• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

GB: HCA reworked radio bezel!

The initial details can be found here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97828

Overview:

HCA reworked radio bezel with your choice of DIN configuration. The upper vent trim and ashtray get color matched to the original color. Your bezel/ashtray/upper vent gets sent in to be modded. Our bezel is to be used with the SoS radio mount found here: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97665 (or you may use any custom bracket you wish.)

The Process:

Once receiving your bezel, we mold in your DIN choice and eliminate the imperfections commonly found on the factory metal finish. The upper vent trim and ashtray cover get color matched to the bezel. We use our special combo of SEM paint for refinishing (as seen in the pic above). Additional paint choices are available and extra.

The Cost:

After reviewing current shipping rates, we have decided to raise the price slightly, to $325. This includes Paypal fees and return shipping/insurance. You are responsible for shipping the parts to us. Please insure your package for $500.

Options:

We can build you anything you want. If there is something specific you are looking for, please contact us.

Timeframe:

Upon receiving your bezel, it will take up to 5 days before its packaged and shipped back to you. Our SEM combo looks excellent when there is ample drying time. We will not rush the fabrication or paint curing.

Payments:

We setup a Google Checkout account 2 days ago. I believe it will be active tomorrow. As for now, we are taking Paypal. At least 5 need to be paid in full to begin the process for that group. (You may also send a cashiers/personal check along with your bezel. Please make it out to Highline Car Audio if you do)

Shipping and Paypal:

Package your bezel, ashtray cover, and upper vent piece as best as possible. We are not responsible for damages upon arrival due to inadequate packaging.

Ship the package, with insurance to:

Highline Car Audio
8095 O'Neida Street Unit #3
Commerce City CO 80022

Paypal: [email protected]
(Google Checkout is the same address)

The List:

Round 1 - FILLED!
1. CiaoBoy (need a double-DIN center console matching OEM color; already have the SOS mount on order)
2. DrVolkl - SD paid
3. R1uptempo (D. Din)
4. gp1565 (double-DIN)
5. Frank Spano - SD

Round 2
1. kdirty130 - repair modded DD bezel.

We are ready! Please contact us if there is any questions.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Last edited:
So basically we send you paypal and start shipping stuff to you? You may want to PM everyone to make sure they see this.

I can paypal you almost immediately, but it may take a day or two for me to find time to get my car apart. (if lucky, I'll do it tonight). Just making sure that's ok.

Edit: Ok, took the dash and vents out a few minutes ago...just need to find a box that will fit this awkward thing. I left my SOS CF carbon plate in place so you could see where my stereo is mounted. I'm hoping you can match this outlet...if not, oh well, I'll just have to figure some stuff out.

I'll try and ship it out by Friday. (Pay ya tonight)

/subscribe

BTW- (others sending in their consoles) here's the link to AutoVation's aluminum shift plate...while you're in there, you may want to update some stuff. (At least I did, thought I'd pass it along...I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, but I know I don't like taking things apart too often)

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69287&highlight=5spd+shift+plate

Last edited:
BTW- here's the link to AutoVation's aluminum shift plate...while you're in there, you may want to update some stuff. (At least I did, thought I'd pass it along...I'm not affiliated with them in anyway, but I know I don't like taking things apart too often)

I dont understand what you mean.

Yes, you may send bezel or payment first. Doesnt matter. We assume those interested are ready to jump in now, so we shouldnt have a problem with getting the first 5 in and modded.

We always get our boxes from Public Storage. Surprisingly, they have quite a variety of boxes and they are inexpensive.

Also, when you send in your bezel, please include a note of which opening you want, color, return address, and a phone number. It helps us a ton.

We should not have any issues matching your original location.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

I didn't realize there was a color option.

Can you elaborate a little?

I'll try that public storage idea...try and ship and pay stuff tomorrow. The website has been a little screwy lately.

The List:

Round 1 - FILLED!
1. CiaoBoy (need a double-DIN center console matching OEM color; already have the SOS mount on order)
2. DrVolkl - SD
3. R1uptempo (D. Din)
4. gp1565 (double-DIN)
5. Frank Spano - SD

Round 2
1. kdirty130 - repair modded DD bezel.

We are ready! Please contact us if there is any questions.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

I recently learned that switching to an aftermarket headunit will require additional work to get them to be compatible wth the stock speakers. Feel free to bump kdirty130 up to take my spot. I have to re-think my project. I may stick with the stock headunit after all.

-CiaoBoy

Sending paypal as we speak. I will be shipping this today...as soon as I find a box that fits this thing.

Thanks....

Color options: Included is paint that matches whatever the factory color is. We believe there are 3 different colors found in the NSX: Light Grey (almost silver), Dark grey (graphite) and Satin Black.

We have a local body shop working with us if you are interested in a custom color. I will find out prices of a professional refinish. Our paint is done in-house.

Ciao - Not a problem. The NSX's have Bose systems from the factory. Replacing the radio entails replacing the speakers as well. You can use your factory's if you re-wire the amplifiers. With that amount of work, it would be wise to replace the speakers. I will keep you on the backburner if you should change your mind.

Round 1 - FILLED!
1. CiaoBoy (need a double-DIN center console matching OEM color) [maybe]
2. DrVolkl - SD paid
3. R1uptempo (D. Din)
4. gp1565 (double-DIN)
5. Frank Spano - SD
6. kdirty130 - repair modded DD bezel.

Round 2

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Last edited:
Sending paypal as we speak. I will be shipping this today...as soon as I find a box that fits this thing.

Thanks....

Once you do, and can ensure the bezel is packed more than sufficiently, please post the dimensions of the box so others may get a similiar size without guesstimating.

One more thing about your box: We will re-use your box and packaging sent to us. So using a somewhat new box or undamaged would be ideal.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Shipping mine off today...I had to make my own box.

My dash is in worse shape than I originally thought...it's been cut up pretty bad from the first install and I also noticed stress cracks in the middle of it.

There's a good chance it's not going to make it in one piece. If that's the case, let me know if you can bring it back to life or if I need to source something else.

:frown:

We will take a look when it gets here. Were you seeing stress cracks down through the metal? I seen that once.. almost looked like someone dropped/ran over the bezel and the only thing holding it together was the thin metal.

Ill stay in touch.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

We will take a look when it gets here. Were you seeing stress cracks down through the metal? I seen that once.. almost looked like someone dropped/ran over the bezel and the only thing holding it together was the thin metal.

The cracks look like creases...like someone folded the dash once (not that that's possible). It goes all the way thru both side stays on either side of the coin tray on the outside (visible) and inside (visible when I took the dash out).

They've always been there, I thought it was just a chips in the pain, but it turns out to be a major weak point in my dash. Again, see what happens, but it didn't look good to me.

Regardless, I need a single din center console done, so perhaps you can repair/strengthen mine or I'll need to send a fresh one.

Rich

I want to do the single din option but delete the ashtray so I can mount 2 gauges. is this possible to make two gauge hole where the ashtray use to be? If so I'm want in on this one

Dr - Hmm, thats a weird one. Nevertheless, when it gets here, we'll figure it out. Unfortunate you might have to send another though.

r1 - I think you were asking about an ashtray delete. Get back to me when you get a chance.

nsxman - Yes we can. It would run an additional $150. What kind of gauges are you planning on using? Best scenario would be to send a gauge in for perfect fitment.

We can build your bezel to suit any need you may have. Here are a few options some have inquired about:

Delete ashtray - $75
Gauges in deleted ashtray - $75
Pocket under SD - $50
Gauges under SD - $75 (depends on gauge. Might not fit for all situations.)

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

Wow, definitely interested in this. Do you by chance have any spare bezels currently? Unfortunately my X came with an aftermarket piece installed and it looks like crap.

regards,

Matt

Dr - Your bezel arrived... just as you suspected. I talked it over with Erik, and we feel that you should pick up a new/used bezel. This one is in 2 pieces right next to the ashtray. There will be limited integrity in the bezel if repaired and we are worried it will not last (chances are in shipping).

Please let me know what you want to do from here.

r1 - Did you get my PM?

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

hey rich

I just ordered the two gauges that I will be using in place of the ashtray as soon as the gauges reach me I will package everything and send it to you. the size of the gauges are 2 1/16 diameter

thanks jermaine

Back