Finally did it!

Like so many here, I finally got my dream car after years of dreaming of owning one. I purchased my NSX at Focus Auto Sales , its a 93 Blk/Blk , sittin on 18/19's. It needs a few things fixed like the radio, but thats no biggie since i plan on upgrading that.

Trafic(LA) sucked on my way home, but when i got to the Oxnard outskirts, i got a chance to stretch its legs on PCH. Woah! this thing can move.

First on my priority list is to fix/upgrade the radio. i'll most likely get a kenwood touch screen headunit. It came with an Alpine CD changer which i'm gonna sell, any takers? I'm gonna use my ipod with the kenwood headunit once i get it, since i have the ipod interface already for kenwood.

Next I want to add HID lighting. thats an easy one.

I hope to join you all next time there's a big get together. Man I feel so good!

Herman

Congrats!!! NSXPO next week? We are going to be having a big barbeque meeting get together next month at Georges house instead of the monthly meeting. He lives in TO, so its close to you. A video game tournament (on a 65" DSP TV!) and a foosball tournament. On display will be OVER 500(correct,five hundred) model cars ranging from 1/18th scale on up.. This is a must see!
Take care,
JOhn :biggrin:

Thanks Guys!!

Anytime, what are the dates for NSXPO? I'll have to check at work and make sure I dont have my monthly weekend drill. If its not, i'm sure i can make it, at least for a day.

As for the next month's meeting, i'm not sure if I'll be around for that. I have to be in Arkansas Oct 12. Sounds like its gonna be fun though.

NsXMas, most definetely, we can hit the range, but as you can see i'm leaving for Arkansas in a couple weeks. I'll be back mid December, so anytime after that would be cool.

I'll have pics posted up tomorrow hopefully. My cam is broken, so I'm gonna have to borrow my brother's. Its getting late , so i'm off to bed.

Congrats on another NSX Owner....I'm in Oxnard most of the time (Work in the Base)and would like to check it out...I can bring mine this Friday..

Congrats again.
Mike

congrats!!! is it the NSX with black rims and a chrome lip?? i remember seeing a red one also.(i always drive by that way) what made you buy the black??(color preference?) or was there something not desirable about the red one? i know the black one had more miles. just wondering. congrats on the purchase again, and welcome to NSX bliss :smile:

hey congrats man. seems like a lot of you out in california area. good luck with the X!

you think it moves now....wait till you slap a supercharger on it!

Mojorator, I work in Pt Mugu, on the Air National Guard side. Which base do you work at? hit me up whenever you get a chance. (805)200-6100

enesexdreamer, yes it is the black one with black rims and polished/chrome lip. It came down to color preference. I grew up with my dad owning mostly red cars, kinda dont like red now. Yes, it did have more miles, but I can live with it.

Congrats on the purchase and enjoy!! I'd like to see some pics too please!!

NSXrebel said:
Mojorator, I work in Pt Mugu, on the Air National Guard side. Which base do you work at? hit me up whenever you get a chance. (805)200-6100

I'm in Port Hueneme Base..I'll give you a call later.

Mike

hey CONGRATS!

Saw that car last week! Exterior looks very clean!I noticed it has GPS antena at near the engine cover. I was wondering where it was connected?

I took a pic of my friend who was interested on the red one.

8153sept23_05_029-med.jpg

Grrr.... my car wont start!! :mad: I think its the relay because i dont hear the fuel pump working when i turn the ignition on. It just started doing this last night, intermittently. I remember having the same problem when I used to have a CRX. How much does a relay cost? and is it easy to get to? I hope its not a bad fuel pump. I'm also gonna replace the fuel filters while i'm at it.

Its the Main Relay thats going bad, i banged on it and voila, its started right up. Looks like i'll be going to the Honda dealer tomorrow. Yes, Honda dealer, I get 25% discount on parts there. I ordered my floor mats today, $80. I think they were over $100 regular price.

NSXrebel said:
Grrr.... my car wont start!! :mad: I think its the relay because i dont hear the fuel pump working when i turn the ignition on. It just started doing this last night, intermittently. I remember having the same problem when I used to have a CRX. How much does a relay cost? and is it easy to get to? I hope its not a bad fuel pump. I'm also gonna replace the fuel filters while i'm at it.

When I talk to the owner he said that he would give a 1 month or 1000 miles warranty on all the vehicles they were selling..so you might want to check with them...

Ok, the problem has been fixed. I took out the Main relay an opened it up. Upon closer inspection I found the solder points had broken off. Soldering iron and a few minutes of work took care of it.

Back