FI redline changes? 8500RPM?

The Original.....

NetViper said:
Which I do have Andy?

.....Comptech.

Sold to me by Bob Leonti when he was still with Comptech.

Delivered to MB for installation during the engine rebuild.

Just to clarify, I did not bump my redline to 8500 in order run the car at full throttle at that RPM. It was more of a "safety" issue because at the track you get to 8K SO FAST with the supercharger with 6 speed, and fuel shutoff at the exit of a turn can be a real bummer. I usually shift at less than 8K since the 6-speed allows you to keep it in the VTEC range after the shift much better than the huge 2-3 drop in the 5 speed.

Once torque starts to drop off, added RPM on the high end may be less advantageous than shifting to the next higher gear with better torque lower in the VTEC range. Hope that all makes sense......

And yes, you better consider replacing those oil pump gears if you track your car alot.....

Wei-Shen

I don't want to jump on this post since it is all about redline, but if anyone have questions about turbo setup send me PM and I can answer all questions. It is 2 years in making. Yes, I have custom turbine. I forgot the specs but it is dualflange .83 housing 65lb/min flow rate. (I don't remember but I think it was 61mm inducer and compressor wheel was 2.5 if I come across the specs sheet I'll post it) I run RC550's with 50psi idle fuel pressure.

Attachments

• pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 100
WINREBOOT
What type of engine mods do you have to enable to
boost so high. I have a twin turbo setup on my nsx also. I am in the
process of changing my turbos to twin gt28r. The ones I have now
are garret t04b's.. way to big. I am only able to boost 4-5lbs. I am trying to really get an Idea how high I can boost saftly.
The only thing done to my is I have lower 9.5.1 JE pistons.

Re: Redline vs. cutoff

BryanZublin said:
Fuel cut is actually at 8000 RPM as measured on my 1992 NSX. The NSX tach reads high (error) at that RPM. I know that the Honda technical book says 8300 RPM but I dispute this based on my measurements.

I put my specs likewise with Andy's 8000 + 300 with the water and oil pump brought up to op temp ,that 300 is an anomololy my 02 cents'
kinda like my heart right now:) long while since on this board...will get to you n20 guys next.

Yellow Rose said:
Hammer - there are many documented cases of the factory oil pump gears failing at extended (as in track events = 8000 RPM, though I personally know of a street failure at about 35 MPH not at redline) engine speed.

Comptech and Dali offer stronger gears.

If just upgrading the gears, it is a rather expensive proposition. However, if the engine is already apart for a re-build.....no-brainer.

If the factory oil gears shatter, there will be ZERO oil pumped to the engine bearings.

Tick tick tick tock tock tock tap tap tap bang bang bang.....you get the picture.

ON A BANKED OVAL AT 8000

Back