Future Owner Asks questions

Salisbury to North Potomac = 134 miles

i do thank you guys for all this input. i really am excited to return and get an NSX. I'm seriously thinking about a blue NSX but i want it with the removable top. and the top portion black (totally in love with Blue Batmobile). I saw in the picture threads of hottess black and red and silver but no blue? i might have just read over it but could someone link me please?

would it be bad if i got a different color NSX and got it painted in the blue with black top?
also, i heard alot of people have the top part Wrapped? um... explain?

Honcho covered that one:
Honcho said:
Consequently, one thing you might want to consider is finding a T-top 95 or 96 that is in good mechanical shape, but has had paint/body work. The price should be fairly reasonable because the original paint already has been disturbed, thus you don't have any collector premium to worry about. This would allow you to do a color change to blue with a black top for low cost and quickly.
Great solid answer as a way to get the color you want without taking a big financial hit in depreciation. Sounds like you are on a budget, so that may be pertinent. There isn't anything "bad" with doing what you want with the car you purchase. There is however a market impact to doing particular things to particular cars and that is sometimes worth considering.

"Wrapping" is fairly well documented on the internet - this website seems to do a great job of explaining it: http://www.carwraps.net/

This thread has some good discussion on it:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135665

This photo shows the concept of your blue car with a black roof:
oc.jpg

wow, cant believed i missed that :/

and again, wow. thats really cool.
so i guess if i find a black one i can just get the lower portion wrapped in blue?

You will not be able to replicate the look/finish of the factory paint with wrap, but yes, it sounds like your best/cheapest option is to find a black 95 or 96 T-top and have the lower part painted. I don't know if you have seen a blue NSX in person, but in all of the available blue colors the pearl effect is amazing, especially in sunlight. I would definitely paint over wrap.

Back