Free Meguiars Detailing Clinic date Feb 26 confirmed

Something came up that I have to attend at 10 am here in O'side...Is it cool to be late??? :confused: should be there by 11 am :redface: :biggrin:

Sure just show up. we will prob just be getting started with the demo at that time.

BTW. there are a few people going on the Vegas run for Dim Sum instead so good news for member of the waiting list :biggrin:

I thought Dim Sum is better in Monterey Park ?

fkong777 said:
All cars should be washed and clean before arriving at Meguiar's in
case
we choose your car for detailing. We usually look for a black, or dark
colored Cars.
[/I]

Just caught the last line of the first post.
Good luck having your car spotless after driving there. :confused:
We'll do our best.

Last edited:
if your car is in the demo. It will be doused with Quick Detailer as first step.. Dont worry They even have a power washer there if needed.

Looking forward to the great tips on saturday!

Before I post this in the 'parts for sale' section, I thought I'd offer these items locally for anyone coming up on saturday.

I have a set of lightly used comptech sport 'cat test pipes', part# 250-201.
Price is $130 (which includes free white glove delivery to Meguiars parking lot). New, around $300 Sample-> Retail Link

Note that these state that they fit 95-99 on the label.

In addition, if anyone wants my 98 stock springs and a 10" bazooka tube (both for free) let me know and I'll pack those up too.

Just PM me if your interested. I'll see you on saturday.

tbNSX said:
In addition, if anyone wants my 98 stock springs and a 10" bazooka tube (both for free) let me know and I'll pack those up too.
Just pm'd you.

Remember guys... Event is Tomorrow. Looks like we get a Clear weekend from the forecast.

8.30am

Meguiar’s Inc
17991 Mitchell South
Irvine, CA 92614

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/calendar.php?s=&action=getinfo&eventid=89

NSX Prime at Meguiar's!

On February 26th, 2005 Meguiar's will proudly host our Detailing 101 Class for members of NXS Prime here at Meguiar’s Corporate offices in Irvine, CA

Coffee and pastries will be served at 8:30am with class starting at 9:00am sharp. Pictures of the event will be posted to Meguiar’s online discussion forum under Detail Days at Meguiar's

To attend this event, you must sign-up, click here to add your name to the list!

Schedule for the day

8:30 am to 9:00 am - Coffee and Pastries - Meet & Greet and get your name tag - Shop Talk

9:00 am to 11:00 am - An in-depth Power Point Presentation covering Meguiar’s history, unique background, Consumer and Professional product lines and Meguiar’s 5-step paint care cycle.

11:00 am to 11:30 am - Questions & Answers

11:30 am to 12:00 noon - Walk-by of attendees cars to discuss the owners current car care program. Here's where we select one or two cars to detail in order to teach proper detailing techniques. We tend to choose black, and dark colored cars whose finish is in bad condition.

12:00 noon to 12:30 pm ? Lamppost Pizza with cold soda pop and water

12:30 pm to 3:00 pm ? Product demonstrations with a focus on using proper technique for applying products by hand and with the G-100 dual action polisher

3:00 pm to 5:00 pm ? Open Garage for testing and trying out Meguiar’s product on attendees cars with instruction and guidance from Instructors

The afternoon portion of the class is a hands-on experience and attendees are encouraged to put on a Meguiar’s smock and get involved. Learning is best done by participating, not watching from the sidelines.

Unfortunately something has come up that prevents me from attending, :frown: hope you all learn and enjoy.

PoohBEAR said:
no...NOT, if you are not joining me. I'll be at the demo tomorrow.
Cool. You can check out the Kenwood 7015 in my car.

My guest can't make it so another spot is open for the person who wants it

I also had to back out as my work scheduled a mandatory morning meeting. I've already contacted Meguiars about it though so someone feel free to take my spot. Hopefully we'll have another one of these events in the future so I can go! :cool:

Re: Free Meguiar's Detailing Clinic date Feb 26 confirmed

Just an update, I live in Apple Valley, CA and it's raining pretty good up here but the forecast for Irvine is for only 10% chance for rain. So we do plan on holding the class with donuts and coffee from 8:30am to 9:00am and the class starting sharp at 9:00am

See you tomorrow morning!

Mike

Thanks Mike for the full day of presentation and demos.

Great to see and meet everyone who came out for this meet. Just about 15 NSX showed up which is a great site in its own. I hope everyone learned some new tips.

fkong777 said:
Thanks Mike for the full day of presentation and demos.

Great to see and meet everyone who came out for this meet. Just about 15 NSX showed up which is a great site in its own. I hope everyone learned some new tips.

Ditto. Session was most informative and great to meet some of fellow NSX'ers. Keep in touch, guys. :wink:

Of course a big "thank you" to Fkong777 for organizing this event.

Fred, thanks for setting up this very informative event! As always, I had a great time chatting with the fellow NSXers.

Mike, it was great to learn from an expert. It makes me want to clay all my cars. A quick check on next week's weather forecast put a damper on the enthusiasm. :frown:

Thanks again for the both of yous!

Manny, let me know when you are going to get your valance installed.

Yup, thanks from me too for fkong777 and Mike Phillips for getting this together. I learned bunches of stuff today AND got to meet some new guys in the process! :)

Pics can be found here:
http://furyxx.0catch.com/pages/20050226-NSXPrime_at_Meguiars/index.html

-Randy

IMG_8148.JPG

IMG_8153.JPG

IMG_8149.JPG

IMG_8162.JPG

Holy Crap! The difference on the red car is amazing. Any tips for those of us who could not make it.

Thanks to kfong777 for the organization and a huge thanks to Mike Phillips from Meguiar's for having us. Good information, good demos, good food.
We learned the 5 step paint care process:
1. Washing with proper solutions

2. Cleaning / Surface Prep
(removing below surface defects) / (removing above surface contaminants)

3. Polishing
Cleaner Polish (removing swirls and light scratches) and
Pure Polishes (Creating brilliant shine and gloss)

4. Protecting - waxes / paint protectants

5. Maintaining - Quick Detailers / Spray Waxes

It was a wealth of information. My what, why and how questions were answered. For those who couldn't make it...bummer. Next year. :smile:

Back