Got bored and made my own driving light

I couldn't sleep so I decided to run down stair and pop the lights off and went to work.
Also, I just enjoy doing lights work. However, I have no knowledge on how LED work, resistor, OHM, watts and all that work. I just know how to do it. If you ask me what resistors I used, I wouldn't be able to tell you because I don't know. lol.
Anywho, here is one side done.
1q6ck1.jpg

to give you an idea of how bright it is: The room is about 90% dark
wlpzkx.jpg

avoju8.jpg

This photo is in the restroom where it's pitch black.
2djwebq.jpg

For now I'll be testing it with one strip and see if the original signal lights can be seen pass these. If not, I'll cover the the whole with LEDs and it will become both driving and signal lights.

This is just a test. I personally don't like the LED light to be seen. When I get more LEDs in, ill make it to be like how the red is in this photo:
2n6gt1l.jpg

BTW- this cost me less than 10 bucks in materials ;)

Last edited:
lol. I do get bored a lot Z. The problem is it's hard for me to get my lazy ass off the couch and actually do something with it. I'm still trying to fix my window and mirrors issue. I figured out what the problem is, but not ready to tackle it yet. Tomorrow will be my nsx and F-250 day lol.

I just barely finished the second one.
5159uh.jpg
will be going on the car tomorrow. These lights will be on only at night, but I will snap a photo with it on during the day time and see how it look.

Back