Found a 91 JH4NA1154MT002095

Re: Found a 91

I don't think the price is that great. I also don't like the wheels and the aftermarket stereo. Did you verify that it's out of the snap ring range?

I agree. I dont' think it's a great deal at all.

It must be the lighting, but the front bumper color looks different from the rest of the car. Has this been repainted?

The question on this car is how complete is the service. The price is fair, if the car has had all its maintenance and needs nothing. It should have had timing belt and all hoses replaced. It could look perfect but be in need of $4000 of maintenance. Assuming that the maintenance is all up to date and the car is not in snap ring range, and it has never been wrecked, it could be a fine car to buy.

Tom

It must be the lighting, but the front bumper color looks different from the rest of the car. Has this been repainted?

I see the same thing. Looks as if it has seen paint to me.

those wheels:eek:

Assuming that it is clean and everything is up to date with maintanance then its not a bad price at all. As for it being a 16 year old car, it is still quite remarkably reliable even if you use it as an everyday driver (like me). In terms of performance, the 91-94 NSX I believe have the most rigid chassis with the exception of the rare 99 Alex Zanardi edition and some rare special ordered coupes in the later years. Also they do not have power steering which makes the car have a solid feel when you drive. However if you would perfer a less raw version the 95-96 are considered the slowest NSX's around with a targa top but still keeping the 3.0 liter engine and 5 speed manual along with power steering (having the targa and powersteering all adds weight). If you can afford a 97 and up you will have a 290 horsepower car with a 6 speed manual gearbox capable of accelerating the car to 60 mph in the high 4's. But ultimately whichever one you choose you really can't go wrong, the experience of owning one is a joy in itself.

good luck

-Rob

Silver is a fairly rare color..so it has that going for it, I am not sure why people are so freaked out by the wheels, I have seen much worse on many Prime members cars:tongue: ...as for the Paint...don't jump to conclusions about a repaint...lighting can make the photo look odd and the bumper is plastic the fenders are Alm...it is not uncommon for bumpers and metal panels to look different in certain light and angles.

Did I miss it or what? All those pictures, including an empty trunk and no picture of the engine? I hope it is just the lighting that makes the paint look different on the hood/bumper. I too do not care for those wheels.

Looks clean. And yes, the bumper has been repainted. My 91 Sebring does not show any different color change in the bumper, and the paint is original. Not that this is a deal breaker, as I have considered having mine painted due to some rock chips. And everyone is right, if the proper service has not been done, you could easily be out thou$ands. Sebring generally is worth a few extra bucks, as it is a rare color. Get a PPI, drive it, and offer them $30K and see what happens. I bought my 91 with 26K miles, original owner, all maintenance done almost two years ago for 36K and some change. I now have 52K miles on mine. I love it, and if my car has only depreciated around $2000 based upon the asking price of this car, then I am in great shape. :smile: Generally speaking, mileage is equally important as age with older vehicles. In other words, older cars, regardless of mileage, need different maintenance and repairs than a newer car with similar mileage. And just a few things to look for, even if a PPI has been done...

1. Run a diagnostic test on the heating/ac system. (search prime for instructions).
2. Check the taillights for water leaks.
3. Check to see if it is snap ring range. Some dealerships may miss this unless you specifically check it.

Good luck to you!

Not too bad of a price if the maintenece is 100% current and there are no accidents...the paint not matching is making me wonder why.

They couldn't find the engine when they took the pictures, having given up after checking in the trunk first, then under the hood. Here it is on eBay. The wheels are ugly and the stereo is a disappointment, but both of these issues are pretty easy to rectify. If the maintenance is current and it has no significant accident history, it is a $30k car if you don't mind the manual steering, even if the front fascia has been repainted. It certainly appears to be in nice cosmetic condition. Be sure to check for snap ring range.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290101892706&rd=1,1

The snap ring failure is limited to transmission numbers J4A4-1003542 through J4A4-1005978. These transmission numbers are limited to 1991 and 1992 model year vehicles. You cannot determine whether a car is in the range for possible failure by VIN number, you MUST check the TRANSMISSION NUMBER because the transmissions were not installed in sequential order by VIN number. See the link below for instructions on locating the transmission number.

http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/DIY/engine_transmission_vin.htm

Attachments

• JH4NA1154MT002095.jpg
    JH4NA1154MT002095.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Back