Fair Market Value for 80K Mile '97 ??

Thanks for the great info. To clear up the Re-Paint issue: One of the fenders was damaged when the first owner had it (hit a deer). It was professionally done and I couldn't tell that anything had been done (when I first saw the car May 2001).

The nose, hood and fenders were painted again and a new OEM windshield installed due to 68K miles worth of rock chips. This was done by McLeod Auto Body in Seattle to the tune of $3500 or so just before I took ownership and I've got the paperwork on this job. I believe it was very well done as it looks as nice as the rest of the car.

To sum it up, yes it has had some body panel work/paint, but not the whole car.

And I don't know who would drive a car like this only 5K miles per year! I drive it about 2K miles per month -- it's a great car to drive! I don't understand having a car like this just sitting in the garage, but maybe some people have several nice cars to drive?? In any case, I bought it to drive and I've loved every minute of it.

Aaron

[This message has been edited by aaronb (edited 28 July 2002).]

Not all that many people drive 2K miles per month, no matter WHAT car(s) they're driving.

[This message has been edited by nsxtasy (edited 28 July 2002).]

Wow 2K miles a month?
smile.gif
I only wish I was home enough to put that many miles on my car
smile.gif

I put 2K miles on my car all of last year... thanks to having a job that sends me travelling 2/3's of the month...

This year is going to be different
smile.gif
Im shooting for 4K miles! :P Actually im already up to 8K due to all the long trips to have the car "modified" to the extremes....

At anyrate... to a buyer who doesn't plan on keeping the car stock, miles means nothing... especially if you are keeping it forever... or until you wreck it.

Ive had my 92' 8 years now, and I wouldn't get rid of it even for a newer one. I may however buy a 2nd one someday ;P Given the fact Ive accepted that my NSX isn't going anywhere, miles of course means nothing to me because I have no intent on selling the vehicle.

And since the engine is/has so much work being done to it, its almost like having a new engine anyways, so all the miles really represent is a guage on my dash that keeps going up over time
smile.gif

The car stays the same, and im sure you'll find a buyer that appreciates that....

-B

I drove my convertible 300z 3k per month.. back and forth NY Flushing.. twice per week. and you will ended up somewhat 3k per month...

One of the benefits of being unemployed all spring was driving around with the top off while my wife continues to support me in the manner I've become accustomed to :-)

Also, since the dot-com crash, I've been forced out of my cushy management job into a series of hired-gun technical positions all over the Dallas Metroplex. One of my contracts had me on a 40 mile (each way) commute!

Originally posted by aaronb:

One of my contracts had me on a 40 mile (each way) commute!

40 miles? Hah! Lightweight! I used to commute 92 miles each way - had it down to 1hr 23min including stretches of 35-45mph local roads at each end of the trip. That's an average speed of just over 70 furlongs per fortnight for anyone who cares... 40 miles one way? I snigger in your general direction to paraphrase Monty Python...

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

My opinion is that $55k is a bit too high for a car with 80k. I was in the market for a '97 and was able to find multiple at the $55k mark, but only 20-25k miles. Truthfully, I would not have even responded to an ad asking $55k for such high miles. BTW, I live in the Bay area, don't know if that make s difference.

Kevin

40 Miles seems like a long way compared to my other contracts that I worked out of my home office! I prefer to roll out of bed, make some coffee and walk to my office!

Back