Get me off that mountain !!!

isellpower said:
Cars with 25-50K miles were in the high 30's.
No, they're not. Sure, there may be some owners asking prices that are out of line with the market. But there's no need to pay such prices.

On a '91-94, you're looking at ~$25-28K for a decent car with 100K miles, and $31-34K for a decent car with 25K miles. That's a difference of $5-6K, not $10K.

Hey Knucklehead-

If you are set on driving the car, think about waiting until the middle of next week. I just looked at an updated long range forecast and the entire mid-atlantic including PA should be getting some rain Sun, Mon and Tuesday. Once the roads dry out, at least some of the road grime should be washed away. In addition, you probably won't to buy snow tires.

WhhOOOOOAAAA!!!! ..Its high mileage ..and I checked AAA and weather .com and all of the roads are clear! I will be taking off in the day time hoping to be out of PA by sun down...NO snow tires, no chains ..just me, my brass balls and NINA (That's my cars name..::school girl giggle::.....)

....Provided the vehicle mechanically checks out ((Spock eye brow))...
carfax is clear..

Oh and having a NSX and not driving it because of mileage is like having Tira Banks and Carmen Elecktra as wives in Utah and not putting the BUSINESS to them cause you want to cuddle and enjoy them for the beautiful people they are. oh they are beautiful.....
That’s...
why...
they..
are..
going to...........uh um...sorry (getting down of desk)

That’s why we should drive our cars with the spirit that the designing engineers had envisioned.

Knukle Head said:
WhhOOOOOAAAA!!!! ..Its high mileage ..and I checked AAA and weather .com and all of the roads are clear! I will be taking off in the day time hoping to be out of PA by sun down...NO snow tires, no chains ..just me, my brass balls and NINA (That's my cars name..::school girl giggle::.....)

Hi

Remember to take a lot of photos. I did when I got mine

Enjoy and have a safe and fun trip

Still 3 months until I can take my NSX out of hibernation.

Regards

Martin....looking through that photo log makes me want some of the factory fog lights. You have any extras lying around?? :D

Meeyatch1 said:
Martin....looking through that photo log makes me want some of the factory fog lights. You have any extras lying around?? :D

Hi

No sorry. I think that SOS has them if you want them. The law here prohibits me in using them at night and with my other lights. That is sad because it looks real cool with four lights in the front.

I will buy HID's and maybe also convert the fog lights to HID when I can find the money.

Regards

nsxtasy said:
No, they're not. Sure, there may be some owners asking prices that are out of line with the market. But there's no need to pay such prices.

On a '91-94, you're looking at ~$25-28K for a decent car with 100K miles, and $31-34K for a decent car with 25K miles. That's a difference of $5-6K, not $10K.

All you have to do is look at the cars for sale on this site. There is a 95 with 25K that sold for near 40K. A 93 with 60K for 35K.

Where exactly are these guys selling 94's with 25K, without salvage, for 31K?
Sure, you may be able to find some rough ones for the low 30's, but when I was looking just a few months ago I made serious offers of 34-35K for 94's and 95's and was turned down. These were all pristine cars with no stories. I was a bit surprised when I bought my current NSX for the price I did. Yeah the NSX is a great car, but I don't care how well taken care of the car was, I could always tell the difference between the lower and higher mileage cars. The 10K price difference was cheap for the difference in cars.

I am off the MOUNTAIN!!!!!! the snow was gone and the four hour drive was nothing short of automotive nervanna.. Oh my .... ooooh my that car is such an out standing performer... Now I have to admit that the car needed my help she it a little neglected but she is in the right hands now and she is going to get all of the TLC that can be poured into a car.
Ok .. here is my first call for help I need
1 the climate control unit.
2 the back tail light covers mine are too worn
3 Auto antena
4 gas struts for back glass
5 why does the driver side speaker not work?
6 back bumper

thats the entire list...... trust me... even with these items broken, I got a great deal!!!
Checking the market now....

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
reminds me of when I bought my NSX. I flew to VA to buy mine and it was snowing so bad my first flight was cancelled, lucikly i found another flight and drove it home from VA to NJ. Best ride of my life, although going over 40 wasnt in too smart. :biggrin:

I did the same thing about two weekends ago and flew to Indiana to pick up my car (right before our Nor-Easter snow storm) and drove it back to NYC. It was one of the best 10 hour driving trips I ever took in my life. BTW, mapquest said it would take 12 hours. :wink:

Knukle Head, I had the same problems with my new purchase as well. I need new struts for my rear window and trunk. Haven't done it yet. Anyone have any suggestions other than purchasing from the dealer?

My antenna prob will be solved by replacing it with the S2000 antenna conversion. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40570
Congrats on your new purchase! :biggrin:

#1 - here's a post that might help - http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43449 otherwise there's a guy on Prime (Brian K?) on Prime who rebuilds them
#4 - two options - if you're an NSXCA member, you can get good discounts on new; second option is to send them to Frank Irvine in Vancouver BC for rebuild (search on 'struts' in Vendor forum .. lots of hits)
#5 - each speaker has an amp and the amp has gone .. probably the capacitors on the circuit board, not the amp chip itself. There are people on eBay who rebuild them for about $80 .. although some on Prime have done it themselves with soldering experience

Back