FINALLY a member of the Elite…

I've been lurking this site for almost a year and soaking up lots of information and advice, and finally, after admiring this car since it was introduced, I'm now the owner of a 2002 Silverstone/Onyx that I bought in October with 20K miles! I've been driving Acuras since '94 working my way up the product line through a '94 Legend Coupe, '98 RL, '02 TL and currently an '04 TL and my wife's '05 MDX. I've spent my service visits all those years in the showroom sitting in an NSX until my car was ready. Damn this feels goooooood!!!! My car was on ebay listed by a dealer for one of it's customers. It was owned by the President of some explosives company so I was told and it was at lease end. I won it at the unbelievable price of $56,500 plus a little extra for the dealer to Certify it - which sealed the deal. The drive home to Chicago from FL in mid-October was the perfect first drive and made the dream come true even more of a dream. So I'm glad to declare my membership as an NSX owner as well as become an "active" member of this site. Oh, and Meeyatch, after the winter we'll talk about a clear bra for sure! So here's some pics: the first is at the sale in Florida, a few outside U.S. Cellular near my home just before the World Series, one with my other toy and one with the chick I was riding around with on Halloween. (I can't get them to post larger!)

Attachments

• prime1.JPG
    prime1.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 393
  • prime3.JPG
    prime3.JPG
    81.3 KB · Views: 212
  • prime4.JPG
    prime4.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 172
  • prime7.JPG
    prime7.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 221
  • prime8.JPG
    prime8.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 292
That is a phenominal deal for your car. No way I would sell mine for that. Hope it isn't a trend starter.

Welcome to the club.

Nice intro and welcome!

Congrats and you need to feed your girl a little more ;)

WoW! What a screaming deal you got ..Im jealous:frown: ...

Now don't go asking any questions anybody has ever asked before or the forum Nazis will get you for sure!!:wink: ...sorry just had to:biggrin:

Congrats! You know you will be making the trip back down here for NSXPO next year! We're promising the best one EVER!!!! Again, congrats and enjoy, nice color choice!

liftnot said:
Welcome to the club!!!

Congats!! and welcome. I guess the car was not in a Honda lease. If it were the residual cost at the end would have been almost 61k. No way would a car with those miles been offered at that price. If it was from a Honda subsidized lease make sure it was not an accident car. Again congrats on a beautiful car.

congrats, nice car, dont let the mod bug bite too hard :biggrin:
(btw i'm def NOT the elite :biggrin:)

Hi

Congrats..And you got the best colour too :)

Regards

Tony Montoya said:
Nice car, congrats. Is it an automatic?

It's a six, my first manual, and lovin it. People are right when they say a manual is fun to drive. I had the clutch checked by my dealer and they suspected I might need another, it was shuddering. With the price I paid for the car I figured I had room to put in a new one and not worry about it. I'd rather get accustomed to a new one than start over when my first one goes bad not knowing the current condition of it. So I dropped a few more bills for a new clutch, added the Clifford alarm with the sweeeet perimeter sensor and hardwired a sirius receiver and velcroed it to the ash tray lid. I doubt I'll get into modding it. Maybe some wheels.

Back