Ferrari Owner Present

Hi guys, you ever wonder why Ferrari owner never talk about racing on the street. It’s highly illegal, and we are always watched closely by law enforcement officers. Guys you need to be very care full on the street. There is a web site full of pictures of wreaked NSX’s. I just wonder how they happen to get that way.

I’m 50, have been an autofile most of my life. Probably from being around racing most of my adolescent, and adult life. My father raced professionally, many different venues, but ended up in indy cars for about 19 years. He will remain nameless in this forum.

My father claims that you don’t really need a fast car on a track, to blister really fast cars. Case in point, I actually watched him smoke a pretty damned fast corvette, driving a bone stock VW Surraco, “pardon my spelling”, on a 1/8 mile oval up in Bakersfield.

Now I don’t really expect any telemarketers, or young people to believe me, but I was there, saw it with my own eyes.

You would be amazed what any car will do in capable hands, even a 1980 civic hatch back.

I also understand after lurking for a bit, that Ferrari 348’s aren’t real high on your list of F-cars. I personally love them, love there look, and there performance, even with all the little expensive pain in the a$$ demeanor, that goes along with owning one.

I’ll let you in on a secrete though, we love NSX’s too. My dad has actually owned 2 of these cars. There beautiful, wonderful, fast cars. My dad also did have a personal, special, professional relationship with Acura. Let’s just say, he didn’t have to pay for either of his NSX’s, they were say complimentary, as well as very special cars.

We have both been to Japan probably 50 times, at least half was Acura related. I’ll also let you in on another secrete, the people that design, engineer, and build Acuras, also very much love Ferraris, yea believe it or not. Many of the exec.s at the A-car company actually drive late model, yea you guessed it Ferraris.

Now I want to be very clear, considering myself an upstanding member of the motoring community. Virtually every serious car nut I have ever known, always respect another car nut’s car, even if it isn’t there personal choice. I have and always will respect the Acura motor car & there owners, "within reason". After all I do very sincerely come from a long list of family car nuts.

Now to my brother car nut’s, I have this message. There have been a small group of jerks coming to our F-car group forum, and bashing our cars. I don’t know them all, but I know a couple. Ski-Banker, and some new guy called Biobanker. I'm hoping this all I need to say.

I’m sure I have seen some of you guys a various track days, and we would know each other on site. Were the same great bunch of guys you like to hang out with and race with on our open track days.

Oh and by the way Ski-Banker, I’m an Engineer, not a writer, so I know my writing sucks. But I do have a real job.

Please accept my most humble & sincere appoligy Ski-Banker for any personal insults I may have caused you Ski-Bunker:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Welcome to the Forum as you may be aware also there are many NSX owners here that own Ferrari's also. But they are in the closet here just as there on F chat. I am on F- chat also and I do notice that F-chat guys have a quite a bit more snobs than Prime does. Well that being said welcome and please feel free to chat here freely also. We welcome all car guys here and just as with any forum you are going to have some bad apples.

So don't take any offense from bio or ski......I am sure they are just messing around. :biggrin:

ediddynsx said:
Welcome to the Forum as you may be aware also there are many NSX owners here that own Ferrari's also. But they are in the closet here just as there on F chat. I am on F- chat also and I do notice that F-chat guys have a quite a bit more snobs than Prime does. Well that being said welcome and please feel free to chat here freely also. We welcome all car guys here and just as with any forum you are going to have some bad apples.

So don't take any offense from bio or ski......I am sure they are just messing around. :biggrin:
ditto
they are just funny guys. :biggrin:
i never met BioBanker but i have talked to him a several times (Great guy!!!:smile: )

oh and
Welcome to prime

however this thread should be on the OFFTOPIC

I love Ferraris. I will be the first to admit. However, I don't love them for their performance, but beauty. It has been established that NSX as a package, with the right model, can easily out perform most of the pre 360 Ferraris out there, of course excluding special models such as F40/50/enzo, but there is nothing like driving the prancing horse, the sound is intoxicating.

I would love to have a F40, that is my dream car!!!

You know I have to agree with ya, its a looks, style & sound thing, no dought about it. By the way thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to Prime. Majority of the enthusiasts here appreciate sports cars for their beauty inside and out because of the way that special automobile makes you feel..like your Alive! I love the designs and engineering of Ferrari as well as their racing heritage. Everyone's got an opinion to share whether positive or negative, let's hope they share it tactfully. Either way, glad your here.

My father claims that you don’t really need a fast car on a track, to blister really fast cars. Case in point, I actually watched him smoke a pretty damned fast corvette, driving a bone stock VW Surraco, “pardon my spelling”, on a 1/8 mile oval up in Bakersfield.

We have both been to Japan probably 50 times, at least half was Acura related. I’ll also let you in on another secrete, the people that design, engineer, and build Acuras, also very much love Ferraris, yea believe it or not. Many of the exec.s at the A-car company actually drive late model, yea you guessed it Ferraris.

I beleive most car nuts want a ferrari but soem just dont want to admit it.:wink:

Welcome to Prime.

Your father is certainly correct, its quite fun passing fast cars at the track with an econo box or even a pickup truck.:biggrin:

As with most car nuts we are passionate about the NSX, but that gives no-one the right to bash other peoples passions on other sites/forums.

I have considered several Ferrari purchases over the past few years but ending up sticking with my NSX's for now.

By the way what Ferrari do you own?
Have you spent much time driving the NSX and how would you compare the experiences, if so?

I personally own a Black 1990 348TS. I Love it, it honestly drives just like an F-40, minus the flat 12. Brutal driving expierence, Manual stearing rack, noisy full of flaws. Honestly that's what I like about it, it does feel much like a recer of yesteryear. I also love the looks.

I love everything about the NSX driving expierence. Smooth, quite, refined, very fast and nimble. I don't like the sound the engine makes as much as the F-car, even though It feels faster. My fathers cars always had stock pipes, pretty quite actually.

The f-car feels heavier, than the Acura, but to me even though it's crude, has really notchy, "particular unforgiving transmission", and lots of road noise. On rough pavement it trys to dart around a bit, but on a nice smooth track it's simply amazing. Honestly it's a track car, I don't think they ever considered real world driving conditions when they set this thing up from the beginning. It seems to love the smooth pavement of a good track more than anything.

The Acura, doesn't dart around on rough roads, constantly keeps it's wheels, "all 4 of them" on the ground, and will hang pretty amazingly through even a rough & bumby turn. Not the mention the tranny is spectacular. engine is a little low on power in the low revs, but comes on like a freight train in the higher revs. Deffinatly fun to drive and more forgiving than the ferrari.

I have to admit, I have loved learning to drive the F-car, it really is challanging at times, but when you actually suceed in getting in sink, it's kinda like the first time you hover a helicopter. That's the best way I can put it. My honest evaluation.

Indytech said:
I personally own a Black 1990 348TS. I Love it, it honestly drives just like an F-40, minus the flat 12. Brutal driving expierence, Manual stearing rack, noisy full of flaws. Honestly that's what I like about it, it does feel much like a recer of yesteryear. I also love the looks.

I love everything about the NSX driving expierence. Smooth, quite, refined, very fast and nimble. I don't like the sound the engine makes as much as the F-car, even though It feels faster. My fathers cars always had stock pipes, pretty quite actually.

The f-car feels heavier, than the Acura, but to me even though it's crude, has really notchy, "particular unforgiving transmission", and lots of road noise. On rough pavement it trys to dart around a bit, but on a nice smooth track it's simply amazing. Honestly it's a track car, I don't think they ever considered real world driving conditions when they set this thing up from the beginning. It seems to love the smooth pavement of a good track more than anything.

The Acura, doesn't dart around on rough roads, constantly keeps it's wheels, "all 4 of them" on the ground, and will hang pretty amazingly through even a rough & bumby turn. Not the mention the tranny is spectacular. engine is a little low on power in the low revs, but comes on like a freight train in the higher revs. Deffinatly fun to drive and more forgiving than the ferrari.

I have to admit, I have loved learning to drive the F-car, it really is challanging at times, but when you actually suceed in getting in sink, it's kinda like the first time you hover a helicopter. That's the best way I can put it. My honest evaluation.

Where do you live? You should hear the NSX with a taitec GTLW and headers. The car sounds very exotic just like a F-car.

Vances car is very mean sounding too with the gt-rom exhaust and fujitsubo headers. :biggrin:

But theres nothing like the F-car sound. :biggrin:

Indytech said:
Ski-Bunker

HAHAHAHHAHA ROTFLMAO

You make some good points about cars. I bet I would be really surprised what any of my cars would do in the hands of a professional. I have been doing a lot of thinking lately about taking some driving courses to get more out of my cars.

Like a member here once said..."the best mod you can do is to upgrade the nut behind the wheel."

Indytech said:

Sounds like you really enjoy it, and thats what its all about.
I have driven several 355 and 360's at the track and the 360cs is my favorite, but I still prefer the feel of the NSX as a package.
When the 430cs comes out I may have to sell my NSX's.
Unfortunately I dont get to drive to many of them on the street to get to experience the other attributes.

Edgemts said:
Sounds like you really enjoy it, and thats what its all about.
I have driven several 355 and 360's at the track and the 360cs is my favorite, but I still prefer the feel of the NSX as a package.
When the 430cs comes out I may have to sell my NSX's.
Unfortunately I dont get to drive to many of them on the street to get to experience the other attributes.

Here you go
http://www.ferrariofnewportbeach.com/inventory/inventory.asp?id=127

I have enjoyed it, I've never really thought of it, but they kind of sound like a FIAT on steriods.

I've always like the mid engine design. I'm honestly thinking about getting an NSX when my wifes lease is up on her Mercedes. I think she would love the car, the style the looks, and you know who would get many chances to drive it. Some times we have to give a little to get a little. But I think it would be an easy sell. When we were in the Winn in LV she took a liking to a little yellow boxter convertable. I think I could get her to upgrade to the NSX no problem.

Great thread! Nice to see the comrodary (sp...I see alcoholic beverages so apparently we can't spell either!). Finally, no trash and mutual respect. Gotta love this guys! Maybe one day, I will get to sit behind the wheel of an F-car myself. Until then, keep the dialogue going.

Cheers!

Chuck

ChopsJazz said:
You make some good points alright, except an F40 has a turbocharged V8.

Who are you? :confused:

He got you there. :biggrin:

ChopsJazz said:

I stopped by this myself too, because I thought "everyone" knew it had a V8 with turbo? Because it was known for the lag it used to have....

ChopsJazz said:

Who are you? :confused:

Thanks ChopsJazz I was wondering when someone would wake up to this poster. He likes NSX so much he wants to get one for his wife???? Won't say where's he's at ,but his dad has had two complimentary NSX??? Then he doesn't know what engine is in an F40???? What enthusiasts doesn't know what engine is in an F40??

No offense to you sir ,but surely you can understand my skepticism from all the left handed compliments. This post seems more trojan horse than gift horse ,but if I'm wrong please accept my apologies:wink:

Indy - for the last time - re read what Ive written. You're a few years older than I am so Ill blame it on the Alzheimers, but in no instance have I slagged your cars. I find it tiring that I must continue to smack you over the head with this. Everyone else seems to get it. Plus, Ive been on FChat longer than I have on PRIME. Im 6 or so years now on FChat; longer than you maybe? Maybe you're confusing me with someone else. Stop confusing everything with everyone.

There is a thing called search. Do one and you will find all my posts on FChat. If you 1) can find the search button, and 2) can figure out how you use it, you will find that I love Fcars. Adore Fcars. As Ive said to you NUMEROUS times, they're just not for me given my lifestyle of zero time for car hassel.

At that point Id like you to smack yourself in the head for being an idiot.

And oh, welcome to PRIME.

I think you've got your knickers in a knot because I pointed out that the moderator banned Ski_banker, owner of a glorious car, for a strong personal attack but let you walk after doing the same. Sounds 14ish to me, still.

Last edited:
ediddynsx said:

The 430 challenge is just awesome, but its only a race car, and as much as I would like to have one, I cant do 2 f- cars, would have to get a divorce first. I am looking forward to the 430 cs, or the new NSX, but I believe the cs is due in early 2008.

I don't know who's what?, whats why, or why's when, but this thread certainly turned aggressive fast.

Everybody have a great and enjoyable day.
Go drive your NSX, or Ferrari, or ???

|Adeel said:
ChopsJazz said:
I stopped by this myself too, because I thought "everyone" knew it had a V8 with turbo? Because it was known for the lag it used to have....

Thought he meant something else referring to a flat 12, coz indeed, I thought "everyone" knew it had a V8 with turbo.

Edgemts said:
The 430 challenge is just awesome, but its only a race car, and as much as I would like to have one, I cant do 2 f- cars, would have to get a divorce first. I am looking forward to the 430 cs, or the new NSX, but I believe the cs is due in early 2008.

I don't know who's what?, whats why, or why's when, but this thread certainly turned aggressive fast.

Everybody have a great and enjoyable day.
Go drive your NSX, or Ferrari, or ???

By all means carry on with the much improved dialogue in this thread versus the rediculus behaviour over on FChat. Im calling Indy out because he's being an idiot, identifying me as a perpetrator of negativity toward Fcars.

DutchBlackNsx said:
Thought he meant something else referring to a flat 12, coz indeed, I thought "everyone" knew it had a V8 with turbo.

I assumed that because he said this in one sentence;

Indytech said:
...it honestly drives just like an F-40, minus the flat 12.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe he can answer if he was talking about some other car :smile:

Back