Final bought one

I finally bought a used 92 White NSX, i am only the 2nd owner of this car. I have been thinking of buying the-X since i was in university. It is a dream come true for me.

I have some questions about the car, the shifter, clutch and gas penal are heavier than all my previous cars such as Civic and Integra, is it normal for the-X?? Thanks.

Here is the pictures of the car, enjoy!

Attachments

• resizeddsc02592.jpg
    resizeddsc02592.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 2,262
Thanks for pointing out that front blinkers lexan covers is made by Mugen. I didn't know that, the previous owner didn't point that out. Thanks

Gas and clutch pedal are heavier than those cars' you mentioned. However, with a good clutch, shifting should be like a knife through butter.

I like that white color too!! Sometime it is difficult to find the color you wanted in used car.

The triangle below the turn sign and side vent are sticker from NSX club of Japan. It is on the car when i bought it last week.

The clutch is stock since it only have 44000miles and the bolts on the transmission have not been touch.

Yes, the shift is very smooth, but i just find it to be little heavy with the clutch and gas penal. Thanks for all reply.

Why don't you contact my good friend, Hirofumi Tomiyoshi, who happens to be the President of the NSX Club of Japan.

Hirofumi might be able to help you locate the previous owner to see what was done to the car....that's if you don't have any of the books and service records.

I've driven all of the JDM (right hand drive) NSX's: Type-R; Type S-zero; Type-S; and the regular NSX.... I don't remember any of NSX's having a heavier feel when the clutch is engaged. Then again, I'm use to having a heavy clutch (CTGrip2):D

Anyway, enough talking, go drive your NSX :D

Wow, your car looks awesome... I'm from HK too, but it's been a while since I went back there last time... (95, yeah, I haven't even seen the new airport yet...)

It's funny that you point out the "heavier shifter, gas and clutch feel" but not mentioning the Steering wheel... It should be pretty noticeable at those tight parking buildings in HK.

One question for you, is there still the nsx club? It seems like the link on internet doesn't work anymore?? I couldn't find it anyway at Yahoo HK either...

Thanks ZRO260B4U, actually i do know the previous owner, i just didn't ask the details except the noticable rims, tires and suspension.

NSXDreamer2
Actually i know the steering is going to be heavy because it is manual rack and pin steering...........no complain but it is heavy compare to my previous cars. I do think there is NSX club in HK because there is some member on this board but i haven't had a chance to contact them yet since i just bought the car last week. You should come back soon otherwise you will get lost in hk.

Nice ride!!

What wheels are those on your car? Are they BBS RGR? I like the gunmetal wheel and the white combo. As far as clutch, it is a little heavier than a Integra or a Civic. By now I am sure that you are used the the manual steering.

Have a good time!!

I am sure it is a BBS rims but i am not sure about the model. It looked like RGR to me but i found it little to big for my taste 17" and 18". Anyway it come with the car and have good tires on it.

Actually i am still trying to get used to the manual steering............hehe

Gorgeous car, thanks for the pics! I've also got a white one and I love those rims.

Do you have any fitment issues? If not, could you pass along any info you have on the rims (sizes, vendors, offsets, etc?). I was previously thinking of some TE37s in 17/18 but these are now also on the short list and I don't know a thing about them or where to get them.

White94,

I really like the white color too and the rims looks good. Since i just bought the car and it come with the car therefore i have no idea what offset it is. All i know is it is 17"x7.5" in the front and 18"x9" in the rear. I didn't notice any problem with fitment. Don't you find that 17 and 18" is too big?? I would prefer 16 and 17" instead but again it come with the car so i have no choice. I really the like power of the NSX, it is way better than all my previous car.

92NSX,

After driving it for the while, i get used to the heavier clutch. I think it does need a heavier because of the torque is much much more than a integra or civic............hehee....

Back