gauge change not popular

As a fairly new NSX owner, I have been trying to decide where to start the upgrade parade. My thanks for the many posts to temp me.

The tunes need a serious work over so I have decided to start with the cockpit. stereo, seats, and gauges.

My question is why do not many of us change out the orange gauges. IMHO - not too attractive.
Here is what the search taught me.

1) There was a very ugly post/fight regarding some cool gauges for sale offer. don't look at it! The end result was still no pictures.

2) Here is a set avail on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451167249&category=46100
Anyone know about this?

3) MyNSXcom has some interesting ones

4) Lots of posts on how to change the clock to blue. Thats nice.

So if you have pictures or know of serious problems with doing this please let me know. The more info da better.

Thanks and happy NsxEW YEAR.

just my personal opinion... but i think the stock color is easy on the eyes but blue looks good only when everything is blue. (match)

I'm not really crazy about orange either, but if I was going to change to another color, then everything would have to change.... clock, radio, climate control, speedo etc.

Of course, there is the consideration that one day you will want to return the car to its original condition for value.

So long as we're giving personal opinions here, I think the stock ones are great. I think of gauges as functional, not as a fashion statement, and I've never liked ones that screamed "look at me". I think they should be easily read when needed and otherwise not draw attention to themselves. Loud gauges like loud children are a distraction; they should be seen and not "heard".

im totally familiar with the thread mentioned and those are the guages i have installed ....they are the same ones in the ebay ad.

My thought on these....the guages are easy to install and look great in the day time...they come out easy and you can return the car back to stock without a problem. Takes about an hour to hour and a half for install.

At nite i keep my guages like this

Acuransxreversgauges-03.jpg

there is no way to turn off the orange lights and there will always be a orange glow on them.... you can still see there is a orange glow in these pics even thou seller says there off....some people have changed the oem bulbs with white or blue leds which highlight the guages much better.

the only other issue i have with them is the size of the guages on the sides which give u oil/fuel/temp/voltage info....they are not cut exactly to size and are covered by the oem cover n bezel.if you look closely at the oil pressure guage you will see what i mean.

Acuransxreversgauges-01.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like it is a pain to see the needles at night?

blknsxnoc said:
Is it just me or does it look like it is a pain to see the needles at night?

Your 100% correct in your accessment....thats why you need the back light on .....but the orange color is aweful on the white guages.....the blue leds or the white leds makes it look great...althought ive never seen a nsx with the led conversion i know it can be done.

thanks for the info. Think I am going to have my friend Mark look at the post. He has done a couple ..I agree if I do it, I will do it all. Thanks again.

Back