Ferrari Owner Present

Sorry about that my mistake. I realised it almost the moment I did it. Please accept my appoligy for my mistake.

AS to Ski-Banker. As I said in my very first post. I would like to do this one more time, clearly so everyone can hear me out. I would like to appoligize, sincerly, and humbly for any disrespectful, or insulting comments I may have caused him. Honestly my response was a bit og a gag reflex. Totally un called for.

As for thr F-40, it drives just like a 348, just much much quicker. I made a mistake with my comment on the engine.

So exactly what is wrong with buying my wife an NSX? MY wife, at least for the last 20 years or so has always driven the nicest cars in our family. Up untill about 6 months ago I was driving a puke green Porsche 1914. Toved the car though.

As for you Bio, I have every intention of getting an NSX in the near future. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to share it with the boys back at F-chat. They may not really like it, but that's life.

As for a great car, it is impossible for me as a person & professonally to view any car as a great car, unless it accompanied by a great car owner.

Ski-banker, attacked Jon personally. If he were really a great guy, owner of a great car, he would appoligize. I'm honestly not into personal attacks, it was a mistake on my part, and I regret it.

You know I love to banter, argue stats, although I'm rusty. But when it gets loe & personal, it kind of takes all the fun out of it for me.

I personally have never met another cool car owner in person I didn't like. Even after a heated contest.

ChopsJazz said:
You make some good points alright, except an F40 has a turbocharged V8.

Who are you? :confused:

Steveny's dog. Why do you ask?????

Anyways I did not read past the 2nd or 3rd paragraph before I responded. All I was saying is he was making a good point about not needing a good car that it was more about skill.
Going back reading the post now it looks like it may be a 12 y/o screwing around.

steveny said:
Steveny's dog. Why do you ask?????

Not you Steveny, I am asking this 'Indy' poseur who he is. I don't get this guy one bit. "I love Ferarris, I even have the great 348. It's just like an F40 [B.S.] except for the 12 cyl engine."

Get a life and get off Prime.

ChopsJazz said:
Not you Steveny, I am asking this 'Indy' poseur who he is. I don't get this guy one bit. "I love Ferarris, I even have the great 348. It's just like an F40 [B.S.] except for the 12 cyl engine."

Get a life and get off Prime.

Lets not be so hasty to judge for the most part his comments have been well mannered. While I have neither driven the F40 nor the 348 maybe he has and can add his $.02 in comparrison more than anyone else here as I am sure not many have driven the F40. Although I would tend to think like you that when the F40 held together that was one hell of a ride.

Anyone seen the video of the guy going up a mountain road, think it was pikes peak, in his F40, blew a turbo on the way up, it was years ago that I saw it. Crazy, will have to dig for it.

(yawn)

* we all like cars (some a LOT more than others)
* the edit / search key appear to be great friends of yours - get to know them
* we're glad lud's got another member to prime, but if you have something to say to someone and really don't want to flame them (even with an itty bitty flame, like a bic lighter), then send them a pm.

dood - i'm not a f-guy (i know they're often red, loud and some of the new ones can even beat my '91 in a race) but apparently neither are you....

queenlives said:
(yawn)

* we all like cars (some a LOT more than others)
* the edit / search key appear to be great friends of yours - get to know them
* we're glad lud's got another member to prime, but if you have something to say to someone and really don't want to flame them (even with an itty bitty flame, like a bic lighter), then send them a pm.

dood - i'm not a f-guy (i know they're often red, loud and some of the new ones can even beat my '91 in a race) but apparently neither are you....

Yeah... use a bic lighter, just be sure to pur some gas on the victim first. LOL

Come on guys lets be a little nice here. At least he is apologizing and manning up to his mistake. So lets just welcome him and move on. Everyone meet at hooters. :biggrin:

WingZ said:
Thanks ChopsJazz I was wondering when someone would wake up to this poster. He likes NSX so much he wants to get one for his wife???? Won't say where's he's at ,but his dad has had two complimentary NSX??? Then he doesn't know what engine is in an F40???? What enthusiasts doesn't know what engine is in an F40??

No offense to you sir ,but surely you can understand my skepticism from all the left handed compliments. This post seems more trojan horse than gift horse ,but if I'm wrong please accept my apologies:wink:
Busted!!!
i think at the least all F owners should know what's in a F40, F50, Enzo
To even consider your self as a true car enthusiast

....oh yeah and my friend's civic as a Flat 12cyl. LOL:tongue:

BioBanker said:
Indy - for the last time - re read what Ive written. You're a few years older than I am so Ill blame it on the Alzheimers, but in no instance have I slagged your cars. I find it tiring that I must continue to smack you over the head with this. Everyone else seems to get it. Plus, Ive been on FChat longer than I have on PRIME. Im 6 or so years now on FChat; longer than you maybe? Maybe you're confusing me with someone else. Stop confusing everything with everyone.

There is a thing called search. Do one and you will find all my posts on FChat. If you 1) can find the search button, and 2) can figure out how you use it, you will find that I love Fcars. Adore Fcars. As Ive said to you NUMEROUS times, they're just not for me given my lifestyle of zero time for car hassel.

At that point Id like you to smack yourself in the head for being an idiot.

And oh, welcome to PRIME.

I think you've got your knickers in a knot because I pointed out that the moderator banned Ski_banker, owner of a glorious car, for a strong personal attack but let you walk after doing the same. Sounds 14ish to me, still.

LOL

ok ok
Indy Welcome to prime again

Yea, us 50 year olds do in fact have fathers. I enjoyed him a lot when he was living. You know guys, all np pun intended he actuall did die of altizmers, "once" again please forgive the spelling.

I'm always getting screwed up with the flat 12 / V8 thing. For years I honestly thought a 288 had a twin turbocharged flat 12, Gary my mech. corrects me all the time.

I'm a driver, not a mechanic. I know it doesn't exempt me from the flames, but it's the truth.

Bio, I also owe you an apollogy. I did re-read some of your posts.

My 914 does have a V8 though, pretty impressive. I can terrorize just about anything up to about 130. About 3 years ago, i really blew it, and street raced a really nice looking Vette. We both got caught by a local law enforcement officer. I watched while the officer very patently, and professonally wrote the Vette owner what I think was a pretty expensive ticket. As the Vette was leaving he walked up to me, took my licence and reg.. Looked at me and said, "I'm going to let you go this time, but only because this was the first time I've ever seen a car actually do a wheely".
we talked about the car a bit, once again he warned me, if he ever caught me again doing something like that, he would take me to jail.

You know for a long time I actually thought my 914 had a 400 V8, I just recently learned it is actually a 327. What can I say, I guess I just don't pay much attention to the little stuff.

Thanks for the welcome.

I was going to build another 914 "8" from scratch, I actually purchased mine on ebay. Has many flaws, very fast though. But I'm really considering building an older NSX instead. Doing lots of cool stuff to the car, to make it a real Johnny Lighting Special. Mainly because there really comfortble to drive. Ferraris seats are a little tight in the rear end for me. No head room either.

As you will learn in time, I'm not here to stir up Chitt. I honestly just want so see what you have done with the cars.

Indytech said:
Yea, us 50 year olds do in fact have fathers. I enjoyed him a lot when he was living. You know guys, all np pun intended he actuall did die of altizmers, "once" again please forgive the spelling.

I'm always getting screwed up with the flat 12 / V8 thing. For years I honestly thought a 288 had a twin turbocharged flat 12, Gary my mech. corrects me all the time.

I'm a driver, not a mechanic. I know it doesn't exempt me from the flames, but it's the truth.

Bio, I also owe you an apollogy. I did re-read some of your posts.

My 914 does have a V8 though, pretty impressive. I can terrorize just about anything up to about 130. About 3 years ago, i really blew it, and street raced a really nice looking Vette. We both got caught by a local law enforcement officer. I watched while the officer very patently, and professonally wrote the Vette owner what I think was a pretty expensive ticket. As the Vette was leaving he walked up to me, took my licence and reg.. Looked at me and said, "I'm going to let you go this time, but only because this was the first time I've ever seen a car actually do a wheely".
we talked about the car a bit, once again he warned me, if he ever caught me again doing something like that, he would take me to jail.

You know for a long time I actually thought my 914 had a 400 V8, I just recently learned it is actually a 327. What can I say, I guess I just don't pay much attention to the little stuff.

Thanks for the welcome.

I was going to build another 914 "8" from scratch, I actually purchased mine on ebay. Has many flaws, very fast though. But I'm really considering building an older NSX instead. Doing lots of cool stuff to the car, to make it a real Johnny Lighting Special. Mainly because there really comfortble to drive. Ferraris seats are a little tight in the rear end for me. No head room either.

As you will learn in time, I'm not here to stir up Chitt. I honestly just want so see what you have done with the cars.

Well we all look forward to you joining us as a group. Let us know when you get one and feel free to ask anything.

:smile:

Back