Finally after 12 years~

freeon: Are you from east coast of Canada? I'm originally from BC

otoro: hahaha, Initial D is one of my favorite animes, and I really like how the FD RX7 looks. However after owning an RX7.... I never want to own one again

mickeylex: Yes, my friends and I picked it up at Tony's place, and yes, it was Lou's NSX. Amazingly clean. I had to sell my car before I could get the NSX, but thankfully things pulled through. I will probably join NSXCA, but I'm in South Bay, so it's about a 2 hour drive to get to Sacramento for me.

davidf / WillErickson: Thanks! I don't plan on doing any mods to the car anymore, just tires and a clear bra.

Dhalsim / NA1/2-R: hahah, you guys are crazy. I'm an OG first generation SF2 player. I've played in a few tournaments, and I went to EVO in 2005. I semi-retired from the scene, but I play casually now.
I mostly play SF3: 3rd Strike online now.
'Sim is top tier in ST, and Blanka is high tier in Turbo and CvS2.
I used to collect a lot of SF2 stuff, but now it's just the comic series.
SF4 is coming out hopefully this year.

amgnsx: Thanks! I'll check that thread often.

Yes I am New Brunswick to be exact.How did you guess

Dhalsim / slownsxt: After the next local meet, I'll play you guys in Street Fighter. Any version except Street Fighter 1 and the spinoff games (CvS2, MvC,etc) It will be fun. :biggrin:

Lou: Yes, I was really happy. As soon as my friend gives me the rest of the photos, I'll upload them. Thanks again!
BTW, have you seen the Gallardo SL video on Supercarmovies?
If not, here it is: http://www.supercarmovies.com/html/interface.html
I think it's one of the most beautiful and emotionally stirring car video that I've seen in my life.

IntegraXTR: Good luck on your search! I think looking for an NSX depends a lot on your area. When I was back home in Canada, we didn't get nearly as many NSXs as in California, so all of the NSXs were either high mileage cars, repaints, been in accidents, or some sort of accident. The clean ones demanded a pretty large premium, and even then they were not on sale often.

jemje2006 / gdae: hahah, yes, I started collecting NSX stuff for a while. I stopped because I ran out of room, and also because I've seen some of the members of Prime (sorry, forgot names off the top of my head) who have MASSIVE NSX stuff collections. I remember seeing a member with 3 shelves worth of NSX models, all in red, with various sizes. It looked like there was at least 70 NSX models :eek:
I also used to own a HPI nitro fuel radio controlled car, with 2 NSX bodies; one was the NSX-R look, the other was red. I sold it many years ago. When I get home, I'll try to look for photos of it, or at least my NSX books.

Mickeylex: hahah, I look forward to meeting you guys :biggrin:

freeon: It was a good guess, because east coast gets crazy weather in the winter. Did you have to import your NSX? Or did you get it from Ontario?

Nice to see another success story.

Dhalsim / slownsxt: After the next local meet, I'll play you guys in Street Fighter. Any version except Street Fighter 1 and the spinoff games (CvS2, MvC,etc) It will be fun. :biggrin:

Lou: Yes, I was really happy. As soon as my friend gives me the rest of the photos, I'll upload them. Thanks again!
BTW, have you seen the Gallardo SL video on Supercarmovies?
If not, here it is: http://www.supercarmovies.com/html/interface.html
I think it's one of the most beautiful and emotionally stirring car video that I've seen in my life.

IntegraXTR: Good luck on your search! I think looking for an NSX depends a lot on your area. When I was back home in Canada, we didn't get nearly as many NSXs as in California, so all of the NSXs were either high mileage cars, repaints, been in accidents, or some sort of accident. The clean ones demanded a pretty large premium, and even then they were not on sale often.

jemje2006 / gdae: hahah, yes, I started collecting NSX stuff for a while. I stopped because I ran out of room, and also because I've seen some of the members of Prime (sorry, forgot names off the top of my head) who have MASSIVE NSX stuff collections. I remember seeing a member with 3 shelves worth of NSX models, all in red, with various sizes. It looked like there was at least 70 NSX models :eek:
I also used to own a HPI nitro fuel radio controlled car, with 2 NSX bodies; one was the NSX-R look, the other was red. I sold it many years ago. When I get home, I'll try to look for photos of it, or at least my NSX books.

Mickeylex: hahah, I look forward to meeting you guys :biggrin:

freeon: It was a good guess, because east coast gets crazy weather in the winter. Did you have to import your NSX? Or did you get it from Ontario?

I had to import it from Austin Texas. Unfortunately there aren't that many to chose from in Canada.Plus they are cheaper in the US

Congrats man! Nice very nice...

There is enough room to do groceries.

Ah, You must be single.:biggrin: Not enough room for groceries if you are shopping for a family of 4 or more.:biggrin: However, it is fun to go to the supermarket twice on the weekend.:tongue: :biggrin:

Where are you in Silicon Valley (north, south, east, or west)? Also love your NSX die cast model collection.

Ah, You must be single.:biggrin: Not enough room for groceries if you are shopping for a family of 4 or more.:biggrin: However, it is fun to go to the supermarket twice on the weekend.:tongue: :biggrin:

Where are you in Silicon Valley (north, south, east, or west)? Also love your NSX die cast model collection.

Hahah, no, my GF is in Japan teaching English currently.
I put some of the groceries in the passenger side seat, because I have the car cover with me all the time, and that takes up about 1/3 of the rear trunk.

I'm in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara, so I guess that's South Bay, I think?

Unfortunately I can't find my old photos of my NSX books, but I found a complete picture of all of my models:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/vinz8/178_7862.jpg

But my friend has been too busy still to upload the rest of the photos and videos of me and the NSX. Hopefully the end of January.

Haven't gotten the rest of the old photos back, but here are some photos from today's meet in Fremont:

Picture014.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Congrats. Hope to meet you soon.:biggrin:

Wow let me first say that's some dedication in terms of that model car collection! I've waited almost 14 years and still don't have an NSX "yet"...hehe

The mKIV Supri is a nice car too - I wanted one all through h.s. but at $40k plus it was way out of my budget and I settled for a 97 Eclipse turbo which kinda looks like a Supra...:wink:

It's funny to hear you guys all talk about Streetfigher since I used to hang out with my bro in the arcades after bowling league and just play games all day long challenging others. My guy is definitely Zangief but playing a good Dhalism player is quite a challenge.....

We have all the games at our house too and do hang out at Golfland sometimes to play the kiddies....(I get my ass kicked by those kids many times....must be getting rusty!)

rick

Nice story. Like yourself, I've been waiting an 'endlessly' :D looooong time for my own NSX so i really relate to your story. You have given my hopes a boost.

As for you SF wannabe's, you are no match for 'Honda'. :p

Back