• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ghost: any encounters?

I've been to some haunted houses before and I've seen a ghost before too. My first experience was when i was in junior high school and i went to my friends house before soccer practice. we were playing video games on the couch. my cousin also has a pitbull, so he started to bark and ran across the floor to the kitchen, the kitchen is to the left of us. the dog runs to the basement door, which is right next to the front door. we turn and look and we saw a black hand sticking out from the basement door. when the dog ran to towards it, it drew its hand back into the basement door. the dog ran after it into the basement and we pursue after it. the dog was barking histerically underneath the steps towards a wall. we try to pull the dog back but it kept barking at the wall underneath the steps. the thing was that the basement door is always locked and closed. the ghost opened the door and tried to come upstairs but the dog and us saw it. it was some scary shit, i never sleep there anymore bc its fucking scary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0c2Z4H3C1Q
scariest ghost encounter ive ever seen.

Damn why the ghost gotta have a black hand?? LOL I've never heard anyone say they saw a "black" ghost before... ROFLMAO

it was a very dark shadow, i saw the hand and the arm length stretching out from the door. it was spooky very spooky. im so facinated by ghost yet i get scared when im alone. If you ever played the Fatal Frame series from Tecmo, those series is scary. i never play that game alone. and after i watch to many vids, i get scared.

Please don't take it the wrong way I'd just never heard that before. I've never seen a ghost ( black or otherwise LOL ) ,but a ghost ( not a demon ) is basically a spirit from a human supposedly right? All things being equal your a spirit as well ,but would be stronger as your spirit is where it's supposed to be.

im so facinated by ghost yet i get scared when im alone. If you ever played the Fatal Frame series from Tecmo, those series is scary. i never play that game alone. and after i watch to many vids, i get scared.

Have you ever seen the show "Ghost Hunters" on the Sci-Fi channel. I honestly don't like the show for the most part because the first half of the show, the workers are just talking and I kinda don't care for the attitude or New Jersey accent Lol. The end however is when they actually start to investigate things, and all kinds of strange phenomena happens at times. Not always, that's why the show is boring. They will investigate an entire building and find absolutely nothing. Makes for a boring show; however, I guess it adds to the legitimacy of the show.

The best was in this haunted light house. I saw on film a "Black" ghost:rolleyes: or shadow that moved at incredible speeds. The placed a camera at the bottom of the lighthouse inside. From that angle, you see the spiraling staircase making it's way along the inside of the tower, watching the ghost hunters as they made their way to the top.

Later in the show, they showed that the camera captured a dark ghost or shadow that moved from one staircase, then at lightening speeds, moved to one above. The best shot, shows the shadow leaning over and looking down at the camera. I gotta admit, that was intense.

Tell me more about this game Fatal Frame?? What system is it available on? The scariest game I ever played was Silent Hill.

Fatal Frame Series: there are 3 games so far, Fatal Frame II is the scariest, nonetheless they are all scary. its for sony playstation 2. this game is freaking scary man. trust me on that. dont play it alone at night with all the lights out.
images from fatal frame II
amgrawokfz.jpg

fatal_frame_2_Screen_03.jpg

mayu1410244ou.jpg

thumb-fatalFrame2_5-774495.jpg

ff2-750249.jpg

fatal_frame_3_ghostbust.jpg

your warned. this game is f scary. the basic of the story is about ghost and the way to kill these ghost is only to take pictures of them and capturing them inside a picture, its like capturing their soul. this game is really really scary. this game gave me nightmares man for real! i highly recommend this game though. its genre of horror beats resident evil and silent hill.

I dont know about games, but i do believe in some of the ghost storys i hear about or see on Tv, but i wonder how much of this is real and how much is just BS so you keep watching.:rolleyes:

We had one living in the closet of an apartment we lived in years ago. Turns out it actually lived in the old dresser we had in the closet (dresser belongs to my wife - it's from the 50s/60s and was handed down to her in the 80s from an aunt who passed away shortly thereafter).

It was a good ghost. Once we discovered it (by the strange things it would do to get our attention), lots of good things started happening for us. We now keep that old dresser in the garage (keep my car wash supplies in it) and will probably never get rid of it.

you have to experience it first hand to be a believer. in my culture we believe in such things. i never believe in it too until that incident at my cousins house.

I'd be likely to say I've never actually seen a ghost, HOWEVER: The Two strangest things I've ever seen in my current home are hand prints in the carpet of the stairs as though someone crawled down by hand on the stairs e.g. "The Grudge".

Also, driving up to my house, you can look in a front window to see what is an indoor balcony (don't get me wrong my home is just a small corner townhouse). The balcony looks over the first floor area just before the front door and front hallway. Anyway, I glanced up at the window at the balcony. The lights were left on and I saw a figure walk across the balcony.

My first instincts as a cop is "Intruder". However the figure looked feminine. Not too many female burglars around you know. Then of course, after checking the the house and not finding anyone, that lead me to believe I was just seeing things or I saw a ghost.

The video you posted seemed very fake to me. Not scary either. Ghosts dont talk. Atleast thats my believe. I do believe in them though. Heres my story. Believe what you want it takes an encounter to believe.

So growing up I knew this family the walsh's. Fairly odd family. They lived in a large very old colonial type house that sat across the street from a park in the town I grew up in. They lived there for a little over a year. While they were there me and there two sons were really good friends. Although they started changing rapidly. I never thought about it then but they started becoming goth and really anti social. What was really odd was there parents were never around. I think I met them twice. Even though I was over there all the time. They were always gone.
Well one night we had a large sleep over party for one of there birthdays. (the second time I met there parents) That night was one of the scariest nights of my life. They had a living room where you could look through the dinning room and into the kitchen. I was tired and up watching tv and most everyone was asleep. I felt like someone was watching me. I hate that feeling. I looked around and noticed something moving out of the corner of my eye. As I turned to look at it. It froze. It looked like a shadow of a person but it just stayed there so I thought that my mind was playing tricks on me. The more I looked at it the more it looked so shaply that it was odd. I wanted to know who was up. I sat up off the sofa and instantly it glided. across the kitchen floor into the porch room. I was freaked the hell out. I woke up my friend and he started laughing when I told him. He replied dont worry its normal. We turned on the lights and walked to the porch. There was noone and there was no door it was just glass room with lots of plants. No way for someone to get out.

About a month later the family moved. Me and all my friends lost contact with them and never heard from them again. I had to be about 12 then. From then untill the time I graduated high school there had been about 3-4 other familys to move into that house all being from out of the area. Noone stayed more than a month. The house has been vacant for atleast 5 years now.

another story, my older brother a long time ago was driving home from work around 1-2 am. he saw a lady in white, all alone at night walking by the sidewalk. he stop and asked her if she wanted a ride. she said yes, so he gave her a ride. he told me he was like gonna score or something like that..LOL. anyways when he asked where to, she pointed foward. then when he looked foward, he turned and asked her for her name. then she dissapeared. then my bro said he went 70mph on a 25mph straight home! later after some research and a walk to the police station, we found out that a lady was raped and killed at the park that was near the place my brother picked her up.

heres another one, real story, if you ask the manitowoc police station, they will tell you you its real. anyways here it goes, if you live in manitowoc, where i live, if you drive on highway 151 west late at night and you speed, sometimes a police officer will pull you over and write you a ticket. now here is the freaky thing, that officer died a long time ago on 151 in a car accident. if you take the ticket to the station, they say that the officer died long time ago.

another story, my older brother a long time ago was driving home from work around 1-2 am. he saw a lady in white, all alone at night walking by the sidewalk. he stop and asked her if she wanted a ride. she said yes, so he gave her a ride. he told me he was like gonna score or something like that..LOL. anyways when he asked where to, she pointed foward. then when he looked foward, he turned and asked her for her name. then she dissapeared. then my bro said he went 70mph on a 25mph straight home! later after some research and a walk to the police station, we found out that a lady was raped and killed at the park that was near the place my brother picked her up.

heres another one, real story, if you ask the manitowoc police station, they will tell you you its real. anyways here it goes, if you live in manitowoc, where i live, if you drive on highway 151 west late at night and you speed, sometimes a police officer will pull you over and write you a ticket. now here is the freaky thing, that officer died a long time ago on 151 in a car accident. if you take the ticket to the station, they say that the officer died long time ago.

Whoa!!! No way!! I believe the 1st story but the second one!! He actually gives you a "ghost" ticket??

Hey, I'm gonna head to the gym now and swing by the video game store to ask for "Fatal Frame", LMAO..I'll add it to the collection of video games I buy, but never have time to play. Hell, I still got Final Fantasy 11 or was it 12, sitting in the cabinet:biggrin:

Personal encounters two times. First was when I was a kid visiting my granparents. Saw someone at the top of a small spiky tree. I was frozen on spot and my dad have to carry me upstairs. I never tell it to my parents.

Second encounter was when I was driving home in my NSX around 1 am. I was feeling very sleepy while driving across a stretch of road where accidents are prone to happen. I lowered down the window and begin to sing. There was a light poke on my back. I was thinking maybe it was my imagination so I continue singing. Then there was another poke on my back. Only this time it pushes my body forward to the steering wheel. I got the message and stop singing. Maybe my voice irritated the ghost.:biggrin:

My brother had an encounter with a female vampire (pontianak) right in our house. She was going upstairs and then vanished. The next day my mom went into everyroom in the house and put charms for protection. She said someone left something (ghost) to hurt our family. Crazy eh?

I was driving the NSX the other night at about 4:00 am. I was really tired but I noticed what I thought was this lady in a white gown who was trying to flag me down. I pulled over to see if I could assist her. It was then I realized it was Casper the Ghost.:eek: :eek:

I couldn't get out of there fast enough.:biggrin:

It's still difficult for me to get to sleep. The nightmares keep coming back...:rolleyes:

I collect haunted items, top prices paid;-)

I would definately recommend "Fatal Frame 2" as the horror game to play. You just gotta play it and see for yourself!

My brother encountered one ghost at his own apartment. He feel asleep after watching tv. As soon as he woke up, a Darth Maul with white skin, not red skin, but white skin and no eyes was staring right at him. The thing disappeared after he blinked his eyes. Don't know if it was really a demon, but just picturing a ghost like that is freaky.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/deoJUBW9CI8&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/deoJUBW9CI8&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ghosts? UFO's? President Hillary Clinton?

No, No and No!

And even if I saw a ghost, I wouldn't believe it! I drink and I don't believe anything when I'm drunk. I've chased Garfield in my basement drunk before! So are you gonna believe me when I tell you that Garfield was real, not just a cartoon cat? He was right there and I chased him!

If you look at these "encounters", for some reason it always happens at night, to younger people, who are usually drunk or high at night!

- "Dude, I saw a ghost last night!!"
- "Really?? Did you know that you also drank a bottle of Cuervo and made out with your sister last night as well?"

There are a lot of people who believe in this stuff and that is the reason why they have shows like Ghost Hunters and such. Ratings!! Those shows are completely illegitimate. If there really was a ghost on tape, proven to be real, do you think it wouldn't be on the news and not on a channell like Sci-Fi, home of the cheesiest sci-fi movies and straight to TV sequels, like "Lake Placid 2"?

Think about it, they try to communicate with these "ghosts" in every episode, right? They say stuff like "come out" and "why are you here''? So, if you can communicate with ghosts than you have to assume that those ghosts have some sort of conscience and ability to comprehend things, right? So why would a ghost show up anywhere when some drunk redneck is in the room, but won't ever come out if there is an "expert" on site with cameras and stuff? If I was a ghost I'd be all over TV and telling my mom that my new ghost form makes me immune to cigarettes and I can never get cancer again, just so she gets a piece of mind! So WTF? In all the ghost "encounters" reported over the centuries, how come not one of them actually sat down and talked to a ghost? Are ghosts all shy or something?

Your mind is far more advanced and mysterious than science will ever be able to explain, so it is quite able to play some very neat tricks on you. And ghosts are just that! And maybe it can happen to a group of people! I had a wierd dream once that I've recited to my mom in the morning, and she almost fell down in shock saying it was the exact same dream my brother told her he had on that same night! Some shit is just best left unexplained!

That is quite popular through out WI.
What nationality are you, btw?
I know quite few who's had their shares through
old bloody 29, 10... so on and so on.

ps: The ticket deal has happen before, often actually. A city bus route was rescheduled because night shift bus drivers passing by the cemetery would
encounter that all the time.
It's a big world out there. Let's keep an open mind.

thanks, trust me that ticket stuff is scary, ive never encountered but heard from many different ppl. it was also in our daily newspaper sometimes ago. ok, how about this one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=p__mXVbBZTU
a police officer chases down a ghost car. MUST WATCH!!

Last year at the NSXCA "Bring in the New Year 2007" event at the Queen Mary we closed down the stern bar with fellow NSX'rs Mario (mcano) and Sally and we proceeded afterwards to explore the ship for ghosts.

We went several decks below and saw many plaques on the wall that were documenting the ghost encounter that was reported at that location. We found the pool area and ran into some other ghost hunters there. Stories of the Queen Mary being called into duty as a red cross ship transporting wounded troops were told along with reported deaths of people in the pool area and engine room. I felt the hair on the back of my neck starting to raise!

It was getting pitch black dark and we were using our cell phones as flashlights to navigate winding corridors and empty rooms. I was surprised that these areas of the ship were even open to the public. We never saw any staff or security down there!

The further down we went the spookier it got. We never found any ghosts, but I got goose bumps a couple of times with the anticipation. It was pretty fun. I think we finally gave up around 4am.

Highly Recommended!!!

I had an encounter once. Can't say it was a ghost but it was something for sure.

When I was really young, I had my grandmother on my father's side live and take care of my sister and I. (from age 3-15). She loved us very much and when she got older. She developed alzheimer's disease and with my parents working and my sister and I going to school. We couldn't care for her anymore.

So she was placed into a home and they cared for there. All was well until I turned 19. She had taken a fall and she was no longer eating and her time was coming to an end. I was working out of town and both my parents said 'come home asap because your grandmother is going to pass anytime now'.

I came back to the city in about 2 days and promptly visited me grandmother with my father and my sister.

When I enter the room. My grandmother was laying on a bed facing us with her mouth open and eyes opened. She couldn't remember me or my sister but was able to speak.

Everything seems normal but here is where it gets eerie. The room had that real sterile smell to it just like in the hospitals. No biggie here. After a few minutes in the room I began to smell this horrible odor. Hard to describe but very strong and over powering to the point I wanted to 'puke'. Trying to show respect and instead of leaving the room. I walked behind my grandmother. All was okay for a few seconds than the odor encompassed me again. I couldn't believe it. Spend a few more minutes there and then we left.

Go home that night and go to sleep. During the middle of the night I woke up in my room. I will admit I was not completely side awake more of 'groggy' state. I smelt that same odor in my room!!!! I was alert enough to ask myself 'what is this odor? Is it me? Is it my clothes?". I quicky fall back asleep.

When I awoke in the morning both my parents were in the living and my mother told me that my grandmother passed early in the morning.

I said to them 'I know'. They asked how I knew. I told them about the odor I smelt. That is when both my parents quickly became interested in what odor I smelt. I tried to describe it to them.

My father, my sister and myself all smelt that 'strange and over powering' odor. However, my mother could not in all the times she visited my grandmother.

Only explaination is that my sister, my father and myself are all genetically linked to my grandmother where my mother is not.

My grandmother came to say goodbye to me that night. I firmly believe it.

This is a 100% true story, I did't believe in something after life or something greater at work here until this happened to me some 13 years ago. I still think about it today with prefect clarity.

sorry for the long post..

I know the odor you speak of well.
Take care.

note: I honestly feel the media and news will never really fully
get/catch the true essence of a FRIGHTENING ghostly experiences.
It is totally a far off stretch of comparison to
the actual real life encounters.
I will leave it at that :wink:

" A prayer of any kind helps "

Back