Going to look at this Sunday '93 NSX Black/Black JH4NA1157PT000524

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99326

Hello all, brand new to this forum, and have never owned a NSX.

Have studied this site for a while doing 'research.'

Any NSX specific tips on what to look for/listen too/check out on a '93 NSX with 113,000 plus miles on the vehicle?

The 90k service is done with the TB/WP done.

I have seen the carfax and two 'issues' have been explained by the current owner who has documents to back it up that I will see 1/27/08 when I view the NSX. So far the current private party owner seems honest and upfront.

Cash is not a real limiting issue, and I will have plenty left in the checking account after the possible purchase. (I prefer to have a non targa top no matter what the vehicle is).

For a 'hobby' I am a 11+ yr motorcycle grand prix roadracer (Mainly Ducati's as of late) who knows their way around a wrench pretty well.

Little pic of me racing attch'ed.

Thanks for any helpful info on this '93 NSX.

Attachments

• DSC_0308.jpg
    DSC_0308.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 36
That looks like an exceptional car especially for the miles. Its always a huge plus when the previous owner has service records, however if you like the car it is a good idea to have a PrePurchaseInspection to confirm that all the minor nickle and dime stuff is good to go so you can spend all your extra money on mods:biggrin:

Oh and Ducati's rock! Just sold my 916 to a mate who has bugged me for ages about buying it from me now I'm waiting for the new KTM Sportbike...mmm ;)

I would inquire to see when the last valve adjustment was done.

I would also determine if the original dampers are still on the car. They tend to go right around that age/mileage.

Other things to check for:

1. Is the spare tire and all the parts associated in the spare bay?
2. Is the motorized jack and toolkit still around (underneath rear trunk carpet).
3. Check for other mods that may not be visible to the untrained eye.

If you are serious about this car, I would ask a local NSXprime cohort to come join you. A current owner can see things that you may not, and will give you an unbiased opinion.

Back