First time NSX Buyer needing advice

Hello All,

I am looking into buying an NSX for the first time and I came across this great site. Does anyone have any advice on a NSX for sale in Phoenix Arizona (My home town)? The NSX is in great shape, but I am a little concerned about the miles (57k). What do you all think about the price and mileage? What kind of mileage can I expect out of a 1995 NSX? (See Link Below)

Thanks in advance!

Sincerely

New member looking for help
Kris Taylor
Phoenix Arizona

Link to 1995 NSX Info:
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...year=1995&car_year=1995&cardist=29&advcd_on=n

Welcome, Kris. If you haven't checked the pricing guide in the FAQ, I highly recommend you do so. The mileage, while a little higher than normal (5k/yr is the norm for an NSX) is nothing to be concerned about. Properly maintained, an NSX should easily last 100k, 200k+ miles. The price seems a little high according to the pricing guide, however, and there's definitely room for negotiation. Another thing to check is the maintenance history. The timing belt and water pump are due for replacement by now, and check the climate control system as well as bose speakers (which are prone to failure due to their design). If you are serious about purchasing this car, I would take it to Basch Acura for an inspection. Meanwhile, be sure to read up on the FAQ to familiarize yourself with the NSX.

Good luck!

I also believe this price is high. I purchased my 96 with 22000 miles for less than that. Remember to be patient while looking for your NSX. I know that it gets very tempting every time you find one you like, but patience is the key to a successful purchase.

HTH

I have to agree with TucAZNSX. The price seems a little high. It took me four months to find the NSX of my dreams, and a lot of people spend more time than that. Be very patient, and be sure to read up on the FAQ on this website. This site was extremely valuable to me and the information came in very helpful.

Good luck!:)

Mike

Hello All,

Thank you for your advice, this information is of great help It is very tempting when you get behind the wheel of beutiful car like the NSX. I have never driven one, but now that I have driven one I can not imagine wanting any other sports car. I was also not too happy about the color and mileage of the car once I saw it in daytime. I think I will keep looking.

Once Again Thank You!!!

Good people

Kris, For some odd reason the Phoenix area seems to have many more NSX's (or maybe I'm imagining it), so you should be able to find something that meets your needs. You also have some good people down there that I'm sure will lend a hand at looking cars over. Good luck, and welcome.

Back