Finally finished my garage!

So, here in Denver, I don't get much opportunity to drive in the winter...and I HAD to have a winter car project...here is my completed winter project...what ya think?

Attachments

• Finished Garage1.JPG
    Finished Garage1.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,197
Wow, what a coincidence. My winter project has been my garage as well. I've done a lot to mine, too, and my last task is to do the floor. What did you use for your flooring? Is it epoxy, tile, or some type of flooring like Racedeck? I'm looking to do a cool checkerboard pattern, but I don't plan on spending the $1000+ that the Racedeck would cost.

Last edited:
good job on the garage. That looks like Racedeck flooring to me (that's what I used in my garage).

Viper driver..... I would consider Racedeck. I know it's pricey but you'll only do this once so why not do it right. It's really easy to install and it's makes a HUGE difference in the look (as you can see)

Nice! I need to get my garage done too. I was considering paint for the floors which will be much less expensive then Racedeck, but I'm thinking the Racedeck will be more durable. I like the Laminate, but might go with the Diamond Tile as it has more color choices.

I love the flooring! Looks amazing! I want to do that to mine.

Question. Does doing that raise the value of your home? or Do you take it out when you sell it?

I wanted to buy a house with a garage before seeing your site; now I must dump my condo and move ASAP!!! Dude, that garage is sweet!!

Very nice garage! I wish i was able to do that. I need a new garage, probably a bigger one too. Having a 2 car garage and trying to cram 4 cars is too little too much for me.

Thanks everyone...it was a fun project...

1. Flooring is MotorMat...I liked it cause it was easy to install like Racedeck...but what really sold me was it is perforated...I have seen dust and dirt drop into the small holes (half the size of a pencil eraser) and I don't have to clean...also, it was less expensive than Racedeck

2. One of the key reasons I did the project, besides just wanting to do it, is that a number of real estate agents have told me a finished garage in my area adds substantial value on resale!

3. I got most of the banners and posters from ebay a while back...so, I really can't help there

4. Another motivation for the floor was if I want, I can take it with me...it disassembles very easy...adding to home value was my primary reason...it is a full three-car garage and the cost was less than $1600

I looked into a lot of different products from other people on this site who had worked on their garages...so, really the thanks is to Prime and its previous contributers...

Last edited:
Nice job! I really like the border you painted on the walls.
I have spent a several weekends on my garage this winter as well. Just have the floor to do and a few small things.
I am leaning towards racedeck circle trac in alloy. I can't find them for less than $2.99 per foot delivered. I also like the fact that I can take them with me when I get a bigger garage for me...and bigger house for the wife.

Pls post more pics if you have them!!!

nice... now seeing the pix give me motivation to go ahead and start my garage project/ funny thing is that everytime i schedule to work on the garage, wifie some how decides to drag me along to drive her to go shopping :frown:
nice floor. i was planning of doing the samething using vinyl tyles.
but i think i like that Motomats.
Question. if it has holes in it that means it lets the water drain out aslong with dirt to fall through. but what if u drop something small on the floor like a tiny screw or washer and if falls through the hole... will the floor tile pop out easily with out removing alot of the tiles? :confused:

I too am in the process of upgrading the garage in the new home we moved into.

Just got the order in from John / Anytime racing for the BendPak single post lift. Also doing the drywall/prime/paint, installing workbench & cabinets, and ordering the custom floor tiles. I am going with the tiles availible through Costco here http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?prodid=11004805&whse=&topnav=&cat=&s=1

Others swear these are the exact same as the racedeck at a fraction of the cost. We shall see about that! Anyway - they are from Costco and Costco has incredible customer service / returns so if I don't like them they will refund 100% plus shipping costs inbound and outbound.

I am going with the black and grey checkerboard as I doubt I can keep the white looking that nice.

Anyway - great job and looks like a lot of folks are spending time and money on the garage this winter!

Mike the Garage looks great.

Matteni, hurry the hell up with your garage. I gotta have some place to work on my car. If I ever get it back. :smile:
Len

matteni said:
I too am in the process of upgrading the garage in the new home we moved into.

Just got the order in from John / Anytime racing for the BendPak single post lift. Also doing the drywall/prime/paint, installing workbench & cabinets, and ordering the custom floor tiles. I am going with the tiles availible through Costco here http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?prodid=11004805&whse=&topnav=&cat=&s=1

Others swear these are the exact same as the racedeck at a fraction of the cost. We shall see about that! Anyway - they are from Costco and Costco has incredible customer service / returns so if I don't like them they will refund 100% plus shipping costs inbound and outbound.

I am going with the black and grey checkerboard as I doubt I can keep the white looking that nice.

Anyway - great job and looks like a lot of folks are spending time and money on the garage this winter!

mmmikemo said:
So, here in Denver, I don't get much opportunity to drive in the winter...and I HAD to have a winter car project...here is my completed winter project...what ya think?

Mike - I really like the 2 tone paint and the yellow stripe. Is the stripe painted on or is it a border, tape, etc. Any project details and tips are much appreciated!

matteni said:
I am going with the tiles availible through Costco here http://www.costco.com/Browse/Productgroup.aspx?prodid=11004805&whse=&topnav=&cat=&s=1

Wow....they are still going to cost me about $850.00 for my garage. I could mask off my garage and do two-toned epoxy for a little over $100!.

Sorry, but I still think that this much money for plastic tiles is WAY too much $$.

Viper Driver said:
Wow....they are still going to cost me about $850.00 for my garage. I could mask off my garage and do two-toned epoxy for a little over $100!.

Sorry, but I still think that this much money for plastic tiles is WAY too much $$.

They ARE expensive and I agree - paint is way cheaper. I tried 3 times to paint my last garage and it always looked bad after 2 years. I tried everything the "experts" said would "last forever".

:(

Back