First post - new owner of 2004 NSX intro

With all the $ you're saving on maint. from the other car, you can do whatever you please with it!

Thanks all! Warm welcome appreciated. Gonna go with Pride V2, intake scoop, front stabilizer and some spacers. Take it to the track and go from there. I want to relish the sweet handling and driver involvement. Any other suggestions welcome, keep em coming.

Welcome!

From time to time you may find a Tubi exhaust for the NSX go up for sale. As previously stated, it won't sound as good as your old 360 Tubi, but IMO it's the best sounding exhaust. I tried several exhausts until I finally got my hands on a brand new Tubi... nice growl, without any drone or being too "attention getting" loud.

I also recommend upgrading to louder horns because I found that nobody ever sees you in a lowered nsx, so you have to honk at everyone to avoid being hit!

Thanks all! Warm welcome appreciated. Gonna go with Pride V2, intake scoop, front stabilizer and some spacers. Take it to the track and go from there. I want to relish the sweet handling and driver involvement. Any other suggestions welcome, keep em coming.

Brake pads. Carbotech XP 8 and 10. My stock brakes with these pads gripped better than my Stoptech big brake kit. It will "feel" much better on the track too.

If you ever see a STMPO FCB or RSTB chassis bars for sale, buy them.

So I decided to start with SOS Endura Lite exhaust, Type R front sway bar and Downforce AIS - will get them installed in a few weeks. Gonna hold off on spacers - getting conflicting advice on them for the track - although the look is nicer, i dont want to compromise safety/performance. Guys at SOS were helpful... i hope the exhaust isnt too crazy!!

That exhaust is lighter than the pride, and it flows better. It won't sound as good though. Not a bad choice, I always like light. I have the front R sway bar, good fit, but it is still too thin. The NSX can use a lot more. Still, it will make a big difference over the puny stock bar. Spacers will not affect you adversely so long as you are not changing the front and rear ratio too much. You've changed your suspension more with the springs than spacers would ever do. Safety and quality have more to do with the spacer setup than anything. If you want it easy, bolt on, it's not as good. If you want it solid, you must replace all your wheel studs with longer ones, preferably hardened ones by ARP. Don't go the "integrated stud" route and you are actually improving on OEM not taking away. I won't do anything on my car that compromises on track performance. So I research everything thoroughly. I wouldn't give you bad advice. Spacers with ARP bolts, and a proper alignment will not only make it look better but handle better. Proper alignment is key on this car. If you wish to keep your OEM wheels with spacers and go with longer studs like I am recommending, you will run into a lugnut problem. The OEM's are not deep enough, and only one company makes aftermarket lugs that fit OEM wheels and are deep enough. SCW performance. So you'd need a set of those. The STMPO braces I recommended will really stiffen the chassis, and make your Targa flex less and be more responsive on or off track. There is no drawback to these parts. While there are many braces on the market, STMPO's were the only ones that were made of welded, one piece, chromoly steel. A lot of braces are more show and feel good than anything else.

Last edited:
I would listen to Turbo2go on everything but remember that he is color blind. He sees silver as blue.

Nice car and do all the things that Turbo suggested.

I may be Color blind but at least I can tell the difference between a classic exotic and a car modeled after a frog!

I would never TRACK my car inless I had a oil pan baffle. taking a corner and all the oil is pulled to the side of the pan, and your engine is getting no oil till the oil sloshes back to the bottom.

starve your engine of oil your asking for trouble later on.

they say hmmmm I track my car all the time, with no problem, ummmm... have you taking your engine apart and see whats no oil has really done. well ummmm no... then shut up LOL

Oil pan baffle is a good item for sure and cheap. But it's not as bad as Shawn is making it sound, if you are on street tires and not taking sustained high speed turns you're not in any sort of immediate danger. Honda designed it better than that sort of lameness. But it is good insurance and if you start getting really fast on the track and are pulling higher and highe g's you should have one. It's like $50... But you have to pull the pan off. Not a terribly difficult thing but a bit time consuming. Especially with aftermarket headers.

Back