• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

Feeler: Interested in Group buy for OEM 02+ rear valence?

All

Just putting a feeler out there for now to see if anyone is interested in a group buy for the OEM 02+ rear valence. This is NOT aftermarket.

This is probably only really beneficial for those in the local SF bay Area guys or anyone that can drive to the bay area, since they would just come pick up from me locally. Of course I could always ship to that person at the buyers expense, but it may not be that economical if i did so.

The list price on this is $890.00. I will be trying to get this part for $660.00 picked up. (no tax, no ship cost) Again, just trying to get a feeler out there to see whos interested a serious at this point. Then Ill move forward and see if i am able to secure that price and solidify the group buy.

OEM PART number: 71511-SL0-000ZZ, no hardware included at this price/offer, this is simply the rear valence only.

Post here if interested.

Interested:

Name/location:
1) Edub/ bay area
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Thanks

Last edited:
Just Call Ray Lak's Honda/acura. They'll Ship It To Your Door W/o Shipping Or Taxes For About That Price Or Less If I Remeber Correctly.

Just a note that you will also want to get the bracket and fasteners included. They are needed for the support of the valence and differ on 02+ cars.

Cheers,
-- Chris

AND YES LIKE CHRIS SAID YOU WILL NEED THE BRACKET. IT WAS AROUND $15

Looks like I will need at least 3 to make this order happen. However if Ray Lak's Honda/acura is able to offer this deal then we wont need a group buy.

Anyone else interested?

Re: no tax/shipping...

FWIW, www.magauto.com offers the '02+ NSX rear-valance for $665.69/shipped... :cool:

Their free shipping has exclusions: "Hoods, Fenders, Bumpers, most sheet metal and Packages over 40lbs or items with shipping containers exceeding 128 inches of girth"

I'm sure this part would be termed a "bumper". In fact, the first link you click on to get to it is "rear bumper"... :rolleyes: The devil is in the details (or in this case, the fine print).

J

Ray Laks Honda/Acura Ships for free. I have ordered this Item including the Stay. only charged $4 for handling fee's

other avenues...

Their free shipping has exclusions: "Hoods, Fenders, Bumpers...

I'm sure this part would be termed a "bumper"...
I actually inquired w/ them and this particular part ships for free. However, I haven't placed an order nor do I plan to at this point in time. If anyone does plan to go w/ www.magauto.com, make sure to confirm that this part doesn't warrant a shipping charge.

For those seeking a real group-buy/wholesale-like pricing, try to solicit a body-shop/parts-reseller. They get OEM parts from Honda/Acura at a very reduced price (much cheaper than the 25%-30% discount that certain online parts dealers offer), of which they can extend the concession to you!

Nota Bene: I have no interest, affiliation, or involvement w/ www.magauto.com

Last edited:
Re: other avenues...

For those seeking a real group-buy/wholesale-like pricing, try to solicit a body-shop/parts-reseller. They get OEM parts from Honda/Acura at a very reduced price (much cheaper than the 25%-30% discount that certain online parts dealers offer), of which they can extend the concession to you!

That actually sounds like a great idea. I wonder if there are questions asked if/when a purchase like this happens. Like, does the OEM ever ask why a body shop suddenly needs, say, 5 of the same part? I don't know why someone hasn't thought of this before.

J

ALL

just bumping this thread to see if there is new interest in the 02+ rear valence. Again, the price i am have temporarily agreed to with the dealership is 660.00 picked up. Right now I have 2 interested, Anyone else?

Please post up if you do.

Thank you.

Name/location:
1) Edub/ bay area
2)Peterm/ bay area
3)
4)

Last edited:
I believe the DF valence is actually different than the OEM rear valence. It is close to the same but they are actually different. Also you cant mount the diffuser on the DF one either. It only mounts to the OEM rear valence.

I dont actually have any pics to confirm, but thats what i recalled. This is why many seem to be very interested in the OEM rear valence instead of the DF.

Hi all,

Would you consider trying to start a downforce replica GB?

http://www.downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16283&cat=268&page=2

They list at $595 and maybe a group buy can reduce that cost? It's a better value than OEM and looks identical.

I'm in if we can get good price.

-Bill

Yeah, one of the locals here has the DF lower valance and though it is very nice it is not exactly the same.

J

I believe the DF valence is actually different than the OEM rear valence. It is close to the same but they are actually different. Also you cant mount the diffuser on the DF one either. It only mounts to the OEM rear valence.

I dont actually have any pics to confirm, but thats what i recalled. This is why many seem to be very interested in the OEM rear valence instead of the DF.

DF says their valance works with their diffusor...

http://www.downforce.biz/cart/product.php?productid=16322&cat=268&page=1

DF rear valance goes for $400 I picked up 2 from them allready last year...Call Sam and ask them a price if you pick them up.
DF ones a little different than the OEM rear valance....they fit ok but look better as they are little more aggessive than the oem rear valance.... While you are at it get a NSXR diffusor and complete look for just about $200-300

Yeah, one of the locals here has the DF lower valance and though it is very nice it is not exactly the same.

J

That'd be me! The DF version is better looking IMO because it looks more aggressive. The side of the valence comes out a little further and is angled compared to the OEM.

The DF can use a diffuser but is only compatible with the DF diffuser.

Does anyone know someone at DF well enough to start a group buy? (Edub, sorry we hijacked your thread).

If Yaynsx says he got them for $400, I'm sure we may have a few interested parties.

Regards,
Bill

Does anyone know someone at DF well enough to start a group buy? (Edub, sorry we hijacked your thread).

If Yaynsx says he got them for $400, I'm sure we may have a few interested parties.

Regards,
Bill

Call Peter or Sam @ DF and see what they can do. I am sure you will have to pick it up though as I did. The shops in Orange county, so you guys can hit up one of the LA NSX guys and see they can pick up 5 of them and than ship it all at once.

Back