From NSXNXT to NSXNOW (ITS HERE!)

Hi everyone,
First I want to thank everyone for their help this past 3 days.
It was quite hectic. I went from introducing myself and explaining how I will be owning a NSX in 1 year to owning one after 3 days. Thanks to you guys for your feedback and info.
Ok, here is the deal, I traded in my 2 trucks which I wanted 15g for to only getting $13,850. BUT, I got the additional wrap around warranty for $1,000 instead of $1,995. I also got window etching and lo-jack. Its weird. They gave me 5.04% interest without lo-jack, monthly payment would be $866. But with lo-jack, monthly payment is $868 and at 4.6% interest. I put down less then 4k plus the trade-in. Financed 45k. I also saved bout $800 from trading in the trucks cuz I dont have to pay tax on selling the trucks to a third party. I think I also saved an additional $800 buying the truck not being taxed on the saling price, but on the total AFTER the trafe-in for a total of $1,600. Therefore, I did kinda get the 15k I wanted for the trucks and a lower interest rate at 4.6% for 5 yrs plus additional warranty plus the certified warranty. I got lo-jack and window etching. Im happy as hell.
Its a beautiful car. Dream finally realized after 7 yrs. (C=
Well worth the wait. I still cant believe it man. It looks brand new.

Here are some pics, they are dark, but I was anxious. (C=
Ill take some better ones tomorrow.
http://emusing.com/gallery/nsx.htm

btw, i am going to have to change my online handle from NSXNXT (NSX Next) to NSXNOW..heheh

Last edited:
That is stunning!

I hereby order you to spend your 4th of July washing, waxing, and driving to a place for scenic photo ops!

:D

Thanx (C;
I will clean garage and wash car...
I have to make room and move the bikes and mower aside.
Take care

Congratulations!! Enjoy it!! I finally got mine this February after dreaming about it for over ten years.....mine is also a 2001 Formula Red/Tan with 354 miles. Just curious, what was the finally price?

Take care,

Sam

Hi Zlee,
My final price was $58,000 plus $1,000 for Acure Care (Wraparound warranty) plus $1,100 for lo-jack and $300 for window etching.
Totaling $60,400
I got $13,850 for trad-in.
I put alittle under 4k cash
Financing $45,000 for 5 yrs at 4.6%
Monthly payment is $868.

I wouldnt of gotten lojack, but thats the only way I can get 4.6% interest instead of 5.04%. It was only 2 bucks more per month.
For 60 months, its really costing me 120 bucks for the lojack because of the lower interest rate.

btw, your 2001 had 354 miles? DAMN, thats sweet. What did u pay for it in Feb?

Do u have some pics and any mods? I wanna change the shift knob to the alumnium one from SOS.
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/.../ScienceofSpeed/shift_knobs/Rapid/default.asp
I wanna get the backyard special carbon flap rear spoiler.
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/...kyard_Special/carbon_flap_spoiler/default.asp
and the 2002 update HID and carbon fiber hood with scoop and bumper.
http://scienceofspeed.com/products/...cts/NSX/2002_conversion/GT-Series/default.asp

But I cant do any mods till next year or else the wife will kill me )C=
Im ok with that. Ill be happy for a while.
I still cant believe there is a nsx in my garage...I think Ill go and take a peek again...hehe
Calvin

Take care,

I'm curious is your loan through a bank other than honda? Honda offers 4.9 for 60 months for certified cars.

OK, Congratulations on the new car, it is beautiful, from what we can see so far. Need pictures outside the garage.

BUT, OH my GOD - clean that garage out and make a nice home for that car where it is going to be safe when it is parked. It looks like a 3 car garage, time to take a trip to the dumps, have a garage sale, donate stuff to someone, or something. Maybe build a storage shed somewhere else on your property to keep all that stuff. I am glad I didn't see the pictures last night, I would have had nightmares about all that stuff crashing onto the NSX.

Enough said, you paid a pretty penny for that NSX, give it the home it deserves please.

By the way - I am expecting mine to be delivered by Horseless Carriage within the next 2 days......I am dying to see it parked in my garage. '01 Formula red with tan..... Silverstone was our other color choice. These cars are just beautiful.

Enjoy your NSX,
Cairo

Hi,
NSXTACY, It was American Honda Financial.
They originally told me the interest was 6.7% AFTER I we agreed n a price for my trade-ins. I was abit pissed cuz I had paid $415 to ship the trucks down. They should of told me the interest first before we traded the trucks in. Anyway, I told them Im not taking the vehicle for anything over 4.9%. We just bought a new BMW X5 a month ago and the interest rate was 4.9%. We also were approved 3 months back at 4.7% for a Acura MDX at the same acura dealer. Anyway, they told me we were refused for a loan at 2 other places prob cuz we already had a loan on a new vehicle.
Eitherway, at the end, they offered me 2 choices

$866 without lojack 5.04% for 5 yrs or
$868 with lojack at 4.6% for 5 yrs

What would you choose? For 2 bucks a month, Its really costing me $120 bucks for lojack. Since lojack was 1100, I actually saved $980 bucks for getting the interest rate at 4.6%.

Cairo, heheh, my wife wants me to clean out the garage for the longest time. I was actually going to hang my bikes above the cars, but i decided not to now. hehe.

Man, if I were you, i couldnt handle the wait. heheh. Id drive it back already (C=
Waiting is the worst.
Red in NJ gets you lots of tickets...Which I cannot afford.
I wanted black for the past 6 yrs until silverstone came out. It looked very elegent to me. My wifes X5 is Sterling Gray Metallic, very similar to my nsx.

btw cairo, did you ever see the nsx I got at open acura?

Thanks all,

"354 miles?? Sounds like you need to drive yours more!"

It is now over 900 miles, I almost tripled the mileage within 4 months :eek:

I only get to drive it in the weekend when I am not with my son (damn car seat!), I hate to say it, she is garage queen most of the time.

Sam

Congratulations! Perfect timing, too! Now you can bring it to NSXPO 2004 (especially since the event is close to home for you this year). Hold the dates, October 8-12!

Thanx all,
Iwill try to be at the NSXPO this Oct.

I put on 62 miles since I got the car yesterday. heheh.
Anyway, I took some more pics outside in the sun/clouds today.

http://emusing.com/gallery/nsx.htm

Enjoy,
Calvin

First of all congrats on the sweet car.

2nd- i have to agree with Netviper- clean out the garage. You wouldn't want anything to fall on the NSX.:p

not trying to rag on you, just giving up a heads up.

Congrats again.

Zlee said:

I appreciate guys like you that never drive their cars, so I have all the more miles to enjoy when I pick up the table scraps.:D

Zlee said:

I only get to drive it in the weekend when I am not with my son (damn car seat!), I hate to say it, she is garage queen most of the time.

Sam

Understandable considering the circumstances. You must have one of the lowest mile '01 NSX-T out there!! :eek:

Zlee, congrats on yours too.
What did you pay for that 2001 NSX with so low miles?

I have spent 3 hrs cleaning out the garage and still dont have much room. Most of the stuff was brought into the basement except for the riding mower and snow blower and some tires for my maxima.

I have lined the walls on the sides of the garage where the NSX parks with the silver foam insulation originally bought for insulating the a/c duct vents. Its about 1 inch thick. That way if the door swings open, it will hit the foam instead of the concrete wall.

I had to park the big mower behind the NSX. SUX.
Goto my gallery and scroll down to the bottom for DAY 3 pics.
http://www.emusing.com/gallery/nsx.htm

Calvin

Last edited:
Cool photo album. I did some extensive cleaning in my garage as well so that nothing hit my baby. :)

Quote "I appreciate guys like you that never drive their cars, so I have all the more miles to enjoy when I pick up the table scraps."

Hey NoggZ,

You must be either single or married with no kids.....I am considering myself pretty damn fortunately to buy a NSX being married with children. It is all about balance, there is something more important and more fun than driving a NSX all the time like spending time with your own kids.

I will let you know if I ever want to sell and maybe you will be willing to pay a premium for it since you appreciate guys like me ;)

Sam

Hey NSXNT,

I have the exact same John Deere Lawn Tractor I think, is it a L110? I love to mow my lawn ever since I got that tractor :D

Later,

Sam

Back