• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Gauging interest: Comptech Superharger Group Buy

I think comptech's reputation for standing behind their product is second to none. They didn't get to sell their products through Acura dealers by accident.

- - - Updated - - -.
I know that,,I hope everyone else does.

I think comptech's reputation for standing behind their product is second to none. They didn't get to sell their products through Acura dealers by accident.

I know that,,I hope everyone else does.

Just to add my two cents on CT's reputation...

I've had a comptech s/c kit on my daily-driven tsx for over 100k miles now (192k on the car). I've had issues here and there with idler pullies seizing and such BUT the one thing I can count on are the guys that were at comptech, now ct-engineering, to provide the support I need when I call. I can't think of another company that stands behind their product like these guys do.

Just to add my two cents on CT's reputation...

I've had a comptech s/c kit on my daily-driven tsx for over 100k miles now (192k on the car). I've had issues here and there with idler pullies seizing and such BUT the one thing I can count on are the guys that were at comptech, now ct-engineering, to provide the support I need when I call. I can't think of another company that stands behind their product like these guys do.

Wow 100K on the Comptech supercharger. That's awesome. Thanks for chiming in!!

That targa holder wont fit with the STMPO bar will it?

No, you will need to get the targa kit with the Comptech brace. But tou need to just store your targa in the trunk like I do and look fabulous with an exposed engine. Why are you covering your engine?

Ross (STMPO) does make a RSTB for the CTSC that fits very nicely and allows the targa holder to remain in place. Ask me how I know:wink:

Great work putting the GB together by the way!

-Steve

Ross (STMPO) does make a RSTB for the CTSC that fits very nicely and allows the targa holder to remain in place. Ask me how I know:wink:

Great work putting the GB together by the way!

-Steve

are you saying STMPO's RSTB that was designed to fit the CTSC also fits with the targa cover? I have the standard RTSB and it's fine but I was under the impression that the targa cover doesn't fit without some sort of modification...

That targa holder wont fit with the STMPO bar will it?

No, you will need to get the targa kit with the Comptech brace. But tou need to just store your targa in the trunk like I do and look fabulous with an exposed engine. Why are you covering your engine?

are you saying STMPO's RSTB that was designed to fit the CTSC also fits with the targa cover? I have the standard RTSB and it's fine but I was under the impression that the targa cover doesn't fit without some sort of modification...

Yes, I currently have the CTSC with the STMPO RSTB that Ross made and the targa that came with the SC fits just fine. My car was the guinea pig that Ross used to make the CTSC RSTB and one of his/mine requirements was that the targa cover had to fit. I can take a picture of it on if anyone wants to see.

-Steve

That's good info but if you guys want to discuss this further may I ask you do it on a different thread. I hope you understand. Thanks.

Guys I just want you all to know that I am working on this and talking to the right people. Just because I am quiet doesn't mean nothing is happening. Please be patient. My #1 priority in this is those guys on the list. That's who I'm working hard for. I'll just say this: CT-Engineering is aware of what is going on here. These things are always delicate. That's all I can really say publicly. I promised I will get you a price not normally possible. I will come through for you.

Yes, I currently have the CTSC with the STMPO RSTB that Ross made and the targa that came with the SC fits just fine. My car was the guinea pig that Ross used to make the CTSC RSTB and one of his/mine requirements was that the targa cover had to fit. I can take a picture of it on if anyone wants to see.

-Steve
I would like to see pics please.

For those that have asked. I am working on getting a discount on your peripherals as well. Exhausts, intakes, headers, etc. I am almost certain I will get this.

Will these be availible to those of us already happy owners of a CTSC?

Can you PM me with what you want? Discounted parts are available to the group buy members but PM me let me see what I can do since you already own one.

Ryu, they do not. Nor are they working on one. The 2.3L Lysholm blower is available, and I can make it part of this GB, but engine manangemnt would need to be handled by purchaser. It's a kit they sell for the DIY guy. I had a long talk with them 2 days ago... I can tell you they are very comfortable with the reliability of their products. Remember the belt slippage issue? That tiDave made the block for? That's been resolved. They've also done a bit more ine tuning to the FMU. They just want something that is as solid as possible. I know they looked into it, but I think the intercooler system is a bit too complex for their tastes.

Not to rush you, since you are graciously doing this for the benefit of us. But any prices sorted out yet? So I can set a monetary goal?

Back