• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

GB Feeler: HCA Single din with reworked bezel.

Few months ago, we had the opportunity to refinish a bezel built by another shop, for a local NSXPrime'r. He was very happy with the end results.

We tossed the idea of making them for a GB, where the owner sends in their bezel and we rework it just like the below example. We will also supply the brackets needed to mount the radio and detailed instructions. It would be a very simple install. We could also do double din's as well, assuming there was enough interest. We carry Eclipse radios as well.

So, what do you think? How much would you pay? Interested? ...

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA
www.highlinecaraudio.com

I would definitley be interested in a double din one. I need something for a Kenwood DNX7100... and am too afraid to hack up the stock dash just yet...

Same here. I would definitely be interested on a double din reworked bezel for a clarion that I will be getting in the near future. You have a great idea. I hope you can supply such a thing.

Interested for sure. So you can match the color of the vents, ash tray cover, etc etc?

Or would you need to send the whole thing?

That is a very good idea. In terms of price, I think it should be around $150 to $200, Given you can get a carbon fiber one with 1 or 2 DIN cut out for $350, you need to be quite a bit cheaper than $350 to draw attention.

, Given you can get a carbon fiber one with 1 or 2 DIN cut out for $350, you need to be quite a bit cheaper than $350 to draw attention.

I hope you aren't refering to a current GB with that price quote.
If so, you might want to take notice of just exactly how many folks have actually gotten thier product.
Just because you can get one in a different material for a different price shouldn't have any bearing on this design.
Some owners don't want to go the CF route but would prefer the OEM look. And if that is the case then the price really isn't THAT much of an issue if they get exactly what they are wanting and get it in a timely manner.

I would imagine that since we're re-finishing a piece here and not building one from scratch, that it should be reasonable. I've been lurking the CF group buy from Tamoske, but honestly, there's just no way I'd sign up for that hassle until he gets his production issues under control.

So, this would be nice. I bought a CF glass one from Dali...didn't like it..sold it for a loss. Ended up with the SOS delete plate thing but it looks cut and pasted on. I would love something that looks like the original, but made for my single din head unit.

Name a price that's reasonable and I'll start taking apart my dash tomorrow.

Would be nice if you had some already made so buyers wouldn't have any downtime. You could do a core exchange. I think it would sell quite well being that no one makes such a thing. Why did SOS stop making theirs?

Wouldn't it be easier for you guys to just make a mold, though. So you wouldn't have to modify every one. Or were you not even thinking of producing that many pieces?

Yes, we could make double din bezels.

We color matched the vents and ashtray on that one. To us, its the only way to get the perfect match. The factory paint is special, and the way it is applied. We could come close, but in the end, its not perfect. With your pieces here, it would be perfect.

We were thinking around $300. Instead of us making a mount, the SOS would be a fantastic choice. That would put this mod under $350, minus shipping of course. Color matching the vents and ashtray as well.

No carbon fiber here. This would be a rework for your bezel. If you wanted to core, you will need to find one, unless we come across 5 of them somewhere.

Our show car is also awaiting the infamous Carbon Fiber center console piece. But we cant scrap our project.. he has too much into that CF piece. Are they ever going to be done? Damn..

Please ask any more if there is more you want to know.

Oh right, downtime: once here, it will ship 2 days after arriving (if for some reason we get 20 of you guys jumping in, it might take a titch longer). Really, we only need the 2nd day to allow ample drying time.

It will be finished with our special combo of SEM auto paint.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

I really hope you can really make them that fast and have experience with real volume production.

If not, then I would advise you as a business owner to never promise if you can't deliver. It is always better to be conservative and deliver earlier if possible. You never know, things come up and you don't want people wondering when their parts with come. Better to say 1 week and suprise them by having it shipped back to them in 2 days.

If you can meet that delivery time consistently, than awesome!

Oh right, downtime: once here, it will ship 2 days after arriving (if for some reason we get 20 of you guys jumping in, it might take a titch longer). Really, we only need the 2nd day to allow ample drying time.

It will be finished with our special combo of SEM auto paint.

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

So are we picking colors, or will they all be that matte black sort of look. (which is fine, just curious).

Also, I already hacked my console to fit my single din stereo...I'm assuming you can "bring it back"? Again, I don't remember how bad it looks under the SOS stereo plate...but it is still one piece.

I think you can pretty much add my name to the list.

I really hope you can really make them that fast and have experience with real volume production.

If not, then I would advise you as a business owner to never promise if you can't deliver. It is always better to be conservative and deliver earlier if possible. You never know, things come up and you don't want people wondering when their parts with come. Better to say 1 week and suprise them by having it shipped back to them in 2 days.

That is a great piece of advice.

Take a look at what we are providing for Subaru owners:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74919

For this GB, we shouldnt have any issues turning them around. The job itself takes about 4 hrs, with 8 hrs to dry.

Yes they will all be satin black. Unless otherwise specified. Other colors will come with additional charges, but I doubt anyone is going to want a diff color.

We can and will deliver.... interested? :)

Thanks,

Rich @ HCA

One question I have, is that are all double din units sized the same? For example, I'm looking to get a Kenwood DNX7100; is the cutout for that going to be the same as for, say a Pioneer AVIC-D3? I'm not so sure.... and if not, how do we get around that problem?

One question I have, is that are all double din units sized the same? For example, I'm looking to get a Kenwood DNX7100; is the cutout for that going to be the same as for, say a Pioneer AVIC-D3? I'm not so sure.... and if not, how do we get around that problem?

Despite what people say, the major brand double dins are in the exactly the same size chassis as one another. The faces are different. Our universal setup will cover any major brand double din on the market. This also goes for single dins as well.

We are thinking this GB will get off the ground, right after Christmas. We are still completing the Legacy GT GB right now. Our test vehicle cant make its way for at least another 2 weeks, depending on weather. Its been a bit crappy here lately.

Lets go ahead and start a list. We would need a minimum of 5 for GB pricing, but I dont see that an issue. To minimize downtime for everyone, we will accept 5 at a time.

It isnt set in stone yet, but $300 sounds reasonable for this GB. This does not include the SOS mount. The ashtray cover and upper vent piece will also be color matched. PP fees and return shipping included. Additional colors extra.

For the record: This is a single or double DIN modded opening to the center console bezel. The bezel is color matched to the ashtray and upper vent piece. The standard finish is Satin Black. This bezel is used in conjuction with the SOS radio bracket. Turn around after completion, with shipping, will be about a week (titch longer for those near the east coast). Total cost, with all fees and return shipping, is $300.

Copy n Paste:

Round 1

Round 2

Not deposit is necessary now. When the GB officially opens, those that signed up first will get first stab. As with all GBs, first come, first served.

Thanks everyone,

Rich @ HCA

Round 1
1. CiaoBoy (need a double-DIN center console matching OEM color; already have the SOS mount on order)
2. DrVolkl

Round 2

I've hacked up my stock console to fit my double din, is that a problem? If not count me in, im so tired and frustrated with the Tamoske GB that i am willing to give this a shot.

Jay

Round 1
1. CiaoBoy (need a double-DIN center console matching OEM color; already have the SOS mount on order)
2. DrVolkl
3. R1uptempo (D. Din)
4. gp1565 (double-DIN)

Round 2

Back