For anyone considering JH4NA1156MT000395 in SoCal. AutoCheck attached.

This higher-mileage red NSX is currently listed on Autotrader at $36,000 (was $34,500 a week ago :mad:). Anyway, many positives IMO: First-year car, stock, two-owner car (first owner ~23 years), great service history, clean CARFAX, CA-only car, transmission not in snap-ring range, everything functional, and local.

Chatted with the seller a bit and set up a time to view the car. As always, it's a very good idea to run both CARFAX and AutoCheck. The seller provided the CARFAX which again looked good with no accidents and some detail on service history and emissions testing. However, I ran the AutoCheck and it shows an accident early in the car's life (01/94) and describes the accident as "ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE REPORTED: FRONT END RIGHT". Not exactly sure how AutoCheck pulled data that old.

I informed the seller, and he seemed genuinely unaware of the accident and maybe even disappointed. He said he's had the car on the lift multiple times, and nothing lead him to believe it was in accident. I decided to view the car anyway, and since I knew where to look, I wanted to try to determine the severity of the accident and the quality of the repair/replacement work. Main concern is of course the repair of an all-aluminum car back in 1994. Long story short(er), if I wasn't aware of the accident, I probably wouldn't have any suspicion of any repair. But when looking under the hood and comparing the left side to the good right side (especially the caulking), it's apparent. So that's a shame. Otherwise, the rest of the car was good.

Not sure if the accident is a deal-breaker per se, but correct me if I'm wrong, the $36k asking price is not realistic.

I've attached the AutoCheck.

Attachments

One of the eBay seller tries to make me believe he's parting out this exact car. Crashed and totaled already? Does anyone know current owner?

One of the eBay seller tries to make me believe he's parting out this exact car. Crashed and totaled already? Does anyone know current owner?

The vin showed up in the salvage thread.

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/148395-Salvages

b6c2dca5-e14e-4b6f-9e24-37c552a5aa81_zps6fyv2wab.jpg

734c57e5-b1a1-4c43-875b-b8b4fdff7794_zpsprm0biej.jpg

Back