Ferrari preparing to take on the NSX successor

I take this as Ferrari's response if NSX successor comes out with SH-AWD. Granted, Ferrari's version doesn't offer variable Left to right torque transfer.

The demand for Ferrari's far outstrips supply and a new NSX is not going to change that one bit. I doubt this has anything to do with the NSX replacement IMO.

I don't think Ferrari is worried about the next NSX.....they have very loyal fans and owners. So no matter what Honda puts out it will not do anything to hurt Ferrari sales. It is very funny how some of the guys here hate Ferrari so much and how some of the Ferrari guys hates NSX's. But little do they know that quite a few NSX owners own a Ferrari and vice versa. So many people I know own both cars and they love both equally.

Why would Ferrari worry about the next Acura Flagship? (No it's not an NSX and we all know that, i don't care if that's what they want to call it)Acura doesn't compete with ferrari in any way. If i were honda i would simply focus on hybrids and fuel efficiency, not performance.

QUOTE=tcomegna]Why would Ferrari worry about the next Acura Flagship? (No it's not an NSX and we all know that, i don't care if that's what they want to call it)Acura doesn't compete with ferrari in any way.

Yes the current/discontinued NSX does not compare with the current F430 at all let alone the 360CS unless it is the Type-R NSX that does a pretty good job. But it did do a pretty decent job when it was out in 1991 and on against the likes of the F355 and 360.

If i were honda i would simply focus on hybrids and fuel efficiency, not performance.quote=tcomegna

Thats what they have been doing this whole time. But then again they have been involved in racing for quite a whiles also so I do not see why not they cannot put out a nice performance car. Maybe they don't care about competing with Ferrari. Maybe they just want to put out another car just because they want to and to pay tribute to the F-1 Racing program that they have.

No offense but your comment makes you sound like a snobby guy from F-chat and I am giving you the benefit of the doubt that you are are not that way. Look at my avatar very carefully.......you see that F40 next to my NSX? He also owns an NSX, a 512 TR, Porsche Turbo etc. That is a true car enthusiast that knows that the world does not revolve only around Ferrari.

Last time I checked Honda is doing pretty decent in F-1.......

2006 Constructors Championship

Pos Constructor Points

1 Renault 195

2 Ferrari 186

3 McLaren-Mercedes 105

4 Honda 78

5 Sauber-BMW 36

6 Toyota 35

7 RBR-Ferrari 16

8 Williams-Cosworth 11

9 STR-Cosworth 1

2006 Drivers Championship

Pos Driver Nationality Team Points

1 Fernando Alonso Spanish Renault 126

2 Michael Schumacher German Ferrari 116

3 Felipe Massa Brazilian Ferrari 70

4 Giancarlo Fisichella Italian Renault 69

5 Kimi Räikkönen Finnish McLaren-Mercedes 61

6 Jenson Button British Honda 50

7 Rubens Barrichello Brazilian Honda 28

8 Juan Pablo Montoya Colombian McLaren-Mercedes 26

9 Nick Heidfeld German Sauber-BMW 23

10 Ralf Schumacher German Toyota 20

11 Pedro de la Rosa Spanish McLaren-Mercedes 18

12 Jarno Trulli Italian Toyota 15

13 David Coulthard British RBR-Ferrari 14

14 Mark Webber Australian Williams-Cosworth 7

14= Jacques Villeneuve Canadian Sauber-BMW 7

16 Robert Kubica Polish Sauber-BMW 6

17 Nico Rosberg German Williams-Cosworth 4

18 Christian Klien Austrian RBR-Ferrari 2

19 Vitantonio Liuzzi Italian STR-Cosworth 1

tcomegna said:
Why would Ferrari worry about the next Acura Flagship? (No it's not an NSX and we all know that, i don't care if that's what they want to call it)Acura doesn't compete with ferrari in any way. If i were honda i would simply focus on hybrids and fuel efficiency, not performance.

We all know that? According to what source? Please don't quote some kooky magazine article that claims they have a scoop and provides some fuggly concept sketch.

A v10 successor announced exactly as the first gen NSX was being put to rest implies that the next NSX is well on it's away.

Silver F16 said:
I take this as Ferrari's response if NSX successor comes out with SH-AWD. Granted, Ferrari's version doesn't offer variable Left to right torque transfer.

i don't get it, where in the article that says Ferrari is worry about honda?:confused:

i read it twice and honda's name wasn't even mention.

Honda, the only Japanese company to have success in the F1.
And the only maker of an exotic from Japan, the now defunct NSX.

That is as far as they have gone. Ferrari is in a different league altogether. Honda and Ferrari have very little in common and none of their products have an equivalent comparison.

Honda and Ferrari should not be mentioned as competitors. The competition ended when Honda lost their way.

Honda are now the premium producers of appliances that are fuel efficent, green, people haulers that do as much to stimulate an enthusiast's heart as a very efficient coffee maker.

I own an NSX which for me is just a fabulous symbol of what Honda achieved when they were not afraid to dream and when they were following what enthusiasts dream about.

last time i check, when it come to Ferrari, the word Lamborghini and Porsche come to mind. honda is not even the same league.

From a prestige standpoint, there are not on the same league. However, back in early 90s, compared to the NSX, the Ferrari 348 was like a dog with its tail between his legs. It woke up Ferrari and made the 355/360 a significant improvement over 348. Ferrari picked up at least one NSX, combed thru it, and applied what they learned.

It is not something you read about much with Ferrari learning from Honda, Especially with the machismo factor embedded in the Italian culture.

Going forward, I believe Honda will take a committed approach and continue to refine the product. With a V10 engine, their competition isn't the Cayman. They are indeed knocking on Ferrari's doors. With efficiency and build quality to put them to shame.

Of course, Honda still won't have the prestige. If that really matters to you. For some of us, we know why we paid up to $80K for an NSX and it goes beyond the shallowness of an emblem.

My thoughts are they are working on a AWD system because of the gallardo, not the next NSX. However, I have yet to hear one person say the handling is better on the gallardo than a F430.

I have a feeling by the time the next NSX comes out, ferrari will already be a step ahead. They are far more cutting edge than they were in the days of the 348.

Silver F16 said:
Of course, Honda still won't have the prestige. If that really matters to you. For some of us, we know why we paid up to $80K for an NSX and it goes beyond the shallowness of an emblem.

are you calling Ferrari, Lamborghini and Porsche "shallowness of an emblem"?!

if they are shallow, why is honda "knocking on Ferrari's doors"?

you are not making sense.

Sounds like you are looking for clarification.

Let me put it this way, there are 2 types of Ferrari buyers. The enthusiasts, and the one who buys to wear it as Jewelry.

I don't think Ferrari will worry about Honda until/unless the NSX gets to at least $150K MSRP (and then sells for more than MSRP). Prestige, F1 bragging rights, etc, that's all B.S. noise behind what really matters. It's all about the money.

Until/unless Honda starts taking away buyers in that price range in large numbers, Ferrari has nothing to be concerned about.

Silver F16 said:
Sounds like you are looking for clarification.

Let me put it this way, there are 2 types of Ferrari buyers. The enthusiasts, and the one who buys to wear it as Jewelry.

so what are we talking about here?:confused: cars or sterotyping its owners? and what does this has anything to do with the next gen nsx? i still don't see any relation between an article about ferrari and the next nsx, if there is one.

this doesn't belong here, please move this thread to another topic.

randomharmony said:
last time i check, when it come to Ferrari, the word Lamborghini and Porsche come to mind. honda is not even the same league.

You can say that again! I have more miles on my NSX then 10 or 15 of your average F or L cars plus it's a '93. Most 1993 Italian exotics have long since been recycled into door stops and purses. Porsches are just plain butt ugly and don't merit consideration. Yes they're quick but so what? So is a lump of dog crap dropped from a Cessna at 10,000 feet.

Back