fuel pressure safety switch for nitrous !

fuel pressure safety switch for nitrous ?

When running a dry kit, I was wondering if it was possible, to have two different ways that the nitrous solenoid is cut off in case of lack of fuel.

Ie. to have the simple fuel pressure safety switch like the one that nos makes. And to also have a back up one of some kind? Can maybe a stand Alone system be programed to do something like that? ANY SUGGESTIONS...
Or is that whole idea of having a back up switch over kill. Thank You Josh

Last edited:
A/F safety switch will do the trick in place with the FPSS (set it to the correct psi for NSX spray) and the A/F switch is monkey science to install.as a lay person you will not need intimate n20 know how.the device is pre constructed ready to install.hope that helped.good luck keep us posted.some times you should install new 02 senser's if you are really paranoid thus creating a known good A/F baseline for the safety switch (lots of venom systems I install I ALWAYS insist on new 02 sensers due to the way the system calibrates the extended injector drivers(also highly recommended by Venom INC) just a little xtra info.
P.S. As far as overkill is your motor worth 50 bucks more and 1 hour labor by you?

A/F safety switch will do the trick in place with the FPSS

So are you saying that i do not even need FPSS. How exactly does a A/F switch work?

Thanks, Badcarma i am new to nitrous. I had been doing some reading and, it sounded like if you cover all the bases.( don't cut ANY corners ) That you could run nitrous safely. So i started getting some parts for a nitrous set-up. This is what i have so far: Zex dry kit
Digital Msd window switch
IN my post before i made a mistake the FPSS i have is made by NX not NOS
Auto meter fuel pressure gauge
AEM A/F uego wide band gauge, that comes
with a bosch oxygen sensor.
B&M fuel pressure regular
walbro 255 fuel pump
Purge kit

Things i am working on getting: Bottle heater
Remote bottle opener
Spark plugs

Are new injectors necessary to insure a more worry free system? My car is a 91' with 48,000 miles. I plan on checking the compression before installing. I want to make the system as safe as i can. If you could tell me any that would make it safer. Please let me know. Or if there is anything wrong with the parts above.I am new to nitrous. I appreciate the help. Thank You Josh

Last edited:
I am saying use both if you dont trust the fpss only but from what you have said it looks like you are covering all the bases,well done

Ok thanks, i will look into the A/F switch. What do you think about getting different injectors ? Thanks again, Josh

with 40k on them you are probably cool But if it was my ride I would send em to RC to have C&C'ed then you will know their cool

BadCarma said:
with 40k on them you are probably cool But if it was my ride I would send em to RC to have C&C'ed then you will know their cool.

Thanks i will look into that.

I am on house arrest.:mad: For another 6 months so it's hard to get time to make it to my friends shop, where i am able to work on the car. My free time is limited.

If i were to get alittle bigger injectors. Could i gain something:

Ineed a_NSX said:
BadCarma said:
with 40k on them you are probably cool But if it was my ride I would send em to RC to have C&C'ed then you will know their cool.

Thanks i will look into that.

I am on house arrest.:mad: For another 6 months so it's hard to get time to make it to my friends shop, where i am able to work on the car. My free time is limited.

If i were to get alittle bigger injectors. Could i gain something:

Well,some folks say no. Andy use to say that the injectors in his experience could handle max duty cycles with out locking up, others suggest 80% is the rule.with that said IMHO you can go 15% larger injectors without washdown issues.will that buy you anything? probably only safety inregard to max duty lockup while spraying if it is even a realistic concern and I am not 100% sold on that BUT it will allow you to run 100 shot dry without running to lean.THIS is one mans opinion so you need to think it all out get a second opinion and then decide if the injectors only or the injectors plus 100 shot = safe.hope this made sense.

Quote:THIS is one mans opinion so you need to think it all out get a second opinion and then decide if the injectors only or the injectors plus 100 shot = safe.hope this made sense.

Yes, it does thank you.

I hope to learn enough to feel confident about my deicing for the set up. I was reading that running a 75 shot seems to be about the safe max. For the stock motor. It was one of your old posts. You were saying 75 being safe for long term use if i remember right. Right know i feel good confident using a 75 shot on my motor. Considering from what you have said, it is less of a shot then what the stock motor could hold technically.

What do you think about getting a new ignition system ?

Thanks again, Josh

Josh, man have you been doing your homework. I dont think you need a new ignition system unless it is giving you problems and then it most of the time just a bad coil pack,and you can just validate all the packs are in spec easy BUT it is great to see you thinking this whole think out which is the correct way to do it.
BTW all the questions asked are 100% relevant to the prep of the car before an n20 install.I have been answering n20 ? on here for along time and I think you are the first guy to really research the prep work in a methodical manner. the prep is as important as the system setup and safety features that are intergrated within the core system.
On a final note do not forget to swap out your fuel filter with a new one,very important prep.

Well, I will say you seem to have the knowledge about No2 on the X. I am new to the nsx. And new to the Prime. Man I don't have words to describe the value of this site. Thanks for the help, I will keep you posted about my set-up, And if you don't mind pick your brian along the way. Thank You Josh

Which system do you recommend to be the safest for a 100 shot, wet or dry kit?

NSX~PERT said:
Which system do you recommend to be the safest for a 100 shot, wet or dry kit?

Its not a simple yes or no question you ask. I use to prefer a wet 100 and dry 75 but dry 100 done right is safe with PROPER prep to car.
What year is your car
street or track or both for spraying
how many miles on car
what mods if any
any experiance with it even minor,have you ever sprayed n20 before....comfortable while spraying

very important,can you do routine 2 month maintenance like inspecting the solenoids,lines,wiring ect. this has the single most importance in MHO as to which to recommend

pm me back the info,

P.S dont forget to have a purge,keeps the n20 liquid right to the solenoid right before use,much faster acting shot

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/zendog/nosNSX.mpg

heres my purge setup at link it just demos my purge I am not spraying,if link does not pull up vid drop the nosnsxmpg and just go to my ftp and run it from there,theres some good F/A action as well, someone PLEASE test link and let me know if it works.pm me dont post to thread about the link POST all you want about the purge if you like it. I can set you up with a V purge a X purge or you can do either or.

Last edited:
BADCARMA,
I am knoledgable on N2O I had a dry set up on my car with Max 75 H.P. only used it for about 2-3 bottles, I had it running off a microswitch where it would only run on full throttle. My car is a 91' with 60k miles. I was going to do my set-up again but was contemplating a wet 100 shot, but was also concerned with puddling of fuel in the intake or is 100 to small for this to happen. which do you fell will be best for me to step it up to a 100 shot on my current dry or add a fuel selenoid and goe with that. BTW I do have a purge. Yes routine maintenance is a must, and is done. As far as mods: comptect exhaust straight pipes, ECU upgrade, spoon V-tech controller came with the car, K& N air filter, High performance Clutch.

NSX~PERT said:
BADCARMA,
I am knoledgable on N2O I had a dry set up on my car with Max 75 H.P. only used it for about 2-3 bottles, I had it running off a microswitch where it would only run on full throttle. My car is a 91' with 60k miles. I was going to do my set-up again but was contemplating a wet 100 shot, but was also concerned with puddling of fuel in the intake or is 100 to small for this to happen. which do you fell will be best for me to step it up to a 100 shot on my current dry or add a fuel selenoid and goe with that. BTW I do have a purge. Yes routine maintenance is a must, and is done. As far as mods: comptect exhaust straight pipes, ECU upgrade, spoon V-tech controller came with the car, K& N air filter, High performance Clutch.

with the new nozzles out their puddling is a thing of the past unless you screwup the install and you do not seem like that guy,non issue for you.so if its wet you like go for it.do a two stage 75-125 wet.dont bang the 125 till third and it will cause you no problem due to the massive cfm your pulling from the first shot and the ratio of 02 to n20 will be fine to tolerate 125 on stock internals and dont spray in 4th ya know why bother.
BTW what ECU upgrade you have,might have to lose it to spray due to the timing advance on many-all thats MHO

Back