fair price for a new 2005 NSX

WingZ said:
Yeah Vancehu they do the $7500 off deal quite a bit. I paid $74k last year for my brand new LBBP 04 last year. Basically once I found out about the $7500 I just emailed dealers that had the NSX I wanted ( four total ) and waited till I got my price.

HotHonda!!!! I'm not a fan of white cars ,but yours looks sooooooo good! What colour interior? Don't be too hard on Vancehu. I've been following his posts for a while and he's one of the best posters on Prime and a staunch defender of the NSX faith:biggrin:

I appreciate the corrections and information. I called my friend up in Bellevue regarding his "mis" information and he still swear no incentive info on the NSX is there. He did mention to me however, the owner of the dealer is getting one more, and she is going to keep that car for herself.

the information is quite useful. Here is one more piece of information if you guys can help me out, where are the dealership you guys purchased from?

I stop buy two dealers yesterday and both of them refuse to sell the 05 unless I caugh up 82 grand. and they are in Southern California. When I ask them about the $7500 rebate, they didn't admit or denying it. I also called few dealers in NV and Nothern Cal, they wouldn't talk because while two of dealers are getting their last allocation next month, they want to hold off to see if they will get better offer since the NSX is no more.

One more piece of information. I spoke to another friend of my in Honda head quarter, he told me there are going to be over 250 NSX with North American VIN built; however, not all of them are going to be retailed. The following people are getting the last five or so: Honda Museum in Japan (LHD), three excutives in American Honda corp, and Honda Museuem in Europe.

Vancehu said:
I appreciate the corrections and information. I called my friend up in Bellevue regarding his "mis" information and he still swear no incentive info on the NSX is there. He did mention to me however, the owner of the dealer is getting one more, and she is going to keep that car for herself.

the information is quite useful. Here is one more piece of information if you guys can help me out, where are the dealership you guys purchased from?

I stop buy two dealers yesterday and both of them refuse to sell the 05 unless I caugh up 82 grand. and they are in Southern California. When I ask them about the $7500 rebate, they didn't admit or denying it. I also called few dealers in NV and Nothern Cal, they wouldn't talk because while two of dealers are getting their last allocation next month, they want to hold off to see if they will get better offer since the NSX is no more.

One more piece of information. I spoke to another friend of my in Honda head quarter, he told me there are going to be over 250 NSX with North American VIN built; however, not all of them are going to be retailed. The following people are getting the last five or so: Honda Museum in Japan (LHD), three excutives in American Honda corp, and Honda Museuem in Europe.

I think dealers are trying to take advantage of the NSX cancellation. Hey Vancehu if you have Acura contacts check the east coast inventory this is a great time with snow on the ground. They don't move as many Nsx's here ( actually next to none in my state ) on the midwest/east coast. When I was shopping last year the Ca dealers were the least flexible. Try Colorado, Ohio, Il or the south.

The Kid said:
Ive got an 04 Yellow and 00 Yellow sitting on my showroom floor.:biggrin: Ill be adding an 01 Red and an 02 Orange by weeks end.

To all those to inquired via PM about the orange 2002, we are not getting this car.

nsxtcy85 said:
Please sell your nsx if you have one and go away!

Your a discrace to the Nsx community.:mad:
It will be for sale as soon as I come up with the $75K cash. Don't like car loans any more. Will still put a 2002 NSX on the short list along with the Cayman.

I think the NSX is a great crusing car. If my next car doesn't have to pull serious track duity I'll still go with an NSX.

Too bad you feel that anyone who doesn't agree with your view of the world should leave.:tongue:

People are in line to buy the first 5000 Z06s at $70K +. Acura couldn't sell 5000 units in the USA in 15 years at around the same price. It's a great car and the fact that you don't underatdn that shows you are not a serious performance person. Just someone who found a car they like and get afraid anytime some mentions there may be another interesting car out there.

cfra7 said:
It will be for sale as soon as I come up with the $75K cash. Don't like car loans any more. Will still put a 2002 NSX on the short list along with the Cayman.

I think the NSX is a great crusing car. If my next car doesn't have to pull serious track duity I'll still go with an NSX.

Too bad you feel that anyone who doesn't agree with your view of the world should leave.:tongue:

People are in line to buy the first 5000 Z06s at $70K +. Acura couldn't sell 5000 units in the USA in 15 years at around the same price. It's a great car and the fact that you don't underatdn that shows you are not a serious performance person. Just someone who found a car they like and get afraid anytime some mentions there may be another interesting car out there.

Just because foolish American car buyers swarm to buy vett's does make it a better car. True, an 06 Z06 can outperform a NSX is straghtline speed but in overall performance........I don't think so. An NSX properly modified to have even close to the HP of a Vette will still smoke it at the track........as an added bonus you can drive a car the every 50 year old in American isn't driving........some of us enjoy the exclusivity and exoticness of the car and not just the stock HP.........for $75K you can buy a used NSX with low miles and mod it to outperform the vette I guarantee it.

I think we all agree that there are other interesting cars out there but why be on an NSX forum when you clearly don't appreciate or understand the NSX!

after sitting in/seeing a Z06 in person, it heavily disappointed me.

unfortunately it's still a chevy. What i mean by that is it's build quality was very chevrolet. As much of an improvement it is over the C5, it still wasn't enough to impress me, or beg me to pay $70,000+ for it. Amazing machine, yes. Amazing CAR, nope.

jmo... i'd take a 91 NSX over a 2006 Z06.

jjeray said:
True, an 06 Z06 can outperform a NSX is straghtline speed but in overall performance........I don't think so. An NSX properly modified to have even close to the HP of a Vette will still smoke it at the track........

With complete respect, I disagree with the above. The new vette is, from a performance perspective, incredibly compelling. I would guess that you will not exceed it by a notable margin if you found a way to get your NSX up to 500ish HP. The vette is a great performer; regardless of price. The fact that it can be attained for the price of a new NSX is a testimant to how performance costs much less then pretty much everything else.

I still take the NSX over the new Z06 because that everything else is, well, everything.

SPA_S2000 said:
With complete respect, I disagree with the above. The new vette is, from a performance perspective, incredibly compelling. I would guess that you will not exceed it by a notable margin if you found a way to get your NSX up to 500ish HP. The vette is a great performer; regardless of price. The fact that it can be attained for the price of a new NSX is a testimant to how performance costs much less then pretty much everything else.

I still take the NSX over the new Z06 because that everything else is, well, everything.

I may have been too aggressive in my use of the word "smoke", I guess what I meant to say is that an NSX, with some HP modifications, is every bit the vette in performance and still a way more desirable, exotic, and frankly better quality car.

NSXNXS said:
A Corvette is a redneck's car

I disagree, a corvette is not a redneck's car, but often it is quite a different buyer than that of an NSX. That being said, neither is a better person because of it...........perhaps one just might be a bit wiser :wink:

Back