Finally an NSX owner!

TAG

Experienced Member
I looked all over the country for an automatic transmission NSX, and eventually found one in my own backyard (30 miles from my home)! :smile: It's a 1997 Monte Carlo Blue Pearl NSX T, with a camel color interior.

I had the NSX certified mechanics at Las Vegas Acura go over the car and they found no problems of any significance. The car is wonderful, and I look forward to being an active member of the NSX community!

Congrats......I am sure that you will be very happy. I have met so many great people in my few months of ownership. It is a great community. Don't forget to join the NSXCA. http://www.nsxca.org It will help you meet folks and see whats up with other NSXers plus the Magazine you get is really very well done.......Steve

95EagleAWD said:
Why an auto though?

Congrats on the purchase! Welcome to the club.

I bought the auto so my wife could drive it. I tried to teach her to drive a stick years ago... don't go there. :biggrin: I have a fully built 2.0L Integra Type R track day car that I use to practice the old heel-toe. :smile:

Good job on finding that car.
Congradulations!!!
Welcome to the nsx group!
Welcome to prime!
Welcome to nut heads!
Welcome to wonderful people who care about you and your car!
Enjoy the car with and without your wife.
One day, I would be honored to be able to drive an auto.
I bought an exhaust from a guy with one, maybe I can go for a ride in his.
That would be way cool.
Go out and have a blast.
Trev
p.s. check the two fuses up front for the a/c condensor fans. Seem to like to blow. Also be gentle on the inside door handles, they like to break.

DocL said:
TAG, congrats on the car. My father owned a 1997 Monte Carlo Blue/Camel/Auto, I wonder if it was his car. Did you do a carfax on it? If it was ever registered in Florida, then it was his, and there were only two built in that exact configuration. It also happens to my favorite color combination.

Enjoy.

Edit: Is there a Red led light next to the clock? If so, then this was my fathers NSX.

Hi Doc, thank you for your thoughtful posts. My car has been in the southwest since it was new. The (second) owner I bought the car from purchased it as a lease return. This owner also told me the car was rare due to that color combination w/the automatic transmission. My car must be one of the only two out there in that configuration. :smile:

TAG,
Congrats on the car. You and your wife will have lots of fun with it and it's nice to hear that you considered her desires / requests in your decision making. That must have won you BIG points with the Boss. :smile:

mickeylex said:
TAG,
Congrats on the car. You and your wife will have lots of fun with it and it's nice to hear that you considered her desires / requests in your decision making. That must have won you BIG points with the Boss. :smile:

Bingo...:biggrin:

"an NSX" not "a NSX":wink:

TAG, congratulations on the new NSX. The auto isn't that bad. My very first NSX test drive was a 91 auto. I had my reservations about it but after that test drive I came away knowing that I wanted to own an NSX. Aside from not shifting yourself, everything else about the auto NSX told me it was the car to have. I bought a manual, but I still remember my fist test drive even if it was in an auto.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new car. Have fun w. it and welcome to the forum.

BTW, my Dad's 04 is an auto w/ sport shift and I have a 04 G35 auto w/ sport shift or whatever you want to call it. I have had encounters w/ G35 6MT owners and there is not much diff. if any at all betw. 6MT and auto G35. It just is not there since the #'s are the same.

But bring my auto G35 vs my Dad's auto NSX and there is no comparison. He we roast any day of the week. But speed is not everything. It is the exotic look of the NSX and for whatever reason you bought the car, it does not matter. It is your NSX and no one can take that away from you.

Enjoy the new ride TAG.:biggrin:

gtr said:
...TAG, why don't you post some pics of the new ride :biggrin: Anyone knows when was Tan changed to Camel?

Here you go...:biggrin:

wMTI2MDQxOTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Yes I know, the front lip is missing. :biggrin:

wMTI2MDQxODZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Photos by Derek Schimanke

Last edited:
That color combo is beautiful- Congrats(notice I am trying really hard not to feed the :wink: )

Absolutely Beautiful!!!! :smile:

To Shumdit: :biggrin: Amen!! Very well said

B---U---TIFUL!!! Clean

Congratulations! Glad you found your NSX:cool: . I'm sure you and your wife will have a blast with it... have fun!

btw what happened to your front lip? Maybe too much fun?:biggrin:

DV8 said:
Congratulations! Glad you found your NSX:cool: . I'm sure you and your wife will have a blast with it... have fun!

It does look nice thou'.

Congrats Tag! Gorgeous color. Very jealous. I am still a few years off before I will be in one. Gotta get a few things paid off, build a dock, get the wife a new grocery getter, a boat, pool, etc. the usual list before I get another toy just for me.

DV8 said:

LOL, actually I bought it that way. The previous owner said he knocked it loose twice; then just decided to remove it. :biggrin: I'll certainly get a new one and have it installed.

nvrquit4 said:
Congrats Tag! Gorgeous color. Very jealous. I am still a few years off before I will be in one. Gotta get a few things paid off, build a dock, get the wife a new grocery getter, a boat, pool, etc. the usual list before I get another toy just for me.

Better not test drive one then; because the NSX will jump to a higher spot on your list. :biggrin:

Back