Got my Canon 10D digital SLR today.....

Holy cow is thing a monster. There are so many buttons and options that I think I can control the attack on Irag from this thing. I'm still in the learning mode with this camera, but when I become proficient with it I'm going to shoot some nice action shots of my NSX.

Thanks for the advice Lud to wait until the PMA! The two week wait wasn't as bad I thought it would be.

smile.gif

There are so many buttons and options that I think I can control the attack on Irag from this thing.
--------------------------------------------

That is way too funny,LOL
smile.gif

Congrats on your new toy.

------------------
WWW.MYNSX.COM

Im looking at the same digital slr right now as well and have seen it for 1499.00 ... do you think i should buy it now or wait for a price drop ?

We had a booth at PMA (a great show) and we must have had a dozen people come up to us and rave about the 10D. We're anxious to try it out with our products too.

http://www.kaidan.com/products/360_One-SLR-Bracket.html

Let us know how you like it.

There was also a lot of buzz about the new JVC HDTV camcorder as well.

-Jim

------------------
1992 NSX Red/Blk 5 spd #0330
1991 NSX Blk/Blk Auto #3070 (Sold)
1974 Vette 454 4 spd Wht/Blk
1976 Honda Accord 5 spd, 3 door Blue/Blue
1977 Honda Accord - Custom - Under Construction
2003 MINI Cooper S - On Order - All Black
1986 Chevy Suburban
http://homepage.mac.com/jimanders/PhotoAlbum1.html

[This message has been edited by Jimbo (edited 16 March 2003).]

Jim, my first impressions of the camera is that it is going to take me a very long time to learn all of its functions. I've taken a few meaningless pictures and they've come out great, but I don't want to continue to use it in full idiot mode. I've enrolled in a d-slr course that starts in April, and I also have a three day course in macro photography/photoshop processing the end of April. I figure that by middle of May I'll be producing great photos. BTW, that panoramic stand that you have looks cool. I've always wanted to do to photograpy like that. I may need to add it to my arsenal of equiptment.
smile.gif

Acura-Pilot, if you are going to get a d-slr, this is definitely the camera to get. I went from a Canon AE-1 to a Nikon 950 Coolpix a few years ago and felt that I needed to get back into real photography, not point and shoot like I've been doing. I don't think that the price of the 10D is going to change; it's at a very fair price right now. I also got the 28-135mm IS lens and a 72mm close-up attachment for my dental photography. Also, I had originally ordered the camera through an online store, but I decided to pay a bit more with taxes to get it at a local shop where I'll have good customer support.

-Doc

Back