Finally, my dream come true....

I have been waiting to make this post for about 5-6 years. I have been reading everything I can on this site and learning all I can about the car that I have been obsessing over for so long and I want to thank all of you for your help and this site for all its information so I knew what to look for.
I just bought my new 91 red on black 5 speed last thursday. With only 29K miles on the clock, it is in unbelievable shape. I flew with my friend down to El Paso, TX thursday morning to pick up the car from the owner. He was very very helpful with picking us up from the airport and made the whole buying experience a great one.
After completing the transaction my friend and I started the 2000 mile trip back here to michigan. We drove to my dads house in denver the first day, by the time we got there we had been up for 21 hours traveling, it was a long day, but a great one.
The second day we drove to my parents house in Iowa, once we got down to lower elevation....the car was night and day differance in power....a very nice suprise.
Then the third day we made the trek home here to the detroit area. I think once i pulled into the driveway is when it finally hit me that my dream had come true. Even now its hard to believe that I finally have one after lusting for so long and being on this site just about everyday, not to mention driving my girlfriend nuts from talking about it constantly.
Attached are a few pics we took of the car in new mexico the first day and of me with the last owner before we took off (the bra was on only for the trip).
I am looking forward to years of enjoyment with the car and hope to meet up with some of you!
Ryan
12656DSC03998-1.jpg

12656DSC03994-1.jpg

12656DSC03993-1.jpg

12656DSC03966-1.jpg

Your top picture should be picture of the month on this website!

Congrats!

Great to see you got your car and you got it homoe safely. A few of us met up today and hopefully it is a sign of bigger things to come. There ae a lot of us Michigan guys itching to get a meet together and hope to meet you soon. :smile:

BTW..........Those pics are really nice.

congrats on the purchase and nice picture you took there...

Congrats...it is such an amazingly smooth and fun car....have fun!:biggrin:

Congratulations! Dream finally coming true! beautiful car, looks just like mine!:biggrin: Glad you had a great journey home and got home safely, anybody wanted to race you? Now don't keep going back to the garage to gawk at the car now:tongue:

Yes, I must say it was a very nice car to drive such a long ways, very comfortable. No one tried to race me...and I wasn't about to try to get any tickets and kept it at 5 over pretty much the whole time....ok so I did double the speed limit one time.....since there was no one else in sight.
Just brought it into work here today....I've spent most of the morning showing it to people and giving rides.....even having spent 3 days and 2000 miles in it.....I still get excited just seeing it out in the parking lot.
Also thanks for the comments on the pics, I have to give credit to my friend for taking them. We figured it was a good backdrop to take some pictures, plus I needed to get some chapstick out of the truck too....haha.

Congrats guy! beautiful car! Can't wait to meet you at one of our first meets.

Congrats! Looks really clean!

congrats!!! brings back memories of the day I flew up to Oregon and picked up my first NSX:biggrin:

Even when I become rich enough to afford a new F430, I will always have an NSX!!!:tongue:

Enjoy!!!:smile:

Back