Got in an accident today

Was sitting at the light waiting to turn, some 19 yr old bimbo in daddys benz runs a redlight, hits a car turning and rams into my driver side door. My whole driver side is beat. When i got out the car and saw the damages all i could do was yell F*ck at the top of my lungs in the middle of the intersection. Man i've only had my car for 5 months. I really hope the insurance company doesnt total it. Its looks to be about 10-15k in damages. Anyway had to rant about it for a bit.

I'm sorry to hear that, I haven't even met you (and your nsx) yet.

I'm glad that you can walk away from that, and seems like your nsx is in driveable/fixable condition. Well, make sure you are ok yourself, sometime bruises don't show up right away in big impact like that.

Take care.

NSXDreamer2 said:
I'm sorry to hear that, I haven't even met you (and your nsx) yet.

I'm glad that you can walk away from that, and seems like your nsx is in driveable/fixable condition. Well, make sure you are ok yourself, sometime bruises don't show up right away in big impact like that.

Take care.

Well im also located in seattle, so if i get my car back we should set up a meet with other seattle owners.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your misfortune but be thankful you were not seriously injured. However you should definitely consult with a personal injury lawyer.

That sucks I was looking Fwd to meeting you at the next get together....have you decided on a body shop?..I would recomend Bellevue Auto Rebuild (B.A.R) they do very good work or in seattle, Foreign Auto Rebuild on eastlake ave....good luck ..JZ

Hello from another Washington State NSXer
Really sorry to hear about your accident.
The good news ... I can hardly imagine your NSX is "totaled".
The bad news ... you will (no doubt) be highly inconvenienced for a while.
So, be prepared for all the hassle.
BTW, where did this accident take place?

Sorry to hear that. Any photo of the car? So how would that girl going to pay you? Get a good paint shop to match the colour perfectly.

Remember that what ever you think the total will be, you better double it! The NSX is much more costly to repair than you think, unless you use aftermarket parts, and self labor. My friend backed his 91 into a tire wall at the track, and it hit the bumper, rear tire, and rear fender, and it ended up being $30k to fix, thus totaled.

RP-Motorsports said:
Remember that what ever you think the total will be, you better double it! The NSX is much more costly to repair than you think, unless you use aftermarket parts, and self labor. My friend backed his 91 into a tire wall at the track, and it hit the bumper, rear tire, and rear fender, and it ended up being $30k to fix, thus totaled.

he must have "backed into" the wall at high speed to cause that much damage...if it was a bent up fender and some suspension parts it could not cost 30k..

zahntech said:
That sucks I was looking Fwd to meeting you at the next get together....have you decided on a body shop?..I would recomend Bellevue Auto Rebuild (B.A.R) they do very good work or in seattle, Foreign Auto Rebuild on eastlake ave....good luck ..JZ

Hmm i'll look into those places, i was planning on taking it to salentino's in tacoma. They do awesome work. But maybe i'll check those places out since there a little closer to home.

Jin1976 said:
Sorry to hear that. Any photo of the car? So how would that girl going to pay you? Get a good paint shop to match the colour perfectly.

Im going to look at the car today with the adjustor so i'll take some pics then. Hopefully her insurance will cover everything.

zahntech said:
he must have "backed into" the wall at high speed to cause that much damage...if it was a bent up fender and some suspension parts it could not cost 30k..

Take a look at the pics, doesn't look like $30k+ in damage now does it!

The rear 1/4 was removed by the owner, it actually looked in better shape than the pics. I would have guessed $15k, or 1/2 of what the estimate was up to.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61687

RP-Motorsports said:
Take a look at the pics, doesn't look like $30k+ in damage now does it!

The rear 1/4 was removed by the owner, it actually looked in better shape than the pics. I would have guessed $15k, or 1/2 of what the estimate was up to.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61687

the Unibody frame is bent you can see it very easily in those pics..that is major damage...looks real bad to me ...and yes NSXs cost more to fix than other hondas

Last edited:
Kp_VtekNiks said:
Was sitting at the light waiting to turn, some 19 yr old bimbo in daddys benz runs a redlight, hits a car turning and rams into my driver side door. My whole driver side is beat. When i got out the car and saw the damages all i could do was yell F*ck at the top of my lungs in the middle of the intersection. Man i've only had my car for 5 months. I really hope the insurance company doesnt total it. Its looks to be about 10-15k in damages. Anyway had to rant about it for a bit.

Sorry to hear about your accident. What did the girl say after the wreck?? Was she at lease remorseful??

zahntech said:

Yeah, Bellevue Auto Rebuild is really good. Glad to hear you're ok.

If the car is not totalled, don't forget to claim diminished resale value resulting from having been in an accident. This is on top of the cost to repair and rental while the car is down. I do not know the laws in your jurisdiction but it is compensable in Arizona.

iroar said:
If the car is not totalled, don't forget to claim diminished resale value resulting from having been in an accident. This is on top of the cost to repair and rental while the car is down. I do not know the laws in your jurisdiction but it is compensable in Arizona.

Hmm didnt even know i could do that, i'll have to find out about that.

Meeyatch1 said:
Sorry to hear about your accident. What did the girl say after the wreck?? Was she at lease remorseful??

Well she was russian and her english wasnt too great, but the cops and paramedics took me to the hospital before i could talk to anyone so i dont know how remorseful she was, but the emt's were pretty down, most of them knew what the car was and i could see the sadness in their face lol. I'll have pics up later tonite there getting developed right now and i will have them uploaded. Thanks everyone for the kind words

Last edited:
i have a great attorney here in Los Angeles if your neck and back still hurt BADLY :wink: :biggrin: . let me know. he can get yu some $$$$$. PM/email me back.

[email protected]

Danny RED SR 71

Last edited:
Here are the pics. The benz is what caused the accident. It didnt hit me but hit another car that got pushed into me. Sorry about the pic of a pic, my scanner isnt working.

DSCF0001.JPG

DSCF0002.JPG

DSCF0003.JPG

DSCF0004.JPG

DSCF0005.JPG

DSCF0006.JPG

DSCF0007.JPG

Last edited:
I dunno if the car looks totaled, still looks like a pain to fix. If it is and you buy it back for parts let me know if you are selling the rims.

Back