Favorite place to buy furniture? Ever tried the web?

MJK

Legendary Member
So I was looking around for some new furniture, ideally cherry/mohagany finished, solid oak contruction in the Arts & Crafts or Mission style. Since I live in BFE, the internet is presenting some intriguing options.

Has anyone bought furniture over the web, and if so what were your experiences? Any BM favorites would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mark

I bought my entire house (bed, chairs, bar, couches, kitchen table, dining room table, coffee tables, etc...) of funrniture on the web from a really high end company called Room and Board. It is all black leather and stainless steel (ultra contemporary) so not the style it sounds like you are looking for, but is was a great experience. It was cool becuase they had all matching collections, so the whole house matches (bed mathces the coffee tables, bar, etc). It was freighted in and they set the entire house up for me, it was really easy.

www.roomandboard.com

White94 said:
So I was looking around for some new furniture, ideally cherry/mohagany finished, solid oak contruction in the Arts & Crafts or Mission style.

Have you looked at www.strictlywoodfurniture.com ? I got one of their Morris chairs in mahogany with leather seating at something like 60%off. Just sign up for their closeout/clearance list and they periodically send out a list of inventory at really good prices. I'm really happy with the quality and it cost me about a quarter of a Stickley piece.

Nate

We bought a cherry bedroom set last year through Rose Furniture of High Point, NC. They have many different brand names on their web site and, compared to our local "good" furniture B&M store their pricing was excellent even after the shipping. Good experience. (rosefurniture.com)

Hm?

jgtcnsx said:
ikea has alot of nice stuff. kinda expensive though
1) I don't think Ikea's furniture offerings meet the White94's criteria. :confused: 2) Price-wise, they are not much more expensive than what's available at your local Wal-Mart. :confused:

Thanks for the suggestions guys!

Big_Nate, that is exactly up my alley - I have already signed up. Thanks for the pointer.

Anyone ever hear of http://www.barnfurniture.com/ - some of the more Frank Lloyd Wright style stuff is really looking pretty nice.

Last edited:
lemansnsx said:
We bought a cherry bedroom set last year through Rose Furniture of High Point, NC. They have many different brand names on their web site and, compared to our local "good" furniture B&M store their pricing was excellent even after the shipping. Good experience. (rosefurniture.com)

I am personal friends with the owners (no deals, just friends) and they are fabulous from the business aspect, and solid citizens both corporate and personal.

Back