FINALLY a member of the Elite…

ROC CHGONSX said:
It's a six, my first manual, and lovin it. People are right when they say a manual is fun to drive. I had the clutch checked by my dealer and they suspected I might need another, it was shuddering. With the price I paid for the car I figured I had room to put in a new one and not worry about it. I'd rather get accustomed to a new one than start over when my first one goes bad not knowing the current condition of it. So I dropped a few more bills for a new clutch, added the Clifford alarm with the sweeeet perimeter sensor and hardwired a sirius receiver and velcroed it to the ash tray lid. I doubt I'll get into modding it. Maybe some wheels.

If you haven't done the clutch yet look into the aftermarket ones available from Science of Speed. The RPS comes with a lightweight flywheel and I have heard it is awesome. I will go that route when the time comes.

ROC CHGONSX said:
I doubt I'll get into modding it. Maybe some wheels.

Hi

Yeah right :biggrin: :biggrin:

I get Deja vu reading your message..now I am all up "mod creek"..so don't think you will be any different :smile:

Regards

ROC CHGONSX said:
It's a six, my first manual, and lovin it. People are right when they say a manual is fun to drive. I had the clutch checked by my dealer and they suspected I might need another, it was shuddering....So I dropped a few more bills for a new clutch...

Beautiful car, and welcome to the club. But how does an '02 with only 20k on the odo need a new clutch? I've probably driven 500,000 miles during my lifetime in manual tranny cars and I've never had to replace a clutch. My '94 NSX has 55,xxx, of which I've put 50,000 on the odo, and my clutch feels great. Have you driven any other newer NSX's to see how their clutch felt comparred to yours. Oh well, at least you can sleep at night knowing that your car is now in like new condition.

Btw, mark your calender now so you can come to Florida next October for NSXPO 2006.

martin said:
Hi

Yeah right :biggrin: :biggrin:

I get Deja vu reading your message..now I am all up "mod creek"..so don't think you will be any different :smile:

You may be right, I was up til 2 am last night checking out MOMO wheels, seats, knobs, pedals, etc. These may be the early signs of mod flu.

DocL said:
Beautiful car, and welcome to the club. But how does an '02 with only 20k on the odo need a new clutch? I've probably driven 500,000 miles during my lifetime in manual tranny cars and I've never had to replace a clutch. My '94 NSX has 55,xxx, of which I've put 50,000 on the odo, and my clutch feels great. Have you driven any other newer NSX's to see how their clutch felt comparred to yours. Oh well, at least you can sleep at night knowing that your car is now in like new condition.

Btw, mark your calender now so you can come to Florida next October for NSXPO 2006.

I hadn't driven any newer ones previous. Hindsight is 20/20! I didn't bother with getting answers, the dealer was 2K miles away, the deal was done, I put a new one in and, like you said, I can sleep at night now. Good as new with two year's warranty left.

Hey just noticed your post, Congrats, just pick mine up in April from Chicago (Midway) drove it home to Florida, perfect weather coming home too; and now no snow here! :biggrin:

Back