Finally got an NSX

Well, recently I got a NSX from a fellow board member. This is my first nsx I'm not sure If I really like it. LOL Well for the most part the car is in pretty good shape and as described. Minus a small ac problem. Well I got the car and it had a goofy set of wheels and carbon c/f wing. So I put the stock wing back on and some wheels I had sitting around and here it is a 91 ctc'd NSX
ad6af6b0.jpg

Well, recently I got a NSX from a fellow board member. This is my first nsx I'm not sure If I really like it. LOL Well for the most part the car is in pretty good shape and as described. Minus a small ac problem. Well I got the car and it had a goofy set of wheels and carbon c/f wing. So I put the stock wing back on and some wheels I had sitting around and here it is a 91 ctc'd NSX
ad6af6b0.jpg

Congrat....

The wheels made the car looks kinda high.....

i am not sure if words like that have ever been written on this forum. Seems silly to buy a car you arent sure you like.

I felt you, if it's a 2002+, you might like it a little bit more. Congrats.

I hadn't driven one in awhile and went ahead and purchased it. I like the looks and the styling of the car just driving it wasn't what I recalled. I had a 993 c4s before it and i still have an exige, m coupe, and e30 m3. Its growing on me though.It looks a lot better on these wheels than the wheels before it
IMG_4917.jpg

Last edited:
At least one M Coupe owner who drove my car said mine was much better - rawer, more direct, more go karty - than his.

But, different strokes I guess :rolleyes:

At least one M Coupe owner who drove my car said mine was much better - rawer, more direct, more go karty - than his.

But, different strokes I guess :rolleyes:
Just like apples and oranges, german cars are a lot different than japanese. Maybe the 4x4 status is throwing me off. Need to lower it but man its got a smooth ride compared to my other cars.

I hope you are refering to the work wheels and not the other ones, but if the work wheels are the ones you replaced with the other ones ,let me know if you want me to take those ugly things (work wheels)off youre hands (they are one of my favorite wheels that I have never had):biggrin:

I hope you are refering to the work wheels and not the other ones, but if the work wheels are the ones you replaced with the other ones ,let me know if you want me to take those ugly things (work wheels)off youre hands (they are one of my favorite wheels that I have never had):biggrin:

I replaced those funky ones with the works. they're prob my favorite wheels. I was going to put a set of gram light 57c pro on there but I think the works look pretty good! I need to change the exhaust and lower it as well. It has comptech exhaust but looks like some one replaced the comptech muffler with magnaflow ones. Its god awful loud.

Last edited:
If your AC issue is that it only works on full blast, you just need to have your climate control unit rebuilt. BrianK on this forum does a great job for a modest fee or if you are a paid member of the forum I think he will do it for free(BrianK or someone can correct me if I am wrong).

If your AC issue is that it only works on full blast, you just need to have your climate control unit rebuilt. BrianK on this forum does a great job for a modest fee or if you are a paid member of the forum I think he will do it for free(BrianK or someone can correct me if I am wrong).

No the CCU is in good shape, we've narrowed it down to evap core or the expansion valve. I was told ac blew cold but wasn't told it only blows cold when going down the highway LOL

Check the (2) fuses for the condeser fans. I had the same problem and found that one of the fuses was tripped. cost - free :)

since the car has a ctsc power should be adequate(provided it is working properly) so if the driving experience is still not as you expected,then check the tires for wear/pressure,then see how old the dampers are,if original then they need replacement,lastly alignment, which may be out of spec...I have seen too many older cars change hand and all of them had some maintainance issue whish the previous owners neglected,which degraded the otherwise sublime driving experience.

since the car has a ctsc power should be adequate(provided it is working properly) so if the driving experience is still not as you expected,then check the tires for wear/pressure,then see how old the dampers are,if original then they need replacement,lastly alignment, which may be out of spec...I have seen too many older cars change hand and all of them had some maintainance issue whish the previous owners neglected,which degraded the otherwise sublime driving experience.
Its up to par in the suspension department, I guess with 350+rwhp I expected a different sort of power band. Overall the car drives nice its growing on me just got to change a few more things. The red interior crap really drives me nuts. Going to fix it this afternoon once I get it back from its valve adjustment.

Back