• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

For Sale w/only 992 miles!

the exhaust has 0 i mean 0 wear. ...

10114708316.257045793.IM1.02.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

10114708323.257045793.IM1.09.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

I hope this goes into a lucky enthusiast hand ..
Oscar

Id love this one for my collection.

That poor car, it deserved a better life than it's had.

Is there any worse fate for a great driver's car than to sit?

Asking price is fair. Selling price will be lower. Someone is going to snatch up a sweet NSX w/ this one.

Seems a Tad high in this market. But not even 1000miles that’s just crazy. Won’t all the seals be done, because of age and such little use?

Hard to believe it is ten model years old already. Betcha it is still sitting on an MSO (never been titled).

Do what to you? Show you that there are NSX's that get driven less than yours???? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

HAHAHAHAHA! priceless...sorry Supra2nv I've put more miles on my Imola since getting it in June than you. We are all egging you on that's all.:biggrin:

:eek: amazing ... i think the price is fair ...
OScar

No offense or anything, but i'd much rather have an '03 (like my car) with 29k miles for less $$.

Mostly because that car will depreciate VERY quickly as you drive it....

Unless you plan on not driving it as has been the case....

But then why buy it? There are enough car museums out there!

That car still needs a new timing belt/water pump etc etc due to age.
Who knows what else since it has been out driving around.

Do what to you? Show you that there are NSX's that get driven less than yours???? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Im glad someone else said it! I seem to get in trouble when I make those comments about Jack's driving habits! :wink:

No offense or anything, but i'd much rather have an '03 (like my car) with 29k miles for less $$.

Mostly because that car will depreciate VERY quickly as you drive it....

Unless you plan on not driving it as has been the case....

But then why buy it? There are enough car museums out there!

That car still needs a new timing belt/water pump etc etc due to age.
Who knows what else since it has been out driving around.

All very good points, the way I see is that this NSX inn question was 89K less than 1k miles ago, yes TB must be replaced and what not, BUT, if someone always had a dream to own a NEW NSX this could be it, 30 something K bellow, + the price of the actual sale might be a bit lower .. also in a long run, let's say, 5 years still the "value" will hold somehow if miles are prudent .. remember, this car is basically NEW .... that you can't find every day ..
OScar

Being sold by an Acura dealer, they had better change out the belts, hoses, TB/WP, put on new tires, before selling the car!!!

dollars & sense...

For those who care, throwin' out some numbers:

'99 NSX-T w/ 992 miles
$57,990: Asking-price (Pre-TTL)
$88,000: Original MSRP (excluding Destination-charge)
$77,439: Invoice-price (excluding Destination-charge)

[most new-models generally sold near or slightly above invoice, as there as a $7,000 - $8,000 Acura-to-dealer incentive (possibly even more) around that time]

'99 NSX-T w/ 55k miles (avg. for NSX, ~5k/year)
$37,500 - $42,500: Market-value* (based on actual transactions observed as-of-late)

* = obviously dependent on title status, accident/collision history, maint'/service, wear-&-tear/consumables, int'/ext' condition, mods', etc'. . .

So, 9 months ago dealers were asking 36K for 93 NSX with 60K miles in average .... now a 1999 55K (assuming after negotiations) NSX with less than 1K miles is overpriced? ... as far i remember 99's were selling in the mid 40's to high 40's again, less than 10 months ago .....

I am confused ..
Oscar

have you been sleeping for the past 9 months?

i was trying to be ironic ... i got my X for 7K less of what the dealer wanted in April .. so that I can tell that I know, not sleeping here.

Is just this price changes are crazy that's all ...
OScar

be realistic...

So, 9 months ago dealers were asking 36K for 93 NSX with 60K miles in average ....
Dunno where/who/what dealers you speak of, but I didn't encounter such. Yes, '91-'94 NSX 5spd' coupes w/ well below 30k miles were in the private-market for $35,000 - $37,500 within the past year. And anyone/anywhere can ask what they wish, it's all together a different matter as to what it'll actually sell for!
oscar_driver said:
now a 1999 55K (assuming after negotiations) NSX with less than 1K miles is overpriced? ...
Well, that's all relative to what the actual buyer feels, not what tire-kickers & mouse-clickers iterate.

What I personally feel, as well as seemingly a great many others is that for "$55k" or the listed "$57,990", a lot more NSX can be acquired in terms of model-year & mods', etc'.

oscar_driver said:
as far i remember 99's were selling in the mid 40's to high 40's again, less than 10 months ago .....
Were they actually selling for that amount, or was that the listed/asking amount by the respective sellers? Obviously, mileage/mods' can swing a price a few G's in either direction. As aforementioned, there's a big difference between actual selling price & actual asking price. . .

I've been eying the market somewhat assertively for the past year or so, in particular the:

- '91-'94 NSX coupe 5spd's in Berlina-black/Onyx
- '97 NSX-T 6spd's in Berlina-black/Onyx
- '97-'99 NSX-T 6spd's in Kaiser-silver/Onyx
- '02 NSX-T 6spd's in Berlina-black/Red-or-Onyx & Silverstone-metallic/Silver-or-Onyx

On-topic... if I was in the market for a NA2 6spd' NSX-T, pre-'02 facelift/update, for $50k - $52.5k, this '99 NSX-T 6spd' w/ 992 miles would be somewhat intriguing as I would intend to keep it long-term & drive it w/o hesitation. This is how I would see it in my simplistic mind: 5yrs & 50k miles later, I don't see it being worth less than $32.5k for it's age/mileage (just going by what a 15 year old '91 was worth 3 or so years ago, as a % of it's original MSRP). Another 5yrs & 50k miles (meaning nearly 20yrs old & 100k miles total), it's plausible it'd be worth $25k (as clean '91 NSX 5spd's w/ 100k miles can be acquired for such, being nearly 20 yrs old). But, of-course the residual values could conceivably be higher (being that '97+ models were produced in much less numbers than the earlier models, etc'). . .

Anywayz... as noted by DrVolkL, there is significant depreciation to be experienced w/ this particular NSX if it's driven. . .

Last edited:
Im glad someone else said it! I seem to get in trouble when I make those comments about Jack's driving habits! :wink:

Jack has no driving habits!!! More like parking, drooling and looking at other cars with lower miles than his.
We need to all gather round him and have a intervention, before this gets worse...... :wink:

When I first saw this add, I just skipped as I figured the mileage was a misprint.
If you glance through the pictures, you will notice that the trip oddometer hasn't even been pushed.

Why on earth would someone buy a car and just store it? There must be a story behind it.

Either the person died or just hated the car! Mabe it was the color!!
very odd indeed.
Has anyone in the area from NSXPRIME seen this car in person?

Someone will buy this car at the asking price before spring!

Back