flip up headlight look

I know every one has there own taste, but I like the flip up lights better than the 02 look.I keep seeing people changing over.Anyone else feel the same way.You like the na1 look better?

Changing to the 02+ headlights do make the NSX less dated. Some people like the fixed headlights, and some like the retractable headlights. I personally like the retractable headlights more (with 6-speed). That is why I was specifically looking for a 97 to 01 NSX. As long as you like what you have, that's what matters.:smile:

I prefer the flip up style better then the newer look that is why I changed just the side skirts and rear valance (+02). Got the best of both worlds, for me anyway.

By the way where is the NA1/NA2 stands for the engine not the body type guy?:rolleyes:

i used to really like the retractable headlight look way better. (when i first saw the fixed headlights at detroit in the autoshow, i thought they ruined the car)

but now, the fixed headlights have grown on me - i guess for the same reason some others mentioned.... it does make it look more up-to-date.

BUT i still think that, when the flip ups are up..... the car looks way better.

The fixed light have grown on me also especially after seeing someone do a led angel eyes mod on them also there are more after market bumpers which work with them.

Flip up. The 02 is just so big and out there. look at a 355 flip up.

When I first saw the flush mounted headlamps, I thought that Acura had ruined the NSX. After seeing it alittle more, I want to do a conversion. On certain colors it makes the car look so much more exotic and less dated. Not to mention that the car will be more aerodynamic and weight 30 lbs less.

I fell in love with the flip up lights but honestly I kinda like the 02 alot more because of the type R!!!:smile:

Personally, I am a sucker for any car with hidden headlights. That is one of a million reasons I bought mine. I would not change them if someone GAVE me new fixed headlights. Some day I may change to HIDs though. I like the extra brightness. It broke my heart to see fixed headlights on NSX, Corvettes, Ferraris, etc. But if you like them, then go for it. That is what makes us all individuals.

I love them all but I'm starting to lean towards the fixed lights for the weight savings and because I like the look of the front bumper with no turn signals.

On certain colors it makes the car look so much more exotic and less dated.

This is very true. It looks great on the bright colored cars like white, orange, and red. I think that the fixed lights take away from certain colors like black cars though, maybe if you painted the inside black on the black cars it would look better.

The 02+ bumper is much better IMO.

I have always preferred the flip up headlights. (this goes back to my first 2 cars being a corvette and a fiero :redface: )

I like the flip-ups because they're part of the integrated design package for this specific car as it was originally concieved. The fixed lights were a cop-out by Honda who should have been giving us a whole new car, complete with fixed lights.
The fixed lights have grown on me, though. I'd take an 02+.

This is very true. It looks great on the bright colored cars like white, orange, and red. I think that the fixed lights take away from certain colors like black cars though, maybe if you painted the inside black on the black cars it would look better.

The 02+ bumper is much better IMO.

This is sooo true. See, I really like the flip ups as it is a reminiscent of those 'knight rider' days. :smile: But in my opinion, the 2002 front bumper look way better. That is why I am going to put on the 2002+ front bumper on my 92 NSX just like Mike C's. I think this combination is a killer look.

i prefer the stealth hidden light, looks awesome on black cars
but hate it when theyre popped up.
on the good side again,
the NSX is the only car that has the most attractive design of pop-ups headlights compared to any other car in the world.
don't you think so?

just do 02+ conversion and call it a day

NA1/NA2 refers to chassis code.
C30A/C32B refers to engine code.
:biggrin:

The flips look a lot more exotic and streamlined. The fixed lights slightly interrupt the natural lines of the car, whereas the 91-01's do not.

Don't get me wrong, if someone wanted to trade me their 02'+ for my car, I would have no qualms:biggrin:

I don't know if this makes sense but the fixed lights look more modern but more common at the same time. It looks like the rest of the cars out there... 350Z, RSX, etc. They all have fixed lights...

I loved the look of the 355 and that's what the NSX reminds me of when the lights are down.

Unlike other cheap looking flip lights, the NSX flip lights do not come out very high and look pretty nice still.

I'm beginning to like the fixed lights now but when I first saw them they looked like "bug" eyes.

Personally, I am a sucker for any car with hidden headlights. That is one of a million reasons I bought mine. I would not change them if someone GAVE me new fixed headlights. Some day I may change to HIDs though. I like the extra brightness. It broke my heart to see fixed headlights on NSX, Corvettes, Ferraris, etc. But if you like them, then go for it. That is what makes us all individuals.

+1

Back