Finally got my dream car!!!

Hello everybody. Well, after many years of dreaming of owning an NSX I finally reached that stage in my life where I could actually afford one. I graduated college, got a great job, and then found a great deal on a 1999 NSX. This is my absolute dream car!!! As I said, it’s a 1999 NSX in Spa Yellow with many Comptech goodies. The modifications include a Comptech Super charger with 9lb. kit, headers, exhaust, power grip II clutch, 4.55 R&P, intake with UNI filter, and an APEX VAFC for tuning. As far as suspension, it has been lowered with comptech springs and sits on 17/18 BBS RSII wheels.

I just got the car about two months ago and it runs great (it only has 19,000 miles on it). I even bought my first after market part for it, a SOS coolant overflow tank.

Even before I bought the car, I was reading Prime about 4 times a day to constantly educate myself on my dream car. However, I have a question that I could not find using the search engine. I want to replace my main relay because of all the threads that talk about them being notorious for going bad. I also wanted to replace the fuel pump relay because I noticed it was clicking. From reading prime, I know the fuel pump relay is supposed to click, but it seems to be clicking a lot and kind of loud. The car runs great so I just want to make sure nothing goes wrong in the future.

This is where I am a little confused, I called the dealer to order the main relay and fuel pump relay and they said there is no fuel pump relay and that the main relay controls the fuel pump. According to the service manual I downloaded from prime, it says there is a fuel pump relay. Being as I have a 1999 is it the same as the 1991 or did they get rid of the fuel pump relay?

Well thanks in advance for helping me out and I hope to meet as many prime members and NSX owners as I can. You guys are the best!!!!

Thank you Redshift and E211AMG for welcoming me to the forum. I thought I would have received more welcomes and answers to my question (I also posted it in the Technical Forum), but oh well. Thanks again for the warm welcome and I hope to see you guys around!!!

welcome to the family. sounds like you got yourself a heck of a car. Spa Yellow and comptech supercharger. Wow. Lets see some pics of nsx

Congrats on the NSX!! I know that on my '91 the main relay went out and left me on the side of the road....not sure if that is the same thing you are looking for or not.

Congratz!!! Just got mine a week ago and what a feeling! Took me 14 years. Enjoy!

Congrats on the new car purchase. I hope you enjoy it!! Welcome to the forum.

Back