine's Day in the Sunnyvale Town and Country Village. I was admiring it and peeking inside to check out the interior....nice!!

I noticed it didn't have a license yet. If that wasn't you, then I guess you'll be seeing someone else with the same H2 around soon. That was the first time seeing that color...it's quite rare, isn't it?

------------------
'98 Blue NSX-T

Heh, yes, that was most likely me
smile.gif

Possibly both times, certainly Friday in Mtn. View I had a meeting there, small world.

Sorry Neo, I should post smaller pics on the forum, I was just lazy -

Back