Getting Ready to buy...

Hey everyone... well, after several weeks of perusing the threads and listening to your input, I decided to register and ask a few questions myself.

I'm a newbie looking to purchase my first NSX... for financial reasons I'm looking at the used market. I found a dealer in Portland, Oregon (http://www.nwicars.com/sport.htm will take you to the page with the NSX's) with a 2001, 1998 and 1995 NSX-T. It's the '95 that has struck my fancy... they have it listed at $42,995 with 56,697 miles. What really strikes me is it’s not the typical Red, Black or Yellow... can anyone tell me is Green Pearl an option, or is this aftermarket? I really like it, how do you feel about it? The other question I have is when I did the autocheck on this car, it reported back as having failed the emissions test several times, should this strike me as a concern or could it possibly be due to some modification in the exhaust?

Thanks for any comments!

Here are my comments, if your planning to spend low to high 40's, I would get a 97 nsx versus a pre 97. You get a six-speed 290 horsepower vs. 5-speed 270. Ofcourse this all preference but I'd rather get more horsepower for just a tad more than what the 95 is selling for. Check the for sale section for 97+'s. Good luck in your search.

I have to agree with Ennesssex, if you are going to buy, you are probably best served to target the '97 plus model just for the resale value alone.

I watch the sales board pretty regularly, the '97 and newer models seem to move much quicker.

If that is not a concern, or if you do not want to commit to that much money, then you just can't go wrong with a clean, low mileage NSX of any year, just be careful to have a pre-purchase inspection by an Acura dealership regardless of what car you find to Identify any issues that might present. I would be less that confident if the car were inspected by anyone else - period.

Good luck-these cars are just a ball to own and drive - I still get a kick out of just seeing mine parked in the garage when I walk out there. The real fun begins when you turn the key though!

Oh - I do like the Brooklands Green - it is a rare color (IMHO).

hlweyl said:
The 95' for $42 is priced too high IMO.

Agreed, especially with 56K miles. Too much $$.

It looks like the seats have been re-upholstered, which is a good thing, but that aftermarket stereo install looks cheap IMHO.

If you look at the picture of the front of the car you can clearly see that the nose has been repainted. This is typical for a car with this many miles, due to rock chips etc., but as you can see in the picture they did a really crappy job matching the paint. The hood looks really sun faded now compared to the bumper.

Personally I wouldn't give them $33k for that NSX.

Do some more research, be patient, and keep looking. :cool:

Thanks for the feedback guys... I'm glad everyone seems to agree that the price is too high... I figured some tactical negotiating would need to be implored (which is why I'm trying to learn as much as possible). It looks like there are a lot of members from the California area... Anyone here in the Portland-Seattle Area that could point me to other local sales?

Thanks again!

Back