Finally Got My Car and Impressions compared to s2k.

Thanks for all the replies everybody. Thank you captainj(Jason) for the info on the engine bay. The car rides on the 02+ stock wheels(the chrome) ones. And the rubbers are bridgestone potenza re760 sport. Maybe I will try the Advans come spring. Oh I've been busy at work so I haven't had the chance to take some pics. Its been snowing like crazy here in New England but I promise pics will come soon.

Just so you know, the Avans are a little pricey. The only reason I got them instead of the "star specs" was because they were on sale and it only cost me an extra 100 bucks. They are equal from what I have heard, so the star specs are a better choice. That being said, I love my tires:)

Looking forward to future posts - and take some pictures if even just from the garage!

J

Congratulations on your purchase! If the handling is not as you like it, I would suggest two things:

1.) Confirm the alignment is spec. I had a fairly terrifying experience driving my NSX in the rain back from Chicago after I bought it. Turned out the alignment was completely out of whack and once that was fixed, the issues were COMPLETELY gone. Totally different car.

2.) The car in its targa form benefits greatly from stiffer chassis and anti-sway bars. I went with the Type-Rs but I think there are even stronger bars available from certain aftermarket vendors. Hit up Dave (TURBO2GO) who is local and has researched available modifications extensively (and bought most of them at one point or another :P ).

Also, once it warms up, let us know if you're interested in having a little track crack. :)

Liquid is right get the alignment checked. My NSX was not scary at all just turn in seemed very sluggish compared to my S2000. I had just about zero toe up front. I changed this to .7 toe out and had the caster set to 8.5. I coupled this with almost 1 deg negative camber and the car is now very responsive to turn in. Much closer to my S2000.

Back