Former owner planning his comeback to the NSX world

Hi Prime,

I have not been very active lately due to me selling my NSX, finishing up school, and preparing to move to Texas for the USAF. It's kind of odd to find myself posting on Prime once again, but I can't stay away, and I have to say it: I need to be back in an NSX.

My first foray into the NSX world wasn't a happy one by any means. I ended up in a terrible accident in my 1992 shortly after buying her and I was left with a bruised ego and uncertainty over whether I should ever drive one again, but I couldn't stay away.

A few months later, I flew to DC and picked up a 1991 that was the spitting image of the 1992, and I loved it. I even had the various modifications on the car removed to make it feel as though I had my 1992 back, all the way down to the 91 OEM wheels. It was great. I still, however, felt like I was just trying to replace what I had lost before. :frown:

I sold the car 9 months later to a gentleman in Kennesaw, GA ( playswfire on here ), who I know will continue taking good care of the car. I could afford to keep the car easily, but I had to devote some of my funds to put me in a better place for the future ( picking up the GI Bill ). Now I DD a nice G35 sedan 6MT and a beautiful 75 Datsun Z turbo with nothing on the car untouched that I bought from an old friend. :cool:

The Datsun Z is in my blood ( as a few here who knew me before becoming an NSX owner ), but it drives through my veins alongside the NSX.

So, right now I'm set to attend pilot training in Del Rio, TX, for what will probably be about a year and a half's time, but as a gift to myself for completing it, I'm going to get into another NSX once again. This time it will be anew, the same anticipation I felt before getting the first. In commisseration with those who coached me before, empathized with me during the accident, and rejoiced with me upon buying the next, I thank you all. This is to let you all know that I'm coming back soon enough.

If anyone has any info on the whereabouts of JH4NA1157NT000018, I would like to know ( and yes I memorized the VIN ). :redface:

Don't get a black/ivory this time :wink: Then hopefully it won't feel like a replacement for the others.

Thanks for serving our country! I'm sure you'll find another car real soon.

Thanks for serving our country! I'm sure you'll find another car real soon.

Thanks, but I haven't done anything yet. There are those on this forum more deserving of such accolades.

I don't even know what I'm looking for as of yet, so I have lots of options ha.

Don't get a black/ivory this time :wink: Then hopefully it won't feel like a replacement for the others.

But I looooooove that combination. I'm also thinking NSX-T, so that kind of blows the black/ivory out the window.

Maybe red/black NSX-T? 97?

Hi Prime,
If anyone has any info on the whereabouts of JH4NA1157NT000018, I would like to know ( and yes I memorized the VIN ). :redface:

last 3 records from carfax

<table id="recordTable1" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr id="record17" class="evenrow"><td valign="top">06/23/2008 </td> <td class="mileage"> 75,812 </td> <td valign="top"> Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title #1301568866 </td> <td valign="top"> Title issued or updated
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory </td> </tr> <tr id="record18" class="oddrow"> <td valign="top"> 08/21/2008 </td> <td class="mileage"> </td> <td valign="top"> Tennessee
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Madisonville, TN
Title #S0591107 </td> <td valign="top"> New owner reported
SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
REBUILT TITLE ISSUED </td> </tr> <tr id="record19" class="evenrow"> <td valign="top"> 05/11/2009 </td> <td class="mileage"> </td> <td valign="top"> California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Fairfield, CA </td> <td valign="top"> Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory</td></tr></tbody></table>

Glad to see you making your way back to the fold, Jared. To update, I have finally undone most of the abuse Billy did to my black/ivory. She's running great now, thanks in part to your help. Hope to see you back in a NSX soon (I like the idea of a red/tan 97...)

Paul

I have always wanted to one day go back and track down all my old cars and buy them back, its would make me so deeply happy inside, plus the flood of memories in each vehicle, like how many girls were in that backseat etc. LOL but I think you should try track down and buy back your old NSX. its like a pet you havent seen in years and then when you see them again they have never forgotten you and jump an wag their tails. ya know that feeling? and if they are not as young or in the condition you sold her in, then make it a point to bring them back to life as they were before. kinda like being Imortal

would bring tears to your eyes!

last 3 records from carfax

<table id="recordTable1" width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr id="record17" class="evenrow"><td valign="top">06/23/2008 </td> <td class="mileage"> 75,812 </td> <td valign="top"> Ohio
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Title #1301568866 </td> <td valign="top"> Title issued or updated
Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory </td> </tr> <tr id="record18" class="oddrow"> <td valign="top"> 08/21/2008 </td> <td class="mileage"> </td> <td valign="top"> Tennessee
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Madisonville, TN
Title #S0591107 </td> <td valign="top"> New owner reported
SALVAGE TITLE/CERTIFICATE ISSUED
REBUILT TITLE ISSUED </td> </tr> <tr id="record19" class="evenrow"> <td valign="top"> 05/11/2009 </td> <td class="mileage"> </td> <td valign="top"> California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Fairfield, CA </td> <td valign="top"> Dealer took title of this vehicle
while it was in inventory</td></tr></tbody></table>

Thank you!!!

This gives me hope that she will see the road again and that I may be able to buy her back at some point.

Made a significant financial decision yesterday to get me closer to a position where I can make my way back to the NSX fold.

Used my G35 sedan to move down to TX and had primarily been using it as a DD while driving my Z every now and then (finally got it down to TX about a month ago).

Now that I had gotten settled, I toyed around with the idea of selling the G35. Listed it a few places and got some serious offers, the most serious one coming a few days ago from a guy in San Antonio. Thought it over, then finally made the decision to sell the car.

I live about a half mile from the flight line and am thinking about just buying a cheap road bike to ride to and from and keep myself in shape. I'll still have the Z, which is actually downright reliable.

So, I sold the G35 and now I'm about 8 months out from being completely debt free. Want to put back a little cash afterward and buy myself another NSX as a gift for finishing pilot training. The prize is in sight! :biggrin:

Very nice, keep the dream alive.

It's cool that your '92 seems to have been sorted back out to at least some extent.

Yeah you've no idea how horrendous that whole episode was for me. :frown: I keep periodic tabs online to see if it will eventually come up for sale at some point. I'd like to shock a less-than-honest dealer that would try to tout the car as accident-free and snag it.

I've just got to buckle down, study, forget cars for awhile, keep making my steady payments, and prosper. I'm going to wait until I move after pilot training to buy this next NSX as I won't be able to move both the Z and NSX together easily. I could be anywhere from North Carolina to California to Japan, so that's another good reason to wait until then.

Last edited:
Pilot huh!? You do know pilots without maintainers are just pedestrians with leather jackets and cool sunglasses right? Just kidding

You should have no problem finding your NSX. Especially since you know what to look for and how one should drive. Thanks for serving from one Airman to another.

Pilot huh!? You do know pilots without maintainers are just pedestrians with leather jackets and cool sunglasses right? Just kidding

You should have no problem finding your NSX. Especially since you know what to look for and how one should drive. Thanks for serving from one Airman to another.

Absolutely! haha. Hey we wouldn't get off the ground without maintainers. Alot of LTs here at Laughlin are helping out in maintenance launching and recovering to take the load off the real guys, and they're starting to see how tough it is working those hours.

You at Offutt?

Absolutely! haha. Hey we wouldn't get off the ground without maintainers. Alot of LTs here at Laughlin are helping out in maintenance launching and recovering to take the load off the real guys, and they're starting to see how tough it is working those hours.

You at Offutt?

LoL...Yeah at offutt, one of 3 owners from what I have been told in Nebraska

Yeah you're probably right.

There's quite a few in TX, but I've seen only two the entire time here.
One's on base right now, a new Academy LT that just got here. Makes me want one even more. Can't escape it!

Jared,

Congrats on the pilot stuff - now you get to do the real work!

2402 is still running strong, I DD it (weather permitting)
Had to take the Taitec off and go stock due to the work schedule/neighbors.

Love the Blk/Ivory scheme!

Jared,

Congrats on the pilot stuff - now you get to do the real work!

2402 is still running strong, I DD it (weather permitting)
Had to take the Taitec off and go stock due to the work schedule/neighbors.

Love the Blk/Ivory scheme!

That's great!

If not for the fear of it being down here getting sandblasted and my want to get ahead financially, I probably wouldn't have sold the car. I drove the car nearly every other day, and it made a truly great DD.

I keep looking at NSX ads but I'm always drawn to the black/ivory color combo. To me, it just looks right. The NSX is downright silky in a dark color and the light interior is nicer to me than the camel.

There's a few of them for sale right now in the Marketplace, but I have to wait. If you end up getting tired of 2402, let me know first.

Wow! Time flies when you're....er......flying.

I finished T6s at Laughlin in May, moved to Corpus Christi NAS in June for training on the T44A in preparation for a C130, I get my wings in 2 weeks, and I just got notified that I...

...AM MOVING TO JAPAN!!!!!! :biggrin::eek:

Having said that, it is with regret that I am postponing my NSX search after I had found a few contenders and was ready within a week to put down a deposit. It would just be too much of a hassle to ship it to Japan and ship it back.
The good news is that what I do plan on doing is buying something I can only get over there and possibly bringing it back here ( if it's over 25 years old and can be grandfathered back in ). So, I guess roughly a 1991 at the latest, maybe even squeeze in a 1992 Type R if I could find one.

I do plan on coming back to the NSX fold, but it may be a while yet longer before that becomes a reality. My head is just spinning with the possibilities right now.

Congrats on the wings...and going to Japan. I commanded a Combat Comm Unit stationed at Yokota AB, Japan, 1987-90. The 374th Tactical Airlift Wing stationed there flew us to various locations in the Pacific in their C-130s. Enjoy your tour there.

Thanks for serving and enjoy your time in Japan.

Surely the right car will happen when its the right time.

Until then, find parts for us over there :smile:

Safe skies to you from an ex-AF guy

Wow! Time flies when you're....er......flying.

I finished T6s at Laughlin in May, moved to Corpus Christi NAS in June for training on the T44A in preparation for a C130, I get my wings in 2 weeks, and I just got notified that I...

...AM MOVING TO JAPAN!!!!!! :biggrin::eek:

Having said that, it is with regret that I am postponing my NSX search after I had found a few contenders and was ready within a week to put down a deposit. It would just be too much of a hassle to ship it to Japan and ship it back.
The good news is that what I do plan on doing is buying something I can only get over there and possibly bringing it back here ( if it's over 25 years old and can be grandfathered back in ). So, I guess roughly a 1991 at the latest, maybe even squeeze in a 1992 Type R if I could find one.

I do plan on coming back to the NSX fold, but it may be a while yet longer before that becomes a reality. My head is just spinning with the possibilities right now.

Congrats.

If we ever get stationed in Japan, I plan on bringing back a older NSX or a 60's Skyline.

Have fun in Japan.

FYI, NA1-R costs over 9mil yen and even a '90 range from 3~5mil+ yen these days. Do the math and you'll prolly consider holding onto your cash and get an '05 when you're home.

Back